Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Selectable colors for powers during character creation

A really great feature would be the ability to select the colors of your powers.
If my character is the Blue Mage, I would want the colors of my spell powers to be blue too.
It shouldn't be too hard to add a color wheel or pallette to chose the colors of the powers.

What do you guys say?

Comments

• This is already in the game and you won't have to select it at character creation. Not only will your augmented abilities do this but they mentioned you could skin abilities to change their looks. Like purple fire or black Ice etc.
  • I want green with purple spots fires.
  • I want green with purple spots fires.
    That is a nice combo but im more of an ice blue and balefire green 

• nagash said:
    I want green with purple spots fires.
    That is a nice combo but im more of an ice blue and balefire green 

Whatever rocks your bones I suppose.
  • I'm going to get weird with it and go with oranges and yellows for my fires. Maybe a splash of red too.
  • Everything in bright pink.
    Pink Fire, Pink Ice, Pink Water, Pink Void, Pink Darkness, Pink Stealth.

Just wan´t to confuse my opponent as much as possible. He won´t know what hit him.

Also i will have bright pink dyes on my armor. So when i´m standing in my own bright pink effects i´m invisible.
  • There is nnothing better then to purge your enemies with the pink fire of love.
    PURGE! PURGE! PURGE!
  • Augentier said:
    Everything in bright pink.

Just wan´t to confuse my opponent as much as possible. He won´t know what hit him.

Also i will have bright pink dyes on my armor. So when i´m standing in my own bright pink effects i´m invisible.

yesssss!!!!!! We need all of this Lol. Im on board when ot comes to anything cute and fantastic.
  • Pinkberry said:
    Augentier said:

yesssss!!!!!! We need all of this Lol. Im on board when ot comes to anything cute and fantastic.
    Does this count?

• @nagashfantastic amount of "wtf?" and also cute wings and tutu like skirt. 
    So i vote that it counts. But i leave that for @Pinkberry to decide.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018
    nagash said:
    Does this count?

The first thing I said was WTF. Now thats a skin people would buy for the lol's. Intrepid make it happen.

PS

Another thread derailed. Good work all. :)
  • Tulnar spell effects on the store.
    Image result for care bears gif
  • This is already in the game
    ..Isn't this only for Kickstarter backers though? Cause I remember hearing about it then getting really sad that I couldn't get it.
  • Hmm it may be. I didn't know it was through the kickstarter, I thought I heard it somewhere else where you would be able to buy skins for your abilities and change their look. I don't remember where I heard it but it may be kickstarter only then which would be disappointing but I feel I heard them say you could buy effects for abilities through the store. 
  • Jokuc said:
    This is already in the game
    ..Isn't this only for Kickstarter backers though? Cause I remember hearing about it then getting really sad that I couldn't get it.
    Kickstarter backers do indeed have an exclusive set of effects. It has never been stated that you would not be able to get others in game or through the cosmetic store. If it is cosmetic and has no stench of p2w you can bet it will be sold on the store. The great thing about Ashes though is that they have committed to equivalent items and effects to be gained just in game through subbing. So while you may never be able to get the magenta (speculation) frostbolt, you probably will be able to get one that is two shades different.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018
    I vaguely remember reading something that there are multiple sets / colours for abilities (I will try and find it).  They will be different though.  KS gets one set, other types of backers get another set, and you can purchase a different set.  That way, you get the exclusivity of a set, but everyone can get something.

Well, it looks like I was thinking of dyes.  There are multiple sets of those.  I am still sure that there will be different sets of exclusive FX packages.  And I hope I am right.
    Just imagine mixing and matching effects?  The KS 'haunting green' (which I hope is a thing) and another set ice blue for Nagash…  Maybe throw in a splash of pink.
  • Augentier said:

So you’re going to kill him with Pepto-Bismol.

At least you’ll cure his upset stomach.
  • Atama said:
    Augentier said:

So you’re going to kill him with Pepto-Bismol.

At least you’ll cure his upset stomach.
    Nice Idea! Good thing we have Potion Launchers!