Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

SKILL TABLE

Hey guys! 
I have a question. Its about if there will be like a skill table where you put one point on STR/AGI/ACCU/HEATL per each level you got like Dark Souls OR skill tree where you get a plus stats on your character like in Guild Wars2 or Path of Exile?

I think that if you want to be unique and explore more your capabilities you need to combine more than just your items and mix those skill points. (armor, weapon, rod) and!! like dark souls you should be able to handle the weapon or armor with your skill points in addition to the level that you are.  
Besides, the change most be visible. for example: if you are like full AGI you should be faster(running and hitting). if you are full STR your life should increase a lot and your armor/(defense) as well.

Thanks for this great work and hope play this game as same passion like you Intrepid Studios!! 

S
incerely, FernandoB.

Comments

• Hi @FernandoBlanco!

There is no direkt skill table where you can change your stats.
    1. The race "seeds" a player's base stats.
    2. The primary archetype grows the base stats.
    3. The secondary archetype (class) further grows the stats.

To feel unique there are multiple systems in place:
    1. Your primary archetype gives you skills to choose from.
    2. Each skill has multiple levels which increase the power of the skill. You can´t max every skill. So you can choose to have a lot of low level skills or a few max level skills.
    3.  Your secondary archetype (class) gives you multiple Augments which can change the functionality of each skill.
    4. Each weapon will have weapon progression.
    I believe this is currently everything we know. Everyone else feel free to correct me or add something.
  • @Augentier
    from what i can recall it seems right, professions wont be having an affect on your stats either(just to preempt that).
  • Hopefully this will help a bit 
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Skills
  • Racial progression will affect stats.
  • Is it odd that I read the title as skull table?
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018
    nagash said:
    Is it odd that I read the title as skull table?
    Its totally normal Nagash, we dont think any different of you.
    After all you are our necromantic overlord, you will free us of our prison of flesh.

Back to topic, I really like that our race will give us our stat seeds. That makes the choice of class/race combo way more interesting. 
  • Damokles said:
    nagash said:
    After all you are our necromantic overlord, you will free us of our prison of flesh.

Back to topic, I really like that our race will give us our stat seeds. That makes the choice of class/race combo way more interesting. 
    But i like my flesh prison. Can i be spared of the freeing? 
  • Augentier said:
    Damokles said:
    nagash said:

But i like my flesh prison. Can i be spared of the freeing? 
    Sure you have till your first death
  • nagash said:
    Not odd that you read it that way.
  • Atama said:
    nagash said:
    haha am I really that predictable ^^
  • nagash said:
    Atama said:
    nagash said:
    Quite so, some may say repetitive too ;) running out of things to say sir calcium ? 
  • nagash said:
    Atama said:
    nagash said:
    Quite so, some may say repetitive too ;) running out of things to say sir calcium ? 
    hmmm

I don't know anymore. what even am I. Maybe it is time to retire and wait and just watch from the shadows.

• nagash said:
    Atama said:
    nagash said:
    You might say he’s ossified.
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:
    Atama said:
    nagash said:
    hmmm

I don't know anymore. what even am I. Maybe it is time to retire and wait and just watch from the shadows.

Good idea, I've been sitting here with tea all this time, I'd say you earned a break, you have undead summons for something right ? 
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:
    Atama said:
    nagash said:
    hmmm

Good idea, I've been sitting here with tea all this time, I'd say you earned a break, you have undead summons for something right ? 
    i thot the summons were meant to polish is bone