Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Comments

• Player perspective - should be like in apocalypse version where you can freely move around and dodge using your hand mechanics where you can make the terrain and environment as your advantage. 
    Critical hits - occur when weak spot is hit 
    Miss - dodge/evade skill with hand mechanics not due to evasion stats (like in dragon nest) 
    Stats - basic stats are based on race
    Character level - only boost stats (not skill levels) 

Stats

1. Strength - boost physical defence and physical attack 
    2. Vitality - boost maximum health and health regen
    3. Agility - boost move speed, attack speed and cast time 
    4. Intelligence - boost magic attack and maximum mana
    5. Wisdom - boost magic defence and mana regen
    6. Luck - boost drop rate and enhancement rate

Hidden stats - stats that can be obtain through quest 
    1. Fame - boost familiarity with npc (you can obtain higher rank quest from npc depending on your fame) (quest rank F, E, D, C, B, A, and S) fame will be reduce when a quest results a failure or abandoning it (can be obtain through achievements)
    2. Elements - boost elemental attack and defence(each elements have separate stats dark,ice,fire, earth, lightning and holy.) 

Elements
    1. Fire - boost fire resistance and fire damage (can proc burn status "dps") 
    2. Ice - boost ice resistance and ice damage (can proc chilling status "reduce all stats") 
    3. Earth - boost earth resistance and earth damage (can proc stun status) 
    4. Lightning - boost lightning resistance and lightning damage (can proc paralyse status) 
    5. Dark - reduce divine resistance but boost all other element resistance and dark damage 
    6. Divine - boost divine resistance and divine damage (proc healing status " regen or burst heal") very strong against dark/undead monsters.

Skill/Ability level - can be level up when skill is frequently used (level 1 to 10 each category)
    Skill categories - Beginner, Intermediate, Advance and Master

Requirement to advance to next category 
    1. Beginner to Intermediate - beginner lvl 10 + quest 
    2. Intermediate to Advance - intermediate lvl 10+quest 
    3. Advance to Master - intermediate lvl 10+quest+achievement 
    4. Master lvl 1-10 - needs 99%+ quest to level up

Job skills - can be learn through quest or skill books 
    NPC - gives quest depending on fame
    Death penalty - chance to drop an item, 24 hrs death penalty time, drop in character level and skill proficiency (when killed by a player death penalty time reduce to 4 hrs ) 
    Killer - cant get quest, cant obtain fame, increase the chance of item drop when die, 48 hrs death penalty time.
    Auction - accessible without logging in to the game (like in steam so you can trade or sell items through web browser).
    Quest - quest given by npc depends on your fame

Quest rank:
    1. F - The easiest type of quest that low level players are able finish alone.
    2. E - One of the easiest types of quest given. Low level players or a band of low level players can complete this task.
    3. D - A medium level type of quest that may or may not require a level requirement. Better for a band of lower level or medium level players.
    4. C - These quests are suited to mid to high level players.
    5. B - Usually for high level players and guilds. Rank B quests may directly affect conditions on the Continent of Ashes of creation if they are successfully completed or the player/players completing the quest fail it.
    6. A - Only for high level players and guilds. Rank A quests will directly affect conditions on the Continent of Ashes of creation if they are successfully completed or the player/players completing the quest fail it
    7. S - The rarest and hardest type of quest. Only for high level players and guilds. Rank S quests will directly affect conditions on the Continent of Ashes of creation if they are successfully completed or the player/players completing the quest fail it.
    with these kind of system it cant be boring and you can experience unique and new feels of mmo.
  • I'd personally prefer to see a ton of different stats. Even for small things that doesn't really make a big difference such as charisma. I'm a sucker for those kind of things.
  • Pretty sure that buying/selling will be the almost the opposite of what you want.  There isn’t even a global AH.

This isn’t going to be a 100% twitch-based FPS game either.  Some skills will be but there’s also tab targeting.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018
    Atama said:
    Pretty sure that buying/selling will be the almost the opposite of what you want.  There isn’t even a global AH.
    Exactly. This is one of the best things about the game, but at the same time one of the most risky things.

The game will feature markets which players can create themselves and sell what they want for the price they want. So prices and items are going to vary for each city, some items or materials may be more common in a certain area of the map - meaning that you'll have to travel to nodes around that area to purchase it for a cheaper price.
  • Zaczac271 said:
    Stats

1. Strength - boost physical defence and physical attack 
    2. Vitality - boost maximum health and health regen
    3. Agility - boost move speed, attack speed and cast time 
    4. Intelligence - boost magic attack and maximum mana
    5. Wisdom - boost magic defence and mana regen
    6. Luck - boost drop rate and enhancement rate
    Ignoring the fact that this is YOUR dream mmo and saying thus it can't be boring is silly, your stats don't make much sense to me.

Vitality and strength should be mirrored in intelligence and wisdom but instead of hp and physical, with mana and magical, no?
  • You should really check out the wiki before you get your hopes up on a few of these things.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • @NeuroGuy well what i want to point out here is the fame stats, the separate leveling system for character and skills, and quests that can change the continent itself without any updates included.
  • @McKnightrider i cant read whats in that link i think its bugged?i tried clicking races,religions,classes and skills but nothing is happening
  • @Atama yeah i agree with you but hope theyll make auction site where you can browse your inventory and put them in auction and let people have the bidding. The only restriction is that you cant trade on it.
  • I would love to have a skill level system like in Skyrim.
    The more you use the skill, the strongr it becomes.
  • Damokles said:
    I would love to have a skill level system like in Skyrim.
    The more you use the skill, the strongr it becomes.
    That may be how weapon skills are (I think?)
  • @Zaczac271
    i believe they are trying to have an app/website for that.(ive tried to post it twice now but it needs to be approved for some reason). NeuroGuy is the one that showed me the link for that so if he sees this maybe he'll post the link.

(there may suddenly be two post describing the same thing from me, i can be a little slow at times)
  • @Zaczac271
    i believe they are trying to have an app/website for that.(ive tried to post it twice now but it needs to be approved for some reason). NeuroGuy is the one that showed me the link for that so if he sees this maybe he'll post the link.

(there may suddenly be two post describing the same thing from me, i can be a little slow at times)
    @Zaczac271
    So it's not really an auction site, but players are able to make "stalls" or taverns where they can sell their goods. When you set up a shop or stall that could sell your goods, there will be ui in game (and also likely via an app on your phone) where you could arrange things like prices, taking items off sale etc. You won't have to physically be there, there will be/you can hire an NPC to handle business for you. We don't know the full scope of this system, or if it can be used to browse and buy from other players (I don't think so, and actually hope not) but yeah, here is the wiki link:

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Mobile/web_interface
  • @Damokles thats what i want, skill should be level up through frequently using it not with skillpoints from leveling up your character.
  • @NeuroGuy thnx man,looking forward for it
  • @Zaczac271
     they are going in the another direction, skills points will be earned with lvl ups, which you can then spend(i think in the form of augments, which by visiting a npc i think you can change)
  • mobile application and web interface allows players who are not logged into the game to have authority over certain services and mechanics.[1][2] Some functionality may come post-launch.[3]

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Mobile/web_interface

if this becomes a properly implemented thing ill be so happy.
  • https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Mobile/web_interface

mobile application and web interface allows players who are not logged into the game to have authority over certain services and mechanics.[1][2] Some functionality may come post-launch.[3]

this is an aspect that that if they do follow through on and do it properly will make me so happy.
  • https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Mobile/web_interface

mobile application and web interface allows players who are not logged into the game to have authority over certain services and mechanics.[1][2] Some functionality may come post-launch.[3]

this is an aspect that that if they do follow through on and do it properly will make me so happy.
  • Lol, the floodgates have opened @skullkid1105, might want to stop the leaks.
  • hmmmmmmmm. i dont know why there are three, this is outside calculations.
  • hmmmmmmmm. i dont know why there are three, this is outside calculations.
    We... we gotta go back Morty, there is no time to explain!
  • @skullkid1105 yeah i saw it, the overall development is sick. But i still hope theyll change it and remove skillpoints T_T. I hope to see ecosystem also(prey and predator relationship).ahahaha
  • im down to see ecosystem stuff, but just to be clear, are you advocating for a skyrim like lvl up system, where you have to use a thing enough times then actually put a point into it(going to admit that i have played little of ESO and skyrim), or just your skills lvl up with use?
  • @skullkid1105 no skillpoints needed , what i mean is each skills have its own exp bar. Using that skill will earn skill exp.
  • @Zaczac271
    not sure if that will work with how they want skill progression to work, since its forward progression seems to be in the form of augments which come from different sources(class which i think is the main one, race and religion). on lvl up you allocate points on which skill and augments you want.
  • NeuroGuy said:
    hmmmmmmmm. i dont know why there are three, this is outside calculations.
    maybe we can find a dimension exactly like this one, just a year or so behind. that way we can get KS stuff.
  • NeuroGuy said:
    hmmmmmmmm. i dont know why there are three, this is outside calculations.
    maybe we can find a dimension exactly like this one, just a year or so behind. that way we can get KS stuff.
    This is.. blurrrrpp... this is why I pick the adventures Morty. You're thinking too small, too small Morty! We need to go into the future Morty, to when ashes is released! You want to go back for skins? You know what I want you to do Morty? You know what I want you to do with those skins? I want you to take those skins and put them wayyyyyy up inside your butthole, as far as they can fit, could you do that for granpa Rick? The nodes Morty, we gotta get to the nodes!
  • @skullkid1105 yeah i read that part, but still hoping for it ahahaha coz i feel bored with skillpoints where you can just level up your skill without challenge. Ahahha well ill still play the game coz its overall content is so sick.
  • @Zaczac271
    i think the overall progression of your character will feel nice with what they have in play, this game is going to provide a different challenge than what we've see in a while.