Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Will he underrealm have diverse environments?

First of all, I am aware this is a stretch goal which will not be their main focus until they finish the core game. However, would like to talk about the look and design of the underrealm.

So far, all content of it (that I am aware of) has had this look to it: 

Which looks great, but just like the surface, I would like to have different kinds of environments. Have they said anything about this yet? What kind of looks and what kind of content would you like to see in the underrealm?

I would love to see something similar to these images:

As for content, I'm all about those jumping puzzles and secret hidden areas.

Comments

• considering the tulnar lived underground I can see cities under there
  • Probably will be. Wouldn't want everything revealed. Part of the funs finding it all yourself!
  • Considering that we will be underground I would say that we get at least some lava lake zones, some normal lake zones, mushroom forrests, undead necropolis and some cannibals.
  • It's still really early to see anything Tulnar related but I think the images you posted are pretty close to what we will be getting 'w' I rather not get many leaks and explore it in game when it releases.
  • I'd love something like the dead city in Return of the King. Although that sounds more like a dungeon idea.
  • I want to see ruins like this all over the world

• nagash said:
    I want to see ruins like this all over the world

I bet we will get many ruins in game ;D
    We are rediscovering our home after all :D
  • Probably will be. Wouldn't want everything revealed. Part of the funs finding it all yourself!
    Me neither, would just be cool to hear if they're doing it or not.
  • nagash said:
    I want to see ruins like this all over the world

Dark tower included ? 'w'
  • Damokles said:
    Considering that we will be underground I would say that we get at least some lava lake zones, some normal lake zones, mushroom forrests, undead necropolis and some cannibals.
    Everything is better with some cannibals :blush:
  • I guess we can say that this is confirmed. During one of the Livestreams Steven said:

"One of the important aspects of color play is going to be the distinguishing factor between different Underrealms and the regions that exist in the world: Their color influences set them apart from different regions."

Also we have other potential underrealm screenshots:

• Augentier said:
    I guess we can say that this is confirmed. During one of the Livestreams Steven said:

"One of the important aspects of color play is going to be the distinguishing factor between different Underrealms and the regions that exist in the world: Their color influences set them apart from different regions."

Also we have other potential underrealm screenshots:

Im looking at those pictures and i really want to start a mining expedition. 
    I NEED THOSE CRYSTALS FOR MY JUWELCRAFTING!