Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What's your most memorable MMORPG experience.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    nagash wrote: »
    Trying to take our guild hall in guild wars 2 with only 10 people now that was a nightmare to do

Hmmm... I haven't quiet played that game but is that a good or bad memory ? lol I assume good after you finally got through and took it!

Oh we took it and it was worth it but I will always remember the struggle

Oh~! Hahaha then that's awesome, I hope the struggle was worth it lol
    Poko.png
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My most fond MMO memories are from darkfall and Swtor.
    Darkfall introduced me to meaningful open world conflict and politics which has become my favorite aspect of these games.
    Swtor was really fun for me because i ended up playing it with a lot of my RL friends.
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    My most fond MMO memories are from darkfall and Swtor.
    Darkfall introduced me to meaningful open world conflict and politics which has become my favorite aspect of these games.
    Swtor was really fun for me because i ended up playing it with a lot of my RL friends.

That sounds super cool~! I'd love one day to play ashes with irl friends lol. I hope Ashes will have meaningful open world conflict (Which from what I've seen it does) and that it will compare to your other MMORPGs!
    Poko.png
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Trying to take our guild hall in guild wars 2 with only 10 people now that was a nightmare to do

Reminds me of when I fucked over an entire huge minecraft guild by myself xD not excatly an mmo though :/
  • Options
    ShadowCreptShadowCrept Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Going from Ark Server to Ark Server and Wiping Alpha tribes was always fun.. A good way to kill the game tho :joy:
    ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    Going from Ark Server to Ark Server and Wiping Alpha tribes was always fun.. A good way to kill the game tho :joy:

Oh god ARK. I played that for a while and found like TONS of chinese huge clans hacking haha
    Poko.png
  • Options
    Alpha SoulAlpha Soul Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Man.. I've got a LOT of stories here.

Ultima Online | Great Lakes Server | The Thief

To give you some context here.. in UO you could steal and I had a character that was a Grand master in Stealing, Wrestling, Hiding etc. Well one day I'm running around town and I sidle on up to a person and start stealing multiple pouches from this guy. He realizes it and I take off... he doesn't pursue at first.. The way flagging worked was that as a thief, you would "go grey" if you stole. Meaning you could be attacked by anyone. So me running off, my AIM was to hide and wait off my timer before going back to the bank to unhaul my goods. The timer wears off and as I'm walking towards the bank... the guy shouts "There he is!" with 2 of his other friends.

Now just a reminder, I'm in town and if you attack in town.. if a guard is in shouting distance it is an instant death. So I had my macro ready to call the guards when all 3 of them chucked exploding potions at me.. it took off like 80% of my health but i instantly shout "Guards" and all 3 get massacred . I'm laughing to myself as now I have 3 more corpses to loot. I start looting them all, finish. I start going through my loot when I realized that in my initial stealing I had Stolen a Deed to a Keep that was tucked away in a pouch . Suddenly it made sense why the guys essentially tried to "suicide" kill me, to get the keep deed back that I had no clue I had.

Now I start getting real nervous and I realize that I need to make it back to the bank unhindered as I'm sitting on what is essentially a fortune in deed form. The 3 guys by this point I see come charging at me to repeat the strategy (i'm still only at like 50% health) and I start BOOKING IT. These guys chased me for 10 minutes.. I had to leave town and they are STILL on me to kill me. I have no free moment as If I stopped they would have chucked their potions again.

I realize that if this keeps up they are going to catch me as they started doing things like splitting up and trying to cut me off. So as I'm passing a bush, I quickly chuck it in (the way LOS worked in UO was you couldn't see behind a tree fully until you walked up to it) and I made a hard right and kept running down. They kept following me and eventually killed me about 2 minutes later. I quickly logged out, logged back in another character and ran to the same tree and picked up the deed!

One of the most exhilarating experiences in my gaming career.
  • Options

Those are some AWESOME stories~! I feel like that would wind up being me in Ashes, naked and dumb. It'll be my first MMO~! So I hope i can make memories like you did! <3

It's awesome how people have so many stories to tell with MMORPG games...! It makes me hope and wish even more that Ashes will be an amazing first experience, and that it will last for years to come~! I love the idea of a game lasting for such a long time, like WoW. That just seems so cool...! A community being around for so long, having fun and making stories like your own. Thank you for sharing~! It's getting me even more excited for my first MMO experience c: <3

I hope Ashes will be able to bring back some of that amazement for you, I'm sure it isn't all gone~! I haven't seen anything as ambitious as ashes in a long time. I hadn't even THOUGHT of playing an MMORPG until ashes came along, I'd barely heard of them besides WoW. I think ashes should be able to breathe life until the industry of MMOs. (Hopefully) <3 [/quote]

It's the people you meet in game and places like these forums that make MMOs. For good or bad the community makes the game. From the people I've interacted with here on these forums I can tell this is going to be one of the good ones. Hopefully, once the game launches, you'll start building your own set of memories like the ones we're all relating. :)
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    noemad wrote: »
    Those are some AWESOME stories~! I feel like that would wind up being me in Ashes, naked and dumb. It'll be my first MMO~! So I hope i can make memories like you did! <3

It's awesome how people have so many stories to tell with MMORPG games...! It makes me hope and wish even more that Ashes will be an amazing first experience, and that it will last for years to come~! I love the idea of a game lasting for such a long time, like WoW. That just seems so cool...! A community being around for so long, having fun and making stories like your own. Thank you for sharing~! It's getting me even more excited for my first MMO experience c: <3

I hope Ashes will be able to bring back some of that amazement for you, I'm sure it isn't all gone~! I haven't seen anything as ambitious as ashes in a long time. I hadn't even THOUGHT of playing an MMORPG until ashes came along, I'd barely heard of them besides WoW. I think ashes should be able to breathe life until the industry of MMOs. (Hopefully) <3

It's the people you meet in game and places like these forums that make MMOs. For good or bad the community makes the game. From the people I've interacted with here on these forums I can tell this is going to be one of the good ones. Hopefully, once the game launches, you'll start building your own set of memories like the ones we're all relating. :) [/quote]

Mhm that'll be great~ Being able to tell stories like you and the other~! Making long term friends and such~! Ashes should be amazing, and I can't wait for it to be my first MMORPG. Hopefully it'll breathe life into the genre and give the huge monopoly a run for its money. Yeah I've never used a Forum before but everyone on here is very nice and wonderful to talk with ! like you :D
    Poko.png
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    dracdoc wrote: »
    Man.. I've got a LOT of stories here.

Ultima Online | Great Lakes Server | The Thief

To give you some context here.. in UO you could steal and I had a character that was a Grand master in Stealing, Wrestling, Hiding etc. Well one day I'm running around town and I sidle on up to a person and start stealing multiple pouches from this guy. He realizes it and I take off... he doesn't pursue at first.. The way flagging worked was that as a thief, you would "go grey" if you stole. Meaning you could be attacked by anyone. So me running off, my AIM was to hide and wait off my timer before going back to the bank to unhaul my goods. The timer wears off and as I'm walking towards the bank... the guy shouts "There he is!" with 2 of his other friends.

Now just a reminder, I'm in town and if you attack in town.. if a guard is in shouting distance it is an instant death. So I had my macro ready to call the guards when all 3 of them chucked exploding potions at me.. it took off like 80% of my health but i instantly shout "Guards" and all 3 get massacred . I'm laughing to myself as now I have 3 more corpses to loot. I start looting them all, finish. I start going through my loot when I realized that in my initial stealing I had Stolen a Deed to a Keep that was tucked away in a pouch . Suddenly it made sense why the guys essentially tried to "suicide" kill me, to get the keep deed back that I had no clue I had.

Now I start getting real nervous and I realize that I need to make it back to the bank unhindered as I'm sitting on what is essentially a fortune in deed form. The 3 guys by this point I see come charging at me to repeat the strategy (i'm still only at like 50% health) and I start BOOKING IT. These guys chased me for 10 minutes.. I had to leave town and they are STILL on me to kill me. I have no free moment as If I stopped they would have chucked their potions again.

I realize that if this keeps up they are going to catch me as they started doing things like splitting up and trying to cut me off. So as I'm passing a bush, I quickly chuck it in (the way LOS worked in UO was you couldn't see behind a tree fully until you walked up to it) and I made a hard right and kept running down. They kept following me and eventually killed me about 2 minutes later. I quickly logged out, logged back in another character and ran to the same tree and picked up the deed!

One of the most exhilarating experiences in my gaming career.

That sounds so cool~! Hahaha you even eventually got it in the end!

MMORPG games are so unique in the memories you can make~! Few games can give you that kind of experience, while making it last! I can't wait to try to make memories of my own like that!

I hope Ashes is amazing for you, and that you can have TONS of fun in it along with everyone else! <3

Thank you for sharing! It's awesome to hear stuff like that, stories of a thief and such. I hope Ashes can offer something like that down the line c: Well maybe it already does actually... with the loot dropping on death and stuff... so you could have your fun with that~! n.n
    Poko.png
  • Options
    LotekArcLotekArc Member
    edited October 2019
    EVE Online is like a second job, but a job that nobody forces me to and that makes me fun. Despite the fact that I do it of my own will, I have to be punctual, verbal, cooperate with other players, I have my responsibilities. I spend more time on Google Sheets calculations than in the game itself. I play at least 3 hours a day. With a large number of fleets, subordinates and with the amount of ISK - we have a great responsibility. I recommend EVE online to anyone who likes Sci-fi games. Eve Online is the finest game in space unverse which I know. What is the finest is Skill injectors and eve Isk for buy for everyone (every player can buy eve isk na injectors. Sam way looks with EVE isk. My best suppliers work on Odealo and sell their Isk there https://odealo.com/games/eve-online/marketplace
    tenor.gif?itemid=5121036
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    LotekArc wrote: »
    EVE Online is like a second job, but a job that nobody forces me to and that makes me fun. Despite the fact that I do it of my own will, I have to be punctual, verbal, cooperate with other players, I have my responsibilities. I spend more time on Google Sheets calculations than in the game itself. I play at least 3 hours a day. With a large number of fleets, subordinates and with the amount of ISK - we have a great responsibility. I recommend EVE online to anyone who likes Sci-fi games

Hey! Well I'm glad you enjoy that type of stuff!

Calculating attacks and having them go perfectly could be cool! I just don't think it's for me~!

I've seen eve online I think, I'm not really into Sci-fi too much, but I did get star citizen

I haven't really played it because there's basically nothing to do but delivery quests and meaningless stuff like that. Otherwise you can dogfight and that's about it (At least from what I saw)
    Poko.png
  • Options
    FhinFhin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Most memorable one for me is trading in oldschool Runescape. Before they introduced the auction house.
    Banks were hotspots with more than 100 people there at all times, selling and buying the most random things. It was like a glorious basar, where you could make a fortune only through trading^^
    I spent so many hours there, it was amazing :smiley:
    Qsb9psK.png
  • Options
    BellendBellend Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    archeage pre auroria: before everyone REALLY knew what they were doing(aka before gear equaled skill), took on a 5 man group and won by myself.

Black desert: 2v4 and won

CS 1.5: getting into cal-i

EvE online: being a part of Pandemic Legion

WoW: hitting glad for the first time(I screamed like a girl)

GW2: Being in a zergbuster guild(Legends never die)
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    edited April 2019
    archeage pre auroria: before everyone REALLY knew what they were doing(aka before gear equaled skill), took on a 5 man group and won by myself.

Black desert: 2v4 and won

CS 1.5: getting into cal-i

EvE online: being a part of Pandemic Legion

WoW: hitting glad for the first time(I screamed like a girl)

GW2: Being in a zergbuster guild(Legends never die)

Awesome to hear from you! I hope Ashes will compare! n.n You seem to really like outplaying people and I hope there will be potential for that with action combat! Like aiming a super well timed headshot ability on someone would do a lot more damage then someone just pressing down their 2 key while locked onto you! ^-^
    Poko.png
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    hackerson wrote: »
    Most memorable one for me is trading in oldschool Runescape. Before they introduced the auction house.
    Banks were hotspots with more than 100 people there at all times, selling and buying the most random things. It was like a glorious basar, where you could make a fortune only through trading^^
    I spent so many hours there, it was amazing :smiley:

Jeez...! 100 people?!?! I couldn't even imagine..! I hope ashes will be able to have that many people together without lagging~!!

that would be so much fun~! 40 man bosses too... I can't wait~!!!! <3
    Poko.png
  • Options
    WizardTimWizardTim Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2019
    Hey guys~! <3 I'm completely new to MMORPG games. I only play CS:GO and RUST and would love to give MMORPG's a try. I'd love to get to know some of the community, and something I'd love to know and have you guys share is what your most favorite / memorable experience is in the genre. Have you only played this genre as your main games? Maybe you're like me and have never played an mmo ever before? <3

I have a number of memorable tales.

However I think my first epic moment in MMOs is back in DAOC. I played an Armsman, a typical sword and board with plate armor. Was with a friend of mine who played a friar. We ended up caught in the Salisbury Plains by a Pseudo-dragon, the thing was conning a bit higher than us and it looked like we were dead. I told her to just run and leave me, while I tanked the thing, she refused and kept healing me and hitting the ostrich thing, even purposely pulling aggro from me despite taking way more damage per punch. We killed it with little more then a literal sliver of health left between us, if I tripped and fell I would've died.
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    wolfwood82 wrote: »
    Hey guys~! <3 I'm completely new to MMORPG games. I only play CS:GO and RUST and would love to give MMORPG's a try. I'd love to get to know some of the community, and something I'd love to know and have you guys share is what your most favorite / memorable experience is in the genre. Have you only played this genre as your main games? Maybe you're like me and have never played an mmo ever before? <3

I have a number of memorable tales.

However I think my first epic moment in MMOs is back in DAOC. I played an Armsman, a typical sword and board with plate armor. Was with a friend of mine who played a friar. We ended up caught in the Salisbury Plains by a Pseudo-dragon, the thing was conning a bit higher than us and it looked like we were dead. I told her to just run and leave me, while I tanked the thing, she refused and kept healing me and hitting the ostrich thing, even purposely pulling aggro from me despite taking way more damage per punch. We killed it with little more then a literal sliver of health left between us, if I tripped and fell I would've died.

Awesome~! That's an amazing story to be able to tell~ you like more simpler style classes and stuff~? or you just happened to be playing that~? either way that's so awesome that you just BARELY escaped haha~! I hope you got some cool stuff from it c:

I ALSO hope that Ashes will be able to bring the same kind of feelings back~! ^-^ <3
    Poko.png
  • Options
    tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Rolling with my first PvP crew for that Vanilla High Warlord title.

Virtue is the only good.
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    tugowar wrote: »
    Rolling with my first PvP crew for that Vanilla High Warlord title.

Ayyyy~! I hope you can do just the same in Ashes~! n.n wreck some peeps!
    Poko.png
  • Options
    ucksagamesucksagames Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I was doing a dungeon in ff14 when my team died to the boss at 2% health i gave it everything as my health was about to hit zero i see the cleared screen best day ever
    a8wkNU6.png
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    Ucksagames wrote: »
    I was doing a dungeon in ff14 when my team died to the boss at 2% health i gave it everything as my health was about to hit zero i see the cleared screen best day ever

Awwww that's awesome~!!! Such an amazing clutch~!!!! <3

I hope things like that will be possible in ashes~!!!! It'll be so much fun c:
    Poko.png
  • Options
    crownofthornscrownofthorns Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Asheron's Call & The Realm Online
    OhCHgZZ.png
    CROWN- MMORPG player & fan since 1995.
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    Asheron's Call & The Realm Online

Oooooo~! Sounds like fun~! I'm glad you enjoyed them c:
    Poko.png