Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Merchant Node Is It!

skafftarussskafftaruss Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Ladies and Gentlemen. Wait until the merchant node ideas are released. I think to say, Steven is itching to endorse us. Have you heard, the sinew of war is money? The military nodes are least in our concern. We all know what military nodes offer - don't we? The bully on the block - dumb, brutal, silly. Simply stated, we are the heart of a pumping growing metropolis! Much love, Skaff.

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Do you mean a specific node for merchants? Because we already have that, Science and economy are for artisans and merchants.
    Or do you mean the information for economic nodes? Because we really need to know more about them ;D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    At this point, I honestly do not know what node type I will become a citizen of, I have a very strong love of crafting but I will follow the majority of my guild. Will be a choice we make as a guild when all or most of the information is out there.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
    @Skafftaruss
    I will be a science node follower^^
    My goal is to craft a (if not even the first) legendary gemstone, that means that i will have to live there :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    An Economic node will rule the world. here's banking 101 in verra
    Need a tyrant outsted...borrow some money..pay us back or we'll fund your enemies
    Need an army fast...borrow some money..pay us back or we'll fund your enemies
    Need some friends...borrow some money ...pay us back or we'll fund your enemies
    Need a wifu...borrow some money...pay us back or we'll fund your enemies.
    @makinoji
    The biggst mistake that a guild could make is angering the crafting community.
    If you ruin your rep even once, through not paying or backstabbing a crafter.... Oh boy, we will unite and wont sell anything to them ever again (at least until they apologize).
    No more crafted epics or potions.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    @makinoji
    If you ruin your rep even once, through not paying or backstabbing a crafter.... Oh boy, we will unite and wont sell anything to them ever again (at least until they apologize).

That only works if the crafter community only deal in personal trades. If you use the auction house in an economic node or a vendor stall you won't be able to stop them from buying shit.
    k2U15J3.png
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What good is gold when you die?

Please give all your money to the church of the dead to earn a better place in the afterlife

charon_by_njoo.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • amuriaamuria Member, Intrepid Pack
    @makinoji

Further adding to arzosah, guilds usually have their own crafters too. They could just supply those and circumvent your embargo.

I always thought pvpers and pkers have the biggest circle jerks but seems like economic players match up fairly well in this.
  • If the other node types have bonuses as big as the scientific node the big question is which option will the devs eventually take - 1) the benefits are only in that node 2) the benefits are obtainable elsewhere but much more difficult to get

The benefits in religious and military nodes must be pretty big, I'm guessing.
    @arzosah @amuria
    We do not know how auction houses will work, we do not know the eventual tax on it, but what we do know is that the auction houses most likely wont be linked with each other except in higher economic nodes.
    I do not think that a guild could provide full potions etc on their own, except it is a crafting guild...
    IS wants to enable crafters again, i dont see why we should not be able to put exceptions on our vendor stalls.
    Btw, those vendor stalls can only be build in an marketplace, which is only a think for economic nodes. Everywhere else, you have to go to the auction house (wherd there will be a tax most likely) or go directly to the artisans.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • sylsyl Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2019
    Damn right you are :wink:

Though I do have some affinity for the scientific nodes

forum_sig2.png
    Come take a look at ashesofcreation.wiki!
  • amuriaamuria Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited April 2019
    I do not think that a guild could provide full potions etc on their own, except it is a crafting guild...
    IS wants to enable crafters again, i dont see why we should not be able to put exceptions on our vendor stalls.

@Damokles Usually every player in coordinated guilds (even in less serious guilds I saw this) takes up one role or if more are needed of x several players do it. From what I read the limitations in expertise is only in diversity of fields (I can't be the best miner and the best blacksmith at the same time) and not of playstyle (if you do pvp or pve you can't become the best miner). There for you have a lot of potential crafters in your guild which can be allocated accordingly.

If there is no energy system which limits your output of potions, then the guild can just funnel required resources to their crafters and keep it inside their guild.
    If there is an energy system, they could split it between people or must buy stuff from the market. But this also means that most likely no crafter will be able to only craft since he is also limited by this system.
    There could be a maximum output per day limit which applies the same as the energy system.

So, my overview ends with: Limited system=guild will probably need to buy products, no-limit: the worst-case guild will need to buy resources for the product but most likely will just funnel their acquired resources.

Even if there are super rare and expensive potions which are hard to make their use would also be low since it is so rare and expensive. The general goods of a simple healing potion would be easy to get or simply cheap enough to buy.

Also, from the last quote to add, every community has people which are less interested in the community but still notice drama. If the community would be angry with a guild that just nets a profit for people ignoring the embargo.
    The whole crafting system is something of a mystery at this point yes we know the basics but there is next to no details to fill in the huge gaps. With gathering for say alchemy reagents there could be such a variety of places and means to collect such reagents fishing, mobs, grown on a farm, only grow in specific environments, only available at certain times of the year, found in the under realm, minerals, gems or other foci and the more mundane simple collecting from the wild. Not to mention those nice tools you may need your, friendly blacksmith, to craft for you made from the best quality materials.

You will then need someone who is able to process all of these materials into a form that can be used by the alchemist to brew your potions. Then there is the interdependency's between different crafts minerals and raw gems may come from a miner, what of flasks and vials are they produced by yet someone else and the list will no doubt go on. You may not need to be a top tier crafter/gatherer/processor for some of these materials but to craft those potions you need for that raid it well may involve the input in one way or another of several people and ingredients that may not be all that easily obtained all of the time.

Where will be the best place to obtain many of the more exotic materials why at your economic metro of course where people bring their goods to sell on their auction house.

I am honestly so desperate to see the whole crafting system laid out and just how it will work but I fear we are a very long way away from that point.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Economic superpower may be its ZOI wide auction house that anyone can use citizen or not, those who are not citizens of the metro pay an extra 1 or 2% tax when they make the sale. This tax is collected by the state and each week is paid as a dividend to the citizens of the economic metro.

Sorry if this seems like a random thought thrown in here.
    3KAqRIf.png
    @varkun i like the idea!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • IbarumarkyIbarumarky Member
    edited April 2019
    Varkun wrote: »
    Economic superpower may be its ZOI wide auction house that anyone can use citizen or not, those who are not citizens of the metro pay an extra 1 or 2% tax when they make the sale. This tax is collected by the state and each week is paid as a dividend to the citizens of the economic metro.

It's okay but I would rather say half of the tax goes into the city deposit. The city need money to upkeep all and pay the patrols... streets and sewer have to be maintained.

Just to tell ya!

By the way... where it's stated that you can't be crafter and do PvX? The info only says you can be a mastercrafter of all, you have to decide what artisan you wanna practise and become a master of it.

Best regards
    Ibarumarky
    - The Dark Wanderer -
    Ibarumarky wrote: »
    Varkun wrote: »

It's okay but I would rather say half of the tax goes into the city deposit. The city need money to upkeep all and pay the patrols... streets and sewer have to be maintained.

Just to tell ya!

By the way... where it's stated that you can't be crafter and do PvX? The info only says you can be a mastercrafter of all, you have to decide what artisan you wanna practise and become a master of it.

Best regards
    Ibarumarky
    - The Dark Wanderer -

When I say tax that would be on top of what goes to the state to do all of those other things. Yes, very much pvx play the way you want, what I was trying to point out was the interdependency between crafters or the potential of as stated by Steven. Just to say you may need several people to make those pots you need for your guild one person is not going to do it all.
    3KAqRIf.png