Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Forum Suggestions

2»

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    can we have the leaderboard back?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »

You just want to stroke your e-peen.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    arzosah wrote: »

You just want to stroke your e-peen.

yes, yes I do ;)
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    There are some features that I really want but I'm afraid to ask. Since on the last forums we could make polls and now we cant. We had more topic sections instead of everything being jammed into general discussion and now we don't. So I'm afraid that if I ask for more I will get less in this regard anyone else feel this way?

P.S.
    #wheres my survivor badge

I wouldn't be afraid to ask n.n Toast is really good with listening here <3
    Poko.png
  • Options
    KriddonKriddon Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    lowe1608 wrote: »
    Displayname change

This is still on the way! I hope to let you guys know in advance before that feature turns back on, so you know when to get ready to "camp" your name :smiley:
    branegames wrote: »
    In the future, I'd love to be able to post your main character on here with its class, level and stats stated, as well as their gear on your profile

I love when you can show off your character profile and achievements not only in-game, but on community sites! I vote yes for this as well ;)
    I'd like to see the notification options expanded slightly. Right now you only get a notification when someone mentions you (e.g. @wanderingmist), but not when someone quotes one of your posts. It makes it rather hard to keep track of who is responding to you.

Unfortunately it doesn't appear that there are any additional notification settings I can give you folks, but for some reason I do seem to get notifications when people quote me (usually it just says someone "mentioned" me though). Do you not see the same happen when people quote you?
    Damokles wrote: »
    They will have the forums down again?!? I CANT LIVE WITHOUT THE FORUMS! IT WILL BE PURE TORTURE! What should i do in my free time? Work?!? :O

NO don't let anyone deceive you! Forums are not going down again, no need to do any actual work :tongue:

@LieutenantToast
    Really nice to see you posting toast. Makes me think that if I make a forum post of helpful suggestions for ashes some of them might actually be read by staff members and actually matter and get implemented. :) For instance the newcomer experience on the website to ashes could use some TLC. <3 There is no mention of major features like the 9 races and that there are raids in ashes among other things. I've also noticed that quite a lot of new people on the forums Discord and Reddit get confused about APOC and why they can't play it. Some of them assume they have to buy into it which will be such a bummer when they find out they still can't play. :'( I think we should add a disclaimer next to the download button like on the my.com ashes of creation site. 94fe6e3089fb2a9ea9083e7501b8bc51.png

P.S. Also if anything I said was incorrect please tell me I like to be informed.
  • Options

Yes please you would definitely be at the top. But I want to see if I could make top 100 maybe even top 10.
  • Options

Yes please you would definitely be at the top. But I want to see if I could make top 100 maybe even top 10.

Just give us everything the old forums had ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    I would like under Notifications when someone LIKED a post and which post heading it was under.
    I keep seeing I have a number of likes, but I don't know what it was that was liked.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    elf wrote: »
    I would like under Notifications when someone LIKED a post and which post heading it was under.
    I keep seeing I have a number of likes, but I don't know what it was that was liked.

If you click on the likes it'll show you who liked what post of yours <3
    Poko.png
  • Options

Thanks! I did not realize you could do that. :D
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    There are some features that I really want but I'm afraid to ask. Since on the last forums we could make polls and now we cant. We had more topic sections instead of everything being jammed into general discussion and now we don't. So I'm afraid that if I ask for more I will get less in this regard anyone else feel this way?

P.S.
    #wheres my survivor badge

Heya! The moderators on the previous forums let me know that the Polls functionality was often misused/abused, so it's been turned off for Members at the moment. However, Staff/Mods are still able to make Polls, so keep an eye out for if we post any official ones!

In addition, a lot of the categories/sections were consolidated down since testing is limited right now - as we open testing back up, we may look to expand those discussion sections in the future!

As for your Survivor badge - unfortunately we had to wipe all users on the forums in order to allow you to connect your account directly through the SSO, so those no longer exist :disappointed: sorry about that! We mentioned that in our forum launch FAQ before they went live.

This is another one the forum moderators and I chatted about - unfortunately, its old configuration contributed a bit to forum spam. People were just looking to gain points or badges by commenting or posting threads in quick succession and in lots of places, vs. actually contributing to the community. We may look at some other implementations in the future!
    For instance the newcomer experience on the website to ashes could use some TLC. <3 There is no mention of major features like the 9 races and that there are raids in ashes among other things.

Margaret and I agree on that, and have been working on plans for a website refresh for both clarity and more info! That's a little bit further out for our team (due to the web resources required), but I'm glad to hear that the examples you're sharing are things we're hoping to address! :smile:
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    I can understand the reasoning behind that, well thanks for the reply @LieutenantToast ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    I can understand the reasoning behind that, well thanks for the reply @LieutenantToast ^^

Yep its definitely really good to see @LieutenantToast in the forums and to get explanations for the issues. :) Knowing why those aren't features makes sense. Knowing specifically why there is an issue is something that I enjoy. :) and I hope we can give the new comer experience an update soon. It needs it :#

I'm glad to hear your glad your glad. I hope other issues like how this is kind of hard to read gets addressed as soon as the web team grows.
    32bda8aded6078fb0ce278d0fdc110c3.png

Oh and since the old survivor badges are gone. Could we get a new one? Perhaps one that says "verteran poster" and everyone who had an account before a certain date gets one. Like instead of a wounded phoenix its a old one perhaps. This certainly isnt a priority but I think it could be nice. :)
  • Options
    Oh I 100% agree with you @wildpancakes875 it's so nice to see the mods on the forums.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member

Thanks! I did not realize you could do that. :D

Of course! n.n
    Poko.png
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    Super awesome to see @LieutenantToast on here helping out this much! n.n it's great~!
    Poko.png
  • Options
    I would like on the left where they show the avatar of the original poster that there might be some small inset of your own avatar showing that you have posted on that particular topic.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    I just really hope that the avatar showing thing on the forums is a possibility ~! That adds so much, and just lets you show off of course >.> It also lets people know what you main or whatever too which is cool!
    Poko.png
  • Options
    @LieutenantToast I've been meaning to ask this for a bit but what was the reason for removing the activity page?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    I would like on the left where they show the avatar of the original poster that there might be some small inset of your own avatar showing that you have posted on that particular topic.

I mean on the main list of Forum Topics, just clearing this up.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    Yup!
    Poko.png
  • Options
    some more reactions would be nice.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    some more reactions would be nice.

I agree~!!! having emoji reactions would be nice c:
    Poko.png
  • Options
    MorashtakMorashtak Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If you could start with implementing the formatting basics that appear to be missing (found in this post; 'About That 'You can use BBCode in your post' statement") that would be just great.
    owuEH4S.png
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    morashtak wrote: »
    If you could start with implementing the formatting basics that appear to be missing (found in this post; 'About That 'You can use BBCode in your post' statement") that would be just great.

Sounds right to me~! Even though I barely use them, making a nice guide or something could be nice with all those features working.
    Poko.png