Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Release Date

DatFaceDatFace Member
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
I didn't search too much for this tbh, but i wanna know the exact release date if its possible (EU).

Kind Regards,
DatFace.
Signature-member.gif?ex=65f8921e&is=65e61d1e&hm=641bd6b35a822914246ec22db2ffb7655711526fc207838718e599f1fdd1c864&=

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    we do not yet have a release date

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Release_schedule
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Rem_Rem_ Member
    No solid dates are given anymore @DatFace . They aren't trying to let anyone down anymore, I would expect at least 1 - 2 years for a full game launch. That's just speculation though based on the delays and their before 2020 launch date before. Otherwise I would just keep an eye out, I wouldn't expect anything too soon. <3
    Poko.png
  • GumdropsGumdrops Member, Explorer, Kickstarter
    Release Date is Soon(tm)
    Reminder to stay on topic
  • I think we will get a release date after alpha 1. So a date for alpha 1 would be much better.

signature.png
    signature.png
  • RokoRoko Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    May Release before half life 3.
    2PXdm1m
  • I'm hoping somewhere in 2020, but yeah, they're not giving us dates anymore.
    As long as it's a reasonable wait, I'd rather they release later than earlier.
  • First they goal release for 2019, but then they started to focus on something else...
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
    I honestly think it will be released in 2021, no idea why but that's what my ribcage says to me
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think late 2020 is my bet
  • KriddonKriddon Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hello as everyone else mentioned we currently have no release date but I'm presuming your someone who may need my guide for newbies.
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/42013/for-all-new-players-who-may-know-next-to-nothing-about-the-game
  • tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Right after Star Citizen

Virtue is the only good.
    tugowar wrote: »
    Right after Star Citizen

Is that before or after half life 3
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Right after Star Citizen

Sooooo, 15 more years, after they created the full-dive technology? XD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • edited April 2019
    Ashes released last week but only fairies,unicorns,leprechauns and Nessy can play.
    BQvQMJ4.png
  • Actually, I never believed that super fast development process what IS first announced. When thinking all those designed features and mechanics, it just was not realistic. Also when compared to progression of other MMO projects, almost all are behind the original schedule. This can also be marketing trick to get people hyped early on and pledge the game.

I am personally used to see delays in gaming and to me it is more like a norm than something rare. Moreover, imo it is better to take some time and make as polished game as possible before launch. Release is important to get right and good place to loose a lot of playerbase.

So I personally expect Ashes to launch earliest Q3 2020, but going for somewhere 2021 is also easily possible. Depends also where is their main focus atm and it looks like it is in Apocalypse.
    Damokles wrote: »
    Right after Star Citizen

Sooooo, 15 more years, after they created the full-dive technology? XD

at that point just plug me into the matrix
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• grisugrisu Member
    @Ferryman You remind me of gigabear.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
    Grisu wrote: »

oh shots fired ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• I was one of the backers on kickstarter and the developers had a great 'can do' attitude. At first, it was all hype and with the A0 release I had high hopes. Now, going into 2019, the attitude changed. They seem to have problems recruiting developers and staff in general. I understand. Not everything can go to plan.

My only gripe is that they trusted my.com with the handling of the servers. It feels with the delays and possible post-launch issues, I will use my 'founder' privilages in 2021
    bloodymace wrote: »
    I was one of the backers on kickstarter and the developers had a great 'can do' attitude. At first, it was all hype and with the A0 release I had high hopes. Now, going into 2019, the attitude changed. They seem to have problems recruiting developers and staff in general. I understand. Not everything can go to plan.

My only gripe is that they trusted my.com with the handling of the servers. It feels with the delays and possible post-launch issues, I will use my 'founder' privilages in 2021

100% agree with you, the game has always had my attention but after my.com I was ready to drop the game
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ferryman wrote: »
    Actually, I never believed that super fast development process what IS first announced. When thinking all those designed features and mechanics, it just was not realistic. Also when compared to progression of other MMO projects, almost all are behind the original schedule. This can also be marketing trick to get people hyped early on and pledge the game.

I am personally used to see delays in gaming and to me it is more like a norm than something rare. Moreover, imo it is better to take some time and make as polished game as possible before launch. Release is important to get right and good place to loose a lot of playerbase.

So I personally expect Ashes to launch earliest Q3 2020, but going for somewhere 2021 is also easily possible. Depends also where is their main focus atm and it looks like it is in Apocalypse.

I believed it because they kept saying 1) we have industry veterans who know what they are doing and 2) we are ahead of schedule!

How many successful titles did those industry veterans launch again?

Virtue is the only good.
  • 1-2 years... I've bought into too many games that ended up being vaporware. I'm not going to make that mistake with this one. Once it gets closer to reality, then we'll see.
  • ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Based on what i have seen so far i cant see release until Q4 2020 at the earliest, i would think it would be more realistic early Q2 in 2021. I am pulling those figures out of my backside of course as what do i know, what do any of us know :wink:
  • Grisu wrote: »

Who? :o
  • tugowar wrote: »
    Actually, I never believed that super fast development process what IS first announced. When thinking all those designed features and mechanics, it just was not realistic. Also when compared to progression of other MMO projects, almost all are behind the original schedule. This can also be marketing trick to get people hyped early on and pledge the game.

I believed it because they kept saying 1) we have industry veterans who know what they are doing and 2) we are ahead of schedule!

How many successful titles did those industry veterans launch again?

I do not believe just words, I believe after I have seen some actual proofs. This same guideline has been useful generally in business.

I do not personally know well AoC developers backgrounds, but I remember some of them are from Everquest and maybe from Wildstar.. Anyway, I do not actually doubt their skills, I am not just sure if they are totally honest with community.. At least they are over optimistic for sure. :-)

basically a troll
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Nagash wrote: »

basically a troll

Okay... Then I would like @Grisu know why?
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

We don’t say that name around here.

Hhak63P.png
  • grisugrisu Member
    Calling Giga, basically a troll, doesn't capture his essence, but reading Ferryman texts just gives of the same vibes.
    I shouldn't have written it and I have no intention to talk about it. People can believe their perception of information in whatever way they want, the game will come the way IS wants.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
    Atama wrote: »

We don’t say that name around here.

btw he is already banned on the forums ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif