Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Will There Be Another Backer Period?

skafftarussskafftaruss Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Greetings: Is Intrepid thinking about opening-up another period for new players to back AOC? Why? It appears there are some that would like to purchase skins and the like, and feel left out. So there's kickstarter and summer backers - correct? The video below has some commentary about skins and lamenting the inability to purchase them because of missing the time period to participate as potential new AOC backers. Cheers! Skaff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JswLdcOJ0Xg

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You are able to "back" them. Go to the official website and press on the shop. Then buy what ever pack you want. That enable you to buy skins and other cosmetics. :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
    edited April 2019
    Or do you mean that you want to buy the old skins? Because you wont be able to do that most likely^^
    Those were special rewards for people, that backed AoC at the VERY start, and should stay unique in my opinion.
    (Even though the cursed charger is my dream mount and i wont ever be able to buy him Q.Q)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • burnthefernburnthefern Member, Settler, Alpha One
    Thanks @Damokles. Apparently, non-backers don't have that option, according to the Youtube video? So that is misinformation? I'm a backer, so I don't know what non-backers see on their GUI when going to the AOC site. Watch the short video and look at the comments posted under it. I take folks at face value. Hmmmm.

If I remember correctly, they should have an A La Carte option for cosmetics that are available at the same tier or lower of pack that they buy. Unless they're KS/SB, in which case you get to A La Carte all tiers. They might have to put in a ticket if it isn't working, if that is what is intended. That's what I had to do after the website migration.
    Well if you have the cheapest level of package, then you can buy monthly cosmetics like cloaks and smaller cosmetics, the next pricerange are the pets, then mounts, then buildings and transportation.
    If you have a pack, then you are able to freely buy the following months cosmetics in your package range. I bought up to the mount range, incase that i really want a specific mount (like this months otter mount).
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    plz upgrade me to PI i want to buy monthly cosmetics too
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
    For example, this is what i see in the shop (and i am definitely not a early backer):
    kNlv4B4.png
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Thanks @BurnTheFern. I'll wait a day before copy & pasting a comment under that video as I don't speak for the big Kahunas at Intrepid. Hate to spread more confusion. Cheers! Skaff.

legit memeing
    everybody had a chance to buy a pre order pack despite being a backer or not at Kickstarter, also its good that theyr limited else they would barely be sold and ppl wait till u can see them ingame. having some rare cosmetics that wont be for sale again is nice
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This is a clever way to boost a nobody channel.

Virtue is the only good.
    Is this the real life?
    Is this just fantasy?
    Caught in a landslide
    No escape from reality
    Open your eyes
    Look up to the skies
    and seeee :o
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Can you imagine the outrage if intrepid did start another backing project
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    Nagash wrote: »

I wouldnt be angry about another cursed charger(at least give me a reskin intrepid! Q.Q).... :'D
    a6XEiIf.gif
    Damokles wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »

I wouldnt be angry about another cursed charger(at least give me a reskin intrepid! Q.Q).... :'D

that's the price of exclusively ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    @nagash
    but i didnt even know about the game back then x'D
    a6XEiIf.gif
    @nagash
    but i didnt even know about the game back then x'D

hahaha bless you ^^

but if you think that anyone is going to get my necro skins again I will use them as a skin
    nJ0vUSm.gif

@nagash, which skins do you mean?
    a6XEiIf.gif
    these ones

bllWFrZ.png
    W0Q6JH2.png
    YGnZBg7.png
    JKR3WL0.png
    nJ0vUSm.gif

ahhhh the classics^^
    I only have the Phylacteri (Didnt have much money that month sadly, i really like that skelleton dragon ;D)
    a6XEiIf.gif
    ahhhh the classics^^
    I only have the Phylacteri (Didnt have much money that month sadly, i really like that skelleton dragon ;D)

It's such a cute pet ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• whitedude31whitedude31 Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Giant gliding squirrel :D
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Thanks @Damokles. Apparently, non-backers don't have that option, according to the Youtube video? So that is misinformation? I'm a backer, so I don't know what non-backers see on their GUI when going to the AOC site. Watch the short video and look at the comments posted under it. I take folks at face value. Hmmmm.

Nobody has the option to go back and buy older cosmetics.

Kickstarter backers and Summer Backers have the option to buy some exclusive items.

Everyone else can buy either

1) the current pack

or

2) individuals cosmetics from the pack they own or lower.

Once they are gone, they are gone.

hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One

abfc3236694622ec7f97c4f5c5f37747.png
    2bb5e517db34cff9c7e490efd21388b4.png
    69173530ed7d04200f52b6247dac71d7.png

south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg

the truth has been spoken!
    nJ0vUSm.gif

edited April 2019

Goodbye my dear cursed charger...
    EKpAjqI.gif

(Fitting that this was my 500th comment xD)
    a6XEiIf.gif

Goodbye my dear cursed charger...
    EKpAjqI.gif

(Fitting that this was my 500th comment xD)

haha congrats ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    tugowar wrote: »
    This is a clever way to boost a nobody channel.

Subtle
    Aq0KG2f.png