Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Live stream thoughts and suggestions? (April 30th) <3

Rem_Rem_ Member
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
How'd you guys enjoy the live stream~? <3 I'm personally happy that there's more in engine footage, rather than the more cinematic showings (Although they are pretty, I just like to see in engine stuff~!!)

I'd love to hear what you think they could improve on in the livestreams, and what you most enjoyed about this month's one! <3
Poko.png

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    it was great. I needed a new soundtrack to help me sleep
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Rem_Rem_ Member
    Nagash wrote: »

I'm glad you thought it's great! n.n Although you mean the livestream? you're gunna sleep to it? o.o
    Poko.png
  • ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I missed the start of the stream as i was late home from work, but caught the stuff about the freeholds and liked what i heard. I will need to watch the catch up and see what i missed at the start.

I'm glad you thought it's great! n.n Although you mean the livestream? you're gunna sleep to it? o.o

I was joking about the live stream being lacklustre
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I really wanted to see at least a little bit of the election :'(
    (And they didnt say if we can create legendary gems in jewelcrafting or not and that determines how i will play the game Q.Q)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Rem_Rem_ Member

I was joking about the live stream being lacklustre

Thought so lmao I though the same though to be honest
    Poko.png
  • Rem_Rem_ Member
    neomir wrote: »
    I missed the start of the stream as i was late home from work, but caught the stuff about the freeholds and liked what i heard. I will need to watch the catch up and see what i missed at the start.

Sounds like a plan, I think you missed the dev diary video in the beginning c:
    Poko.png
  • Rem_Rem_ Member
    Damokles wrote: »
    I really wanted to see at least a little bit of the election :'(
    (And they didnt say if we can create legendary gems in jewelcrafting or not and that determines how i will play the game Q.Q)

I just wanna get my hands on apoc againnnn! I haven't played MMORPGs before so I don't know your pain ;w; but I hope you can do what you want lol <3
    Poko.png
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2019
    @Pokosaurous
    I am aiming to be a half time crafter/half time raider with the goal of creating a jewel the size of my head as a legendary item. I have lofty goals.

(That has not that much to do with mmorpgs or not, but rather with my real life fascination with gems and jewelcrafting :D)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Rem_Rem_ Member
    @Damokles Oh my god! Sounds like one expensive hobby! n.n lol but it does sound fun and I'm pretty sure you'll be able to do it. I thought crafters could make the lesser legendary items? and then the like 1 per server items couldn't be crafted. Either way I still think you'll be able to do some heccin awesome stuff!
    Poko.png
    the only good news I got from that stream was that our cosmetic items will soon be made in 3D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Rem_Rem_ Member
    @Nagash Yea I didn't get much good news, the only thing that would be really exciting for me is APOC testing again but I'm assuming that's still a ways off still.
    Poko.png
    @Nagash Yea I didn't get much good news, the only thing that would be really exciting for me is APOC testing again but I'm assuming that's still a ways off still.

At least that means we are closer to alpha 1 of the MMO so silver linings I suppose
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Rem_Rem_ Member
    @Nagash Yeaaaa I guess ^-^ I don't have access but hopefully apoc will be up before that lol
    Poko.png
    @Nagash Yeaaaa I guess ^-^ I don't have access but hopefully apoc will be up before that lol

I would guess so. also as far as I know alpha one is not under NDA so you should be able to watch streams
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Rem_Rem_ Member

I would guess so. also as far as I know alpha one is not under NDA so you should be able to watch streams

Oh heck that's awesome! n.n I might even stream the game when it comes out, since I haven't played an mmo and I get addicted to games I think I'll be putting a ton of time into it. Like i've put 4k hours into rust and you just have to start over basically every day on that game so I can't imagine me playing an mmo lol
    Poko.png
  • kropek84kropek84 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nice stream, good to see them more relaxed again.
  • LyiatLyiat Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    archeage-2014-09-15-22-50-58-216.png

I'm just glad we're being assured the map isn't going to end up looking like this.
  • Rem_Rem_ Member
    Lyiat wrote: »

I'm just glad we're being assured the map isn't going to end up looking like this.

Wuts dat o.o
    Poko.png
  • Rem_Rem_ Member
    kropek84 wrote: »
    Nice stream, good to see them more relaxed again.

Definitely! n.n
    Poko.png
  • LyiatLyiat Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Wuts dat o.o

A designated housing zone in ArchAge
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

That's one hell of an eyesore.
    k2U15J3.png
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I liked the Dev Diary, but wished it had been posted like the day before the Live Stream, instead of taking up Live Stream time and so people could think about what questions they might want to ask, and have somewhere to post questions ahead of time. Reverting to taking live questions was MEH.
    I was hoping for more info on what all was involved in the process, like showing a house being built, showing how materials were applied, how placement works inside, and the differences of interiors on freeholds, houses, apartments. Perhaps closer to Alpha 2?
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Rem_Rem_ Member
    elf wrote: »
    I liked the Dev Diary, but wished it had been posted like the day before the Live Stream, instead of taking up Live Stream time and so people could think about what questions they might want to ask, and have somewhere to post questions ahead of time. Reverting to taking live questions was MEH.
    I was hoping for more info on what all was involved in the process, like showing a house being built, showing how materials were applied, how placement works inside, and the differences of interiors on freeholds, houses, apartments. Perhaps closer to Alpha 2?

Yea I agree nothing was really in detail, I guess that's what happens when you only have 45 minutes to stream! I don't exactly know why the streams are so short, especially since they're only once a month but they give us some stuff to talk about at least. I'm glad to be seeing in engine stuff, that's always good. Although I'm always looking forward to APOC being back up so we can see how the backend is going, and just get our hands on ashes! <3
    Poko.png
  • Rem_Rem_ Member

Wuts dat o.o

A designated housing zone in ArchAge

Yikes >.> everything looks exactly the same, low detail and is all smushed togetherrr!!!!!!
    Poko.png
    did it bother anyone else that they never asked for questions from discord or the forums I mean I get it you want to have twitch interact but it felt odd
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Rem_Rem_ Member
    @Nagash I feel like questions from the Forums would be a lot better since they wouldn't be off the top of your head or whatever. It does seem a bit weird.
    Poko.png
    @Nagash I feel like questions from the Forums would be a lot better since they wouldn't be off the top of your head or whatever. It does seem a bit weird.

I think its the 2nd time the have done it, the first was when only the CCs got to ask questions.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Rem_Rem_ Member

I think its the 2nd time the have done it, the first was when only the CCs got to ask questions.

I just feel like the livestreams are super rushed for some reason. I don't know why they only use 45 minutes, if they started a thread on the forums for questions they could gather answers before the stream is live. It would give the 3 time to think on the questions, and it would give the people asking them more time to be able to curate good thoughtful questions !
    Poko.png
  • cotukcotuk Member
    im just happy thet they have positive vibe in the office
    2a0jptg.png