Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

More Information about Hippogryphs

DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Here is the Link: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2019-05-09-lore-of-the-hippogryph

They revealed three different subtypes of hippogryphs and said that animal trainers will be able to focus on specific attributes in their breeding-lines :D

Group_02__1_.png
a6XEiIf.gif

Comments

• HexcatHexcat Member
    So beautiful <3
    giphy.gif
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Lumbermark wrote: »
    So beautiful <3

They somehow look as if they where still chicks xD (So small and dainty)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • NeliryaNelirya Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Damokles wrote: »
    So beautiful <3

I think it might be the size of the head, just make them look very... young xD

Nice to get a small taste of Animal Husbandry though, can't wait for the article about the actual profession!
    giphy.gif
  • HexcatHexcat Member
    So beautiful <3

Of course not :D
    They look adorable!!!! <3
    I want to pet them and see hoy they shred my enemies to slices of flesh!!!
    I bet they're omnivore so they can eat what is left when they finish!!!! >:)
    giphy.gif
  • Lumbermark wrote: »
    I bet they're omnivore so they can eat what is left when they finish!!!! >:)

With a beak like that I bet you're right >:) I'll take one Nighthawk, please!
    community_management.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    chibi Hippogryphs
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They are adorable. I hope they aren't just for Mayors, Kings and Queens as flying mounts and that regular players can use them as gliders.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

elf wrote: »
    They are adorable. I hope they aren't just for Mayors, Kings and Queens as flying mounts and that regular players can use them as gliders.

Well if they were only for Kings and Queens then EVERYONE who did the Alpha0 would have skins for nothing. :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    elf wrote: »

Well if they were only for Kings and Queens then EVERYONE who did the Alpha0 would have skins for nothing. :D

Good point. <3
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• noemadnoemad Member
    OK, now I'm torn between hippogryphs and gryphons.
    noemad wrote: »

Its easy to decide: Do you like hooves and big heads? Then the Hippogryph is for you. Do you like talons and lions? Then the Gryphon is for you. :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Rem_Rem_ Member
    Awwww so cute~!!! <3 I need them now!
    Poko.png
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Griffons all the way
    k2U15J3.png
  • RavudhaRavudha Member
    How would they work as mounts if there's no flying? Gliding as people have said or are they land-locked?
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There is restricted flying, only mayors and monarchs and the very rare and limited time drops from bosses. Other than that it's just gliding or land travel.
    k2U15J3.png
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Buckbeak!

Hhak63P.png
  • AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I figure these would function as gliding mounts, or similar to a dragon's egg. Where you can use it for a limited amount of time and it would be a rare drop.

Or maybe they will function like they do in some D&D games and they are simply used for low level flying monsters to antagonize the group... (not likely if capable of animal husbandry though).
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Its easy to decide: Do you like hooves and big heads? Then the Hippogryph is for you. Do you like talons and lions? Then the Gryphon is for you. :D

It's really easy to decide I will just have both of them.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • ElderElder Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm glad we've been getting more snippets of information lately.
    Which is the greater folly, summoning the demon or expecting gratitude from it?
    gif.gif
    9a983a42f1d61933817b0add43b27903.jpg
    Fear the mighty deathclaw
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »

That’s not a hippogryph. That’s a... What the hell would you call it, a Tigryph?

Hhak63P.png
    atama wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »

That’s not a hippogryph. That’s a... What the hell would you call it, a Tigryph?

Shhhh let the awesomeness seep through you.
    nJ0vUSm.gif