Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Question About Animal Husbandry, Pets and Mounts

kifyikifyi Member, Explorer
After watching the hippogryph video I was wondering if mounts will vanish while you're not riding them or if they are a more tangible creature? If they are more tangible, will more combative mounts be able to follow you and even fight alongside you or will they just blindly follow you and ignore enemies attacking you, or even themselves?

I have always found it a bit ridiculous for mounts to vanish, but I've also found it ridiculous if mounts like a tiger, or some other predator, follow you around but then won't defend even themselves. So I am curious how Ashes of Creation plans to handle it, and if there's been any talk that I've missed regarding this particular feature.

Personally I am a big pet person, I love having a companion for my adventures but often times I won't go for, say, a tiger 'mount' if it just stands there and gets beat up, and I have always disliked mounts that just vanish into nothing when you aren't riding them.

Comments

• grisugrisu Member
    They make poof and go up in smoke for various reasons.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • kifyikifyi Member, Explorer
    They do in Ashes? That's disappointing, if so.
  • Rem_Rem_ Member
    I don't think we've really heard much on the stuff cx We're assuming they're gunna go poof like @grisu said but... I would like to think combat on mounts wouldn't be a thing, just from how complicated that would be. It is possible that your mount doesn't just poof though, I saw in the game BDO that you have to put your mount in a stable, otherwise It's just out in the open. Something like that could be done to prevent the instant poofing of mounts under you !~
    Poko.png
  • grisugrisu Member
    Nope they said that for now they will just disappear. Persistency of mounts brings a lot of additional challenges and problems that they do not want to add to their schedule.
  • ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    kifyi wrote: »

It was confirmed last year that mounts would be summoned from items in your backpack.
  • Rem_Rem_ Member
    neomir wrote: »
    kifyi wrote: »

It was confirmed last year that mounts would be summoned from items in your backpack.
    grisu wrote: »
    Nope they said that for now they will just disappear. Persistency of mounts brings a lot of additional challenges and problems that they do not want to add to their schedule.

lame >.>
    Poko.png
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Whilst unfortunate, mounts will likely work as they do in wow. I love the approach bdo took on the matter, but fps is terrible in large cities when everyone has their mounts out ;_;
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I’d be upset about magical mounts if my Tank wasn’t summoning a huge wall out of nowhere by wiggling my fingers. I’m not carrying two tons of glowing stone in my backpack either.

Magic, man... :sunglasses:

Hhak63P.png
  • grisugrisu Member
    Can we get A Pokeball equivalent to Verra?

I CHOOSE YOU MOONSTRIDER.
  • sivannasivanna Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    I just wish instead of a poof, maybe I can send my mount off and and whistle for it to return. I hate it when mounts appear under me in a puff of smoke.