Bring back the Lol reaction to the forums comments back

Why was it removed, I wan't it back we need it for the memes.
malgus_2.png

Comments

• shkevishkevi Member, Leader of Men
    Yeah either a LoL or dislike button is needed
  • malgusmalgus Member
    shkevi wrote: »
    Yeah either a LoL or dislike button is needed

100% this ^^
    malgus_2.png
  • jahlonjahlon Member
    I motion that it be LOL or WTF
  • malgusmalgus Member
    jahlon wrote: »
    I motion that it be LOL or WTF

Aye
    malgus_2.png
  • branegamesbranegames Member, Braver of Worlds
    Yesss
    test.png
  • leonerdoleonerdo Member, Settler
    No thanks to the dislike/wtf button. If you want to criticize or disagree with someone, you should have to do it with your own words/explain yourself. Dislikes are only good for shunting people or discussions. I'd prefer if we progressed discussion and helped people.

Also I'm a sensitive snowflake and I don't wanna see dislikes on my posts.

A LOL button is just unnecessary. If a comment was supposed to be funny, you can just like it and people will understand. If it wasn't supposed to be funny, then laughing at it is going to be taken as negative/dislike.
  • jahlonjahlon Member
    leonerdo wrote: »
    No thanks to the dislike/wtf button. If you want to criticize or disagree with someone, you should have to do it with your own words/explain yourself. Dislikes are only good for shunting people or discussions. I'd prefer if we progressed discussion and helped people.

Also I'm a sensitive snowflake and I don't wanna see dislikes on my posts.

A LOL button is just unnecessary. If a comment was supposed to be funny, you can just like it and people will understand. If it wasn't supposed to be funny, then laughing at it is going to be taken as negative/dislike.

LOL
  • leonerdoleonerdo Member, Settler
    edited June 5
    @jahlon This is actually a good illustration of my point. I don't know if you're laughing at the little self-deprecation I slipped in there, or if you're laughing at my whole argument. My initial assumption was the latter. But on further inspection I think it's just ironic teasing. At least, that's what I'll assume for the sake of my mental health. (What I could really use right now is the upside-down smiley.)

To conclude, LOL.
  • shkevishkevi Member, Leader of Men
    @leonerdo Ima like your comment for the lack of a LoL button now m8's >:) :D
  • damoklesdamokles Member
    I vote for a LoL and Dislike button
    4vIAwsd.gif
  • LieutenantToastLieutenantToast Administrator, Moderator, Staff
    edited June 6
    Hiya! Those reactions were cleaned up as previously folks were using them to collect "points" for their profiles, and that functionality has been turned off with the forum relaunch.

This is because folks were using comments and reactions to try to "game" the system and earn as many points as they could, so they would post off-topic/spam/"like for like"-style threads, just to achievement hunt ;)

We may look to bring back other reactions in the future though! In the meantime you'll just have to use your words :tongue:
  • malgusmalgus Member

damokles wrote: »
    I vote for a LoL and Dislike button

yup lets hope if more people ask for it they shall bring it back
    malgus_2.png