Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

so... is this going to come out or what?

been waiting and waiting for a non battle royale video... or date of release or something, been away for about 8 months without checking up on this game... where are they at?

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Your guess is as good as mine! :)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm always amused by these absent yet impatient people.

If it was important to you, you'd check in more often than once every 8 months...
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    or what.
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There is a Live Stream Friday 11am Pacific
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    they changed the name from ashes of creation to the ashes of waiting and we have just started the beta now
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • knxguyknxguy Member
    karthos wrote: »
    I'm always amused by these absent yet impatient people.

If it was important to you, you'd check in more often than once every 8 months...

it is more of a... i see this game is getting no where, and easily forgettable, what im goign to stick around waiting for... nothing but livestreams of the developers playing the game? how boring is that... seems i havent missed much in the 8 months ive been gone... there is not even a single video on the website about hell character creation ffs...

so no, game has become a... joke tbh.. espeacially after that BR stuff lmao...
  • knxguyknxguy Member
    elf wrote: »

ooo wow.. okay cool, watching the dev play the game.... still no release date...
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    knxguy wrote: »

ooo wow.. okay cool, watching the dev play the game.... still no release date...

Probably won't be any MMO gameplay either.
    k2U15J3.png
  • 8 to 10 more months to go... hopefully...
  • knxguyknxguy Member
    shoklen wrote: »
    8 to 10 more months to go... hopefully...

then i shall forget about it again. shame, thought at least char creation video or something would have been up by now ffs.. but nothing... is this another star citizen?
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Game development takes time, patients is a virtue.
    k2U15J3.png
    edited June 2019
    @knxguy

A lot of salt for someone who "doesn't care".

I guess it's too much to expect that everyone grow up out of the "i want, I want, give me now" phase.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

Dude calm down...
    Games, if you believe me or not, do take time to develop. You, we all are, lucky to even have the livestreams.
    There are a ton of companies that dont give a shit about their community.
    GTA V began development in 2008 and took 5 years, for a core team of 360 developers and 1000 support developers.... Give them some slack...
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @knxguy the average development time for an mmorpg of this scale is 5-6 years. Intrepid studios was only created in December 2015 so we're not even 4 years into the development cycle yet, plus when they first started making the game they had only 8 people at the studio....

What exactly do you expect?
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If your this impatient during development then MMO's are most likely not for you any how. They take time to play just as they take time to develop.
    Calm Beavis!! It'll be ok.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack

Yeah, we should ll go and play the other good MMO and forget about this game.

Oh wait... there isn't one.
  • wauw, the level of stupidity. As said, games take a long time to make. I actualy learned about cyberpunk 2077 quite a bit of years ago, but forgot about it because that was in a very early stage, back with the first, still movie, where you see the woman on her knees with the places sticking out of her arms. Or something like that. People what a game right now, but also complain if it is buggy, lacking content, unbalanced. If you had actualy ever created something in your life, you would know, quality production takes time. Plus, didn't they have to start completely over with something. You are partly to blaime why the gaming industry is shitty, with that attitute
  • ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The problem with the gaming industry is too many developers have listened to people like this who demand a game is released in unrealistic times for proper development. The same people then complain about how bad the game is because of lack of development. I for one am very happy to wait for Intrepid to develop and create a game that we all want. They can take all the time they need to get it right.
    edited June 2019
    neomir wrote: »
    The problem with the gaming industry is too many developers have listened to people like this who demand a game is released in unrealistic times for proper development. The same people then complain about how bad the game is because of lack of development. I for one am very happy to wait for Intrepid to develop and create a game that we all want. They can take all the time they need to get it right.

I don't agree with your reasoning, but I agree with your overall point.

People like this are the reason the industry is settling for sub par products.

Why? Because players are too impatient for stuff, they will pay money to be Alpha testers on a game that won't ever come out fully, just so they can play it. The industry sees this, sees it makes money, realize players are paying for 60% of a game, and saying "why bother making a full game, when these impatient idiots will pay us for one half finished?"

Players also, out of desperation because they've developed a dependent relationship on gaming to "keep them entertained", will buy and play games that are terrible/cash grab JUST FOR SOMETHING to play.

Looking at you people who played Bless.

If you've ever justified logging into a dumpster fire of a game and giving them your money because "it's something to play", YOU'RE the reason the gaming industry sucks.

Aq0KG2f.png
  • OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I've seen a lot of commitment pushing for progress, they've however found a major flaw in their system and its pushed the release back. I hope you understand, that this is a really good thing to find early and a terribly bad thing to find late.

We found a serious malignant tumor and cut it off, but now its gonna be a while before we can rock an afro. The afro is coming. Just wait for it my man!
  • Plus the stress it puts on the people who actualy a making the game. I just saw one of Yongyea's recent videos. Some of those developers, especialy testers and contractors, was treatet like crap. I'm not saying all company's do this.