Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Nodes 3

Where is it?

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What will he do...
    Where will he go?
    Nobody knows.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • To quote Jahlon "it's almost memeable".
    We all want more info right? Steven said a release before 2020. I understand it may not be likely, but to have all the information staggered out slowly is a shame. There is a Know Your Nodes: Divine Node Type ready to be put up but we are still waiting on approval.
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They want nodes part 3 and 4 to be more substantial and representative of the final game so thats why they wait with it. Which is imo a good thing
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • How do you know that? I was under the impression Siege and Horde modes were being worked on now and soon to be tested, then Alphas and Betas.
    With release months away, wouldn't what they have now about nodes be as representative of the final game as it's going to get?

Node 1 and 2 came over 2 years ago. Nodes 1 was half animated but just gave us a lot of information. They are fantastic, and I doubt I'm the only one here who has watched them both more than once.
    Maybe I am just impatient? Or too excited for this game. At this point I don't care, I just want to know more.
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Behague wrote: »
    How do you know that? I was under the impression Siege and Horde modes were being worked on now and soon to be tested, then Alphas and Betas.
    With release months away, wouldn't what they have now about nodes be as representative of the final game as it's going to get?

Node 1 and 2 came over 2 years ago. Nodes 1 was half animated but just gave us a lot of information. They are fantastic, and I doubt I'm the only one here who has watched them both more than once.
    Maybe I am just impatient? Or too excited for this game. At this point I don't care, I just want to know more.

Release is not months away. They scrapped the "before 2020" release date
  • zinniezinnie Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    SoonTM
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    at this point, I think nodes 3 is pointless
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • NarysNarys Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I believe they mentioned that it would be coming out roughly around the time of Alpha 1 during a past Q&A.
    wtmb2cxjbyas.gif
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Indeed.
    Found this from ashespost transcript livestream 4-15-19 @Behague

Q: Have you done a few variants of nodes 3, has there been some gameplay changes or design changes?
    A: The nodes 3 is a marketing heavy series that provides a lot of information for AoC. We need to make sure that its representative of the key marketing of the project as it’ll be viewed by so many eyes. We could put it out yesterday but it wont be representative of what I want it to have. I view the 4 part series to be an indicator of the phases the game is in. I see nodes 3 during Alpha 1 and Nodes 4 closer to Beta.
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
    Nagash wrote: »

Lets be serious, its the typical curse of 3:
    Half Life 3
    Left 4 Dead 3
    Star Wars Battlefront 3 (I wont count EA Star Wars Battlefront)
    StarCraft 3
    PAYDAY 3
    Nodes 3.

They are all things that the community wants but will never get.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
    Threes never happen.
    Threes never happen.

Except Warcraft 3, Dark Souls 3, Final Fantasy (they will mostlikely hit the 33), Civ and now Borderlands 3 ;)
    a6XEiIf.gif
    Damokles wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »

Lets be serious, its the typical curse of 3:
    Half Life 3
    Left 4 Dead 3
    Star Wars Battlefront 3 (I wont count EA Star Wars Battlefront)
    StarCraft 3
    PAYDAY 3
    Nodes 3.

They are all things that the community wants but will never get.

*looks at dawn of war 3*

some times its for the best
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    I heard someone was looking for Nodes 3.

Until Intrepid Releases the real version, you are stuck with my Unofficial One

https://youtu.be/b_l_p13ANJA
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Most brilliant thing I've ever seen
    I wonder if we will get the religion blog and nodes three before the end of the year?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Even if you did, what would you do with the information? It would just lead to months of hand-wringing and speculation on the "direction" of the game. Various armchair "experts" would weigh in with lofty pronouncements of "Nope, sir, I don't like it!" all the while gaining Intrepid no real value. They will wait till they feel it is ready, rest of us be damned.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg