Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Aus/OCE Server for Alpha 2?

I'll keep it short and sweet.
Is there going to be an OCE server for Alpha test 2? To be honest I'm finding it pretty rough in Apoc trying to test anything with 250 ping as my minimum, I can hit something/someone and after a count of 2 (literally) hear/see the "thunk". I'm constantly second guessing whether I think certain things are OP or whether I think I just died to someone with better ping.

Comments

• VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Around 12 months ago Steven did say that we would not get local OCE servers until the beta test phase of the MMO.
    This may have changed as there are OCE servers for apoc but they will apparently not open up until there is a certain threshold of players logging in from this area, below is the quote from discord.

Steven 😇Yesterday at 10:48 PM
    Sea servers kick up automatically when users from regions we designate reach a critical mass for servers to start kicking off
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Thanks for the info!
  • Fellow Aussie here playing on 300 ping, adore the game and cant wait till we get a server! i'll handle it until then.
  • Stokesy wrote: »
    Fellow Aussie here playing on 300 ping, adore the game and cant wait till we get a server! i'll handle it until then.

True enough, to be honest my patience with having 250-300 ping has grown a little thin since ESO and BDO. Not the fault of AoC in any way, but I was curious since I remember reading we'd get one quite some time ago and was hoping it'd come with the persistent test server.
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Sometime back 12 months or so Steven did confirm that there would be Oceania based servers that would be situated in Sydney Australia.

wiki for confirmed locations so far https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Servers#Regions

This may be subject to change.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.