Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Main Menu Cursor Position Issue

Hi,

I just downloaded the game, but unfortunately I'm having a major issue. I can't click on anything on the right side of the screen (such as settings or the play button) because it seems like my cursor needs to be on the right side of a button in order to click it. I tried restarting the game multiple times, but the problem is persisting.

Basically, I can see my mouse cursor, but the game seems to be misplacing its actual location on the screen. To give you a perspective, if I move my mouse cursor on top of the "settings" menu, it instead registers on top of the add embers button. It's impossible for me to click on settings or the play button since they're on the far right side of the main menu screen.

Please advise,
Thank you.

Comments

• Also, this only seems to happen as I move my mouse to the right side of the screen. As I move it towards the middle or the left side of the screen, the game gradually registers my cursor location correctly. So it seems to be a problem with scaling or screen resolution. That's why I need to access the settings menu.
  • Ok, fixed.

For anyone having the same issue, click alt-enter to go into windowed mode and you should be able to access the settings and change your resolution.

Best :)
  • Hi there! As you discovered yourself, pressing Alt+Enter can help resolve this issue so that you're able to access your Settings and adjust your resolution accordingly! :)

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please feel free to reach out to our team directly with a tech support ticket if you need any additional assistance with this: https://support.ashesofcreation.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000558614
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.