Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

That Brew Bear is amazing

Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited November 2019 in General Discussion
That bear is just soooooooo superfuzzycute! And so sociable. Well, I would be too with a bucket of honey bear beer in me.
Just imagine going for a nice walk in the woods. Walking along peacefully, admiring the view. Then this huge bear stands up and roars at you! So much for scenery, lets see who is quicker!
I remember way back in EQ when I had just started. I was walking in the woods at night with a torch (only lit up about 10 feet). I just about fell out of my seat when I went around a tree and a huge bear was there. And that was graphics from almost 20 years ago!

Comments

• VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This almost has to be part of the game world or perhaps not could just be a test area they have set up. Either way love the bear and the environment it passes through.
    Yet there are other mounts we know have been rendered yet we do not get to see them presented in a blog, just how much stuff are they keeping from us.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    All the stuff we haven't seen. Gotta save some stuff for later.
    fNX2ISa.png

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited November 2019
    I just love the brewbear! I had to quickly check, if i had actually bought him or not. XD
    The most impressive scene was where the character actually sat upon him and slowly traversed the forrest. It made it clear how huge he actually is!
    The one thing that caused me to never ride a bear, tiger or gryphon mount in wow was the riding animation. The character was thrown back and forth as if he was on a sesaw...
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Loved that video for the same reasons we have here. Just hope they fix that knee through keg issue. Maybe have the kegs come out sideways and more towards the back?
    Forgive and you will free yourself. Peace be with you all.
  • leameseleamese Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I loved the whole scenery in the bar! All that attention to detail! Love that!
    Maybe the headbanging of the dancing dude was a Bit too fast? :p
    I remember way back in EQ when I had just started. I was walking in the woods at night with a torch (only lit up about 10 feet). I just about fell out of my seat when I went around a tree and a huge bear was there. And that was graphics from almost 20 years ago!
    Sounds really amazing! Hope they do that in Ashes as well. Maybe the forest has trees so large that's its constantly shrouded in darkness with some rays of light here or there. Needing to use a torch and completing some quests there. The kreeking sounds of animals moving around getting closer and further. Maybe a treasure map quest with puzzle like sub quests to continue to ultimately find..
    edited November 2019
    Darksaber wrote: »
    Is it an npc monster or a ranger's animal companion? I see a harness on it so is it a mount? Or a combination of the above?

It is all of the above. The mount that you see in the video (when he rides it) is a special skin. But there will also be regular bears as npcs, which animal husbandry players will be able to tame and turn into mounts.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    How about having a quest where you are asked to fish at a certain place. And it 'just happens' to be a place where bears are feeding.
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
    Varkun wrote: »

Awwwwww, it looks so derpy! The only thing that they have to do now id to work on its jumping and landing animation in my opinion.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Bear vs Lizard! Aaaaaand, go!
    Bear vs Lizard! Aaaaaand, go!

Cuteness vs Derpyness
    a6XEiIf.gif