Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Berserk collaboration must have!!

PinkberryPinkberry Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Soo black desert online had a collab with berserk and omg you could get the berserker armor along with Guts sword. I hope the team will at least entertain the thought for an in game event one day, but do it better and not be a grindy mess!!!! Cheers team ashes.

https://youtu.be/20KoeDO9alE

Comments

• BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
    This would kill the immersion. that steven really wants. So I doubt anything like this will ever happen?!
  • I don't think it's a good idea, I love berserker, goblin slayer, slime datta ken and kimetsu no yaiba, but for this game to have collaboration with other franchise is kind of anticlimactic, they're trying their best to stay away from the East MMORPG style, maybe just some references like in wow? Some random NPC with a huge sword that kills demons wondering around a node...
    giphy.gif
  • MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    While it would appease a minority of the community, not all would get the reference. Also what BCG said.
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited November 2019
    I love Berserk, but I dont think that Guts's sword would be something that we actually want in Ashes.
    The idea of the Beherits (those stone eggs with eyes, mouths and noses) would be a cool time limited event though!

At the beginning the beherit would spawn additional resource nodes in his vicinity, and all adds would grow stronger, but also drop better materials. It would be like a stone statue just standing there and absorbing power from the gathered resources and killed adds.

When it reaches the required energy limit, the Beherit would then suddenly corrupt everything in a 500m radius around it, destroying all resource nodes around it and killing all adds in the vicinity.

This would then mark the beginning of the second stage, the Interstice.
    Portals would start appearing around the Beherit, which spawned adds.
    It could start with players having to stop the Interstice by destroying interdimensional anchorstones around the main portal. If they dont do that, demons start spawning which are way stronger.

The new goal then would be to destroy the Beherit in a day. If they manage to do that they gain access to extremely rare timelimited resource nodes, and if not then a new Hand of the King spawns.

This would be the third stage.
    That hand of the king is a worldboss and extremely strong, but the reward is equally massive on kill. He could maybe drop a legendary recepy for a node building. The Hand of the King will automaticaly wander to the next node and begin destroying/corrupting it. After he destoryes one node, he then starts wandering to the next one repeating the process, growing in strength with each destroyed node.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • PinkberryPinkberry Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I know but.. 😢 i just wanted to have a dream. I mean in my mind it doesn't have to be over the top cause Berserk was a really realistic manga. But i understand what y'all are saying. I love damokles idea for an event for a behlit necklace.
    Darksaber wrote: »
    The only way to wield a 2-handed sword is with the Martial Weapon Proficiency for Fighters or the equivalence. This feat is not present in Eastern settings.

Why are you talking in d&d terms? Every class can use every weapon in aoc....
    a6XEiIf.gif
    Take a look around @the community. Every one here is from a different background(s). My background is D&D / Neverwinter / Salvatore, Tolkien, Jordan, Martin, Greenwood, Weis & Hickman, Elrod, Cunningham, Lockwood, et al. Do you want me to state the algorithms Intrepid is using? AoC is in pre-alpha phase.
    Or shall I just state numbers because 'I said so.'

You stated an ireelevant fact from a totally different system, as if he was the truth for aoc though...
    And Intrepid already confimred that egery class will be able to use every weapons.
    a6XEiIf.gif
    edited November 2019
    Egery.
    ((ran a search both on the forums and discord for: "egery," did not find any search results)).

Also commonly known as every. You should learn to read the context of a sentence.
    a6XEiIf.gif
    @Darksaber
    I will do neither. I will forge my own blade and reforge it again and again! If it cant improve anymore, then i will melt it and use its raw materials to recreate it even better then before!

You are right that some classes will have higher proficiency in specific weapons (mages with magic foci for example).

Here are a few nice tidbits of information about weapons from the wiki:
    Weapons will have their own progression paths and their own applicable types of skills.
    Weapon proficiency (based on length of use of a weapon) is not a planned feature.
    Passive skills will enable players to work toward mastery of a weapon.
    Gear enhancements (power stones/runes) can be applied to weapons to add elemental or energy types of damage.

As far as i know, weapons themselves wont grow stronger over time though.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • PinkberryPinkberry Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Lol how does this help with getting a berserker armor? Although i love conversation, so if i love a specific weapon
    ex. Wand of fairies i can use and level it until i can't grow with it anymore?
    That would be awsome especially if you have a weapon you took so long to gather materials to make.
    @Darksaber i know the ashes team is from a middle earth background, but soo is berserk lol i know a lot of people don't know the manga but i think it be a great way to introduce it. I try to promote the series to people for my love of the series.
    I love anime but even i don't want to see that over the top anime essence in ashes. I do see a good size of the anime community here for the roleplay prospects and a lot of us where ecstatic for the japanese theme orc race, the renkai.

An event to fight zodd from berserk or any of the apostles would be absolutely amazing.
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I prefer that IS do something original rather than lazily rip off other franchises.

Hhak63P.png