Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

100 man dungeouns

Well seeing as we have 100 vs 100 bracket in pvp or 200 toons think we could easily have 100 man dungeouns.

Basically world boss in dungeoun plus minions with easy dungeoun mechanics so one person does not kill the entire party. Difficulty set to moderate. More of an event but inside a dungeoun were you can regulate the number of people in it 100 there fore making easier to balance for set number or people. Now difference between raid adn 100 dungeoun is in a 100 man dungeoun people just come together to kill huge monsters little difficult but more for fun. While a 40 man raid would take considerable more coordination and raid mechanics more demanding.

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would see it possible that specific worldbosses will require 100 man groups.
    Do you remember the dragon they showed last stream? A person is as tall as its toe. Yeah... It will require a ton of people to fight such beasts ^^
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • VmanGmanVmanGman Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That's a cool idea, but from what Intrepid has been saying it really seems that such bosses will be saved for the open world where they can be contested through PvP.
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Many of the dungeons will be open world, so having a dungeon that requires a large number of people wouldn't be unreasonable. I think the bigger issue would be creating encounters that wouldn't just turn into a zerg with that many people, or on the other extreme coordinating 100 people for a boss fight would be a nightmare.
    k2U15J3.png
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    We typically think of players raiding dungeons, but I expect mob bosses to raid Nodes - at least occasionally. I don't think we will necessarily have to coordinate 100 people for that type of boss fight, in the sense that it will be everyone available in the town/city/metro actively defending their home without worry about formally joining raid groups.
    That being said, I am hoping that we will know our neighbors well enough to quickly form parties or raids when we want to.

Also, monster coin events will have players controlling boss mobs - which very may well take 100+ players to put down.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Dygz wrote: »
    We typically think of players raiding dungeons, but I expect mob bosses to raid Nodes - at least occasionally. I don't think we will necessarily have to coordinate 100 people for that type of boss fight, in the sense that it will be everyone available in the town/city/metro actively defending their home without worry about formally joining raid groups.
    That being said, I am hoping that we will know our neighbors well enough to quickly form parties or raids when we want to.

Also, monster coin events will have players controlling boss mobs - which very may well take 100+ players to put down.

I would assume (and this IS an assumption) that if we are present when an event like this happens, we'll be asked if you want to participate (and possibly on what side, if this is an option).

If you select yes, you are then automatically placed in "the raid" that is being formed for the event.

This is a system that was used more or less in both Rift and Archeage - and worked well enough in both. It leaves you open to go along with the event if you want without being in the raid, and it still allows for those guilds and friends that would rather form their own groups or raids to do so. For the rest though, it just saves time.
  • Yes Intrepid is already implementing similar events think this would be good to add to the mix do not see any MMOs out there that I know of that have 100 man dungeouns so be pretty cool in my opinion. Azryil said something about of zerg fest. Well that is kind of what I envisioned it making real simple raid mechanics so critical coordingation not too necessary. Kind of like a Killing spree Made more for fun that strategy and skill
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well, RPGs should be about strategy and skill.
    Steven says zergs won't happen - primarily due to the lack of fast travel.
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    vmangman wrote: »
    That's a cool idea, but from what Intrepid has been saying it really seems that such bosses will be saved for the open world where they can be contested through PvP.

Keep in mind most of the dungeons in Ashes are open world.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101