Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Hope we can have any type of steed for caravans!!!!

PinkberryPinkberry Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Hopefully we can have any type of mount pull our caravan instead of just horses. It would be nice especially for the animal husbandry profession.

But of it is just horses types then i guess ill just stick with unicorns!!

What does everyone think?

Comments

• Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Your steed is one of the things you roll into the scroll ( along with other parts) before you go off to get your scroll stamped by the NPC that presto-changeos your items into a caravan.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    sivannasivanna Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    I hope the quality of the horse or mounts plays into the stats of the Caravan. Things like acceleration, speed, maneuverability, and breaking. We'll see though!
  • Options
    So i understand correctly i just pick what steed i want as i'm picking the parts to put my caravan together and that's what pulls my cart when i summon it?

so is it permanent when i get it stamped or is this still in the works?

i would hope if your using a well bred mount that is would add to the caravans stats if what @Jahlon says is right you have to register everything before you can put it together.
  • Options
    CambiguousCambiguous Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would like otter options.
    https://gfycat.com/@Cambiguous
    Someone you otter know.
  • Options
    sylsyl Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I hope they will differentiate between hauling animals and speed animals. Like you have race horses and mules.

You'd then need to use a strong, slower horse, mule or other mount to pull the caravan. A normal horse or let's say a pony would be less effective at pulling heavy caravans.
    forum_sig2.png
    Come take a look at ashesofcreation.wiki!
  • Options
    i like that idea @syl

mounts should effect the speed of the carriage but be replaceable when you upgrade the speed aspect of the carriage. everything else should just depend on the carriage parts you want to replace to upgrade any other aspect.

i want my gypsy caravan to be pulled by giant foxes or wolves. that would be soo cool.

but i would understand if there are just certain mount classes just meant to pule the caravans, like horses, deer, moose, rams, etc.
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Pinkberry wrote: »
    So i understand correctly i just pick what steed i want as i'm picking the parts to put my caravan together and that's what pulls my cart when i summon it?

so is it permanent when i get it stamped or is this still in the works?

i would hope if your using a well bred mount that is would add to the caravans stats if what @Jahlon says is right you have to register everything before you can put it together.

Yup, the Steed is one of the things you roll into the Caravan.

Along with the other parts
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101