Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

AoC Apocalypse coming back?

Is there any info on when APOC will come back? :)
RAZOR
Lineage 2 Veteran

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    after alpha 1
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I was under the impression it wasn't.

But then, I never paid much attention to Apoc.
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    It will come back for Castle Siege and Horde Mode after Alpha 1.

If they need to do more Action Combat testing, the Battle Royale may appear again as well.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Razorath wrote: »

Hopefully never.
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • Jahlon wrote: »

If they need to do more Action Combat testing, the Battle Royale may appear again as well.

Awesome! :) I hope it will tbh :)
    RAZOR
    Lineage 2 Veteran
  • ferryman wrote: »
    Razorath wrote: »

Hopefully never.

What is your reasoning for that ?
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Tamael wrote: »
    ferryman wrote: »

Hopefully never.

He probably hates the BR and everything it stands for....
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Tamael wrote: »

Hopefully never.

But it is a very unique way of testing in game things. I dunno if he knows what is the objective of Apoc. But it is a platform for the developers. Open it for public and let the positives and negatives flow ( i mean about the combat system etc. not the BR side of it.)
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2020

Hopefully never.

But it is a very unique way of testing in game things. I dunno if he knows what is the objective of Apoc. But it is a platform for the developers. Open it for public and let the positives and negatives flow ( i mean about the combat system etc. not the BR side of it.)

Oh I agree with you. Unfortunately a lot of people hate BRs so passionately that they don't see the benefits of using it to test certain features of an mmorpg.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • GumdropsGumdrops Member, Explorer, Kickstarter
    it will be released very soon
    Reminder to stay on topic

Hopefully never.

Oh I agree with you. Unfortunately a lot of people hate BRs so passionately that they don't see the benefits of using it to test certain features of an mmorpg.

See, I hate BR's, but do see the value it had.

Seeing the value didn't mean I was going to put my time in to somethjnf I didn't enjoy though.

Hopefully never.

Or that side project just delays the MMORPG. Sure some parts of BR can be used for MMORPG but not everything, APOC is own standalone product and needs extra resources. I bet you have not thought about that, but hey do not worry you are not alone. ;) Anyhow, this battle is fought way too many times without any reasonable results so maybe we should stop here.

Hopefully never.

Wrong!
    The BR is reserved for the darkest Abyss guarded by the old gods themself never to be seen by the likes of sane beings
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Honestly? I was okay with the BR. I would have eve kept on playing, if they had increased the level rewards and kept the levels from the first version of it.
    I had no motivation to keep on playing it after i got my Obsidian Armor and most of us who wanted to test it got most of the rewards in the first run.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Same here. I had no problem with the BR as a testing tool. Once I got all the rewards, it wasn't as much fun to wait for 10 minutes just to die in the first minute (my record was dying after 15 seconds on the ground...). That was annoying.
  • Jahlon wrote: »

I was so excited for alpha i completely forgot about castle siege and horde mode. Weren't those supposed to happen before alpha? Did i miss an announcement or something?
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • TamaelTamael Member
    edited April 2020

Hopefully never.

Or that side project just delays the MMORPG. Sure some parts of BR can be used for MMORPG but not everything, APOC is own standalone product and needs extra resources. I bet you have not thought about that, but hey do not worry you are not alone. ;) Anyhow, this battle is fought way too many times without any reasonable results so maybe we should stop here.

There is nothing innovative on the Apoc BR. Literally everything that is in the Br game can be used in MMO. (maybe not the looting system) But from the zone to the way the armor/character looks can be used. So it is a thing that would be either way done now or later. *And i thought about lot of things. Sure it gets extra recources, time, and unnecessary bad rep. by the ppl who do not know what the purpose of it is.But i would rather get everything working before the alpha comes out and the things are already in place, rather then do it after. *
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    voidshadow wrote: »
    Jahlon wrote: »

I was so excited for alpha i completely forgot about castle siege and horde mode. Weren't those supposed to happen before alpha? Did i miss an announcement or something?

"Development is fluid." - Abraham Lincoln
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg

Somehow, perhaps just because of who posted it, I believe this quote to be accurate.
  • FerrymanFerryman Member
    edited April 2020

Yes those were. However, the pressure to deliver the Alpha 1 was getting too high and if IS would been continue focus on BR and parts thereof it would delay the MMORPG A1 test phase further, perhaps till next year. Therefore, that would been lead to avalanche of negative feedback and decrease of the reputation even more. So this change was more than welcome.
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2020
    noaani wrote: »

Somehow, perhaps just because of who posted it, I believe this quote to be accurate.
    I’m waiting for USE to post the Discord snapshot where Lincoln make that quote.

Hhak63P.png
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Lincoln didn't use Discord. He was a TeamSpeak user.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

He didnt use TeamSpeak. He used MSN Windows Live Messenger!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Four score and seven months ago our developers brought forth, upon Kickstarter, a new project, conceived in imagination, and dedicated to the proposition that "not all MMOs are created equal".

Now we are engaged in a great discussion, testing whether that project, or any project so conceived, and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great message board of that game. We have come to dedicate a portion of it, as a final resting place for those MMOs who died here, that Ashes might live. This we may, in all propriety do. But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow, this phase of testing-- The brave projects, living and dead, who struggled here, have hallowed it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here; while it can never forget what they did here.

Hhak63P.png
    Damokles wrote: »

did he also use bebo ?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Nagash wrote: »

did he also use bebo ?

Yes, if that was the name of his carrier pigeon.
  • I did not like it. Sure, it was a way to test the servers, the connection and to get feedback on the combat but that all could have been done with pre-alpha or alpha phase while not allocating resources away from the main reason we are all here. I only saw Apoc as an appetizer for backers and to give viewers a small taste (that kinda backfired) of what is to come. Let's not also forget to generate a little income from the cash shop.

Let Apoc die. Put Castle Siege in Alpha 1 or 2. Then host Siege Weekends for either everyone or those that bought lesser packages. You're still going to test your backend, your siege mode, your combat and the main game while not misallocating resources. All your backers then get a chance to test the game and encourages others to buy a package or upgrade their current one (if that's a thing).
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »

did he also use bebo ?

I thought it was ICQ.
  • Sarevok wrote: »
    Sure, it was a way to test the servers, the connection and to get feedback on the combat but that all could have been done with pre-alpha or alpha phase while not allocating resources away from the main reason we are all here.

This is the main point! All the testing could been done with less resources and faster schedule without the need to implement another game to test out mechanics of MMORPG. However, parts of the Apoc project can be used with the development of AoC but not everything is needed.