Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

4/09 Bacon Environment ?Dungeon? leak from Steven

DrEpochDrEpoch Member, Phoenix Initiative
edited April 2020 in General Discussion
image0_1.png
-
image0_2.png
(It says preview on the left because it's in "editor preview mode")
-
image0.png

Also Steven is alive and well. (He's been pretty quiet this past week)

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    thank you Fooshyy for the pictures
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • DrEpochDrEpoch Member, Phoenix Initiative
    Nagash wrote: »
    thank you Fooshyy for the pictures

You're welcome! 😄
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Looks like a dwarven stronghold: me likey
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It reminds me of Skyrim or Witcher 3, two of the best single-player RPGs of recent years. Not a bad aesthetic to emulate.

Hhak63P.png
    It would be interesting, if they hid dungeons behind false walls etc.
    Didnt they once show a mage disappear a wall to unveil a treasure chest or something?
    a6XEiIf.gif
    Damokles wrote: »
    Didnt they once show a mage disappear a wall to unveil a treasure chest or something?

That's planned. Mage has to detect magic, or ranger detect footsteps.
    Fooshyy wrote: »

Yes, i know but they have never said that they would hide entire dungeons inside of dungeons behind magical walls etc ;D
    And I would think that the ranger ability would be better to track an enemy caravan or to gank someone in the wilds :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
    An entire dungeon hmm. Why hide it, when everyone can have an extra Dungeon or two to do. Who knows
  • MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    edited April 2020
    Is this improved Dunheim ?

you know the one that appeared in dillias diary and was also showcased during early A0 days
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Makinoji wrote: »

you know the one that appeared in dillias diary and was also showcased during early A0 days

Hard to say, it has parts that look like it but other parts look different
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Makinoji wrote: »

As I'm happening to work with that video right now I can confirm it looks very much like Dünheim architecture:

dnheimtdkx7.jpg

Regarding the hole in the ground, we know they love that kind of stuff (it's from the Dünheim stream too)
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Yes, i know but they have never said that they would hide entire dungeons inside of dungeons behind magical walls etc ;D
    And I would think that the ranger ability would be better to track an enemy caravan or to gank someone in the wilds :D
    Yo dawg I heard you like dungeons so I hid a dungeon in your dungeon.

Hhak63P.png
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Atama wrote: »

If all dungeons are open content, wouldn't this just be either another wing or level of the original dungeon?
    noaani wrote: »

If all dungeons are open content, wouldn't this just be either another wing or level of the original dungeon?

That depends:
    If it changes the thematic of the first dungeon then it is a new dungeon. If it has the same thematic type of adds then it is the same dungeon.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    noaani wrote: »

That depends:
    If it changes the thematic of the first dungeon then it is a new dungeon. If it has the same thematic type of adds then it is the same dungeon.

I can think of a lot of dungeons that change their theme - one in particular that changes it's theme multiple times.

A ghost filled castle where you climb down a well in to a dried up cavern.

An abandoned mining operation (complete with ghosts) that leads in to a goblin cave in one direction, and eventually leading in to a giants stronghold in another, which itself, leads in to a fairly large underground lava cavern.

An underground enemy city on one level, with a water filled cavern underneath it.

A hard-enough-to-find cavern (a bit of a theme building here), that itself has a hard to open structure with three levels, each of which are hard to open.

All of these are individual open dungeons from a single game (no prizes for guessing which game - though it is worth noting there are a number of staff at Intrepid that worked on this particular game) - and are just the ones that stick out has having fairly obvious thematic changes to them - I'm sure there would be more if I put some thought in to it.

In some cases, you do literally jump down a hole to get to the second part of the dungeon.