Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Alpha 1 may become purchasable IF a Criteria is meant during testing

DrEpochDrEpoch Member, Phoenix Initiative
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
Here's a video that specifically talks about these images and nothing more.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Rmx7DTqS5Tg[/url]
dsfdfsdfsdfs.PNG

Braver1.PNG

Braver2.PNG

Comments

• Options
    sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    It's all up to the beavers.
    fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    I can see this causing a huge shit storm if the did start selling alpha 1 packs again but I just don't care anymore
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1791529601/ashes-of-creation-new-mmorpg-by-intrepid-studios

To be fair there is no mention of kickstarter exclusive invites for access to alpha/beta.
    Although there was a general concensus you was actually purchasing the package primarily for alpha/beta access rather than the rest of the accoutrements (which were bonus material).
    That is after all the basis of the arguments about companises selling alpha/beta access for unfinished games.

Besides, Fushi made the point about needing extra players, because the users would get bored with alpha. I would just politely remind him the purchasing of alpha and beta testing is for alpha and beta testing. Not playing a fully completed game with early access. If you bought the game on a false pretense, and intrepid sold the game on the basis of a false pretense, no one has anyone to blame but themselves.

Hell it might even have prevented those people who bought alpha/beta access and then criticised the game for being no where near finished. I rest my case.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As long as the price is close to the original there should be no problems but I still say this feels off to me even if it is legal
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm gonna add my 2 cents here as well.

I think opening up for more people to purchase A1 is fine, given that it's needed to provide better feedback for the testing. The more people we get in there, the more bugs we are able to find. I am a BoW backer and I honestly don't care much about more people getting access if it helps improve the final product.

I do however, understand the frustration coming from those that purchased the Intrepid Pack under the pretense that it would never be made available again. I can imagine some people making an impulse purchase because they thought they would never get the chance to test A1 otherwise, that's gotta suck.

But to be honest, none of us A1 backers - Intrepid Pack or Kickstarter backers - are going to lose anything from more people joining in. Sure, it'll feel less exclusive but Imo testing phases are not made for players to feel a sense of exclusivity and are moreso there to actually test the game and give feedback.
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I can understand there being an issue if they start selling the lifetime sub. But the A1 access was never given as exclusive or never happening again.
    Us beavers are going to be helping out anyways. Always room for more testers!
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I fail to see the problem other then MOST don't really understand what ALPHA really is. Look at the other thread talking about what to expect in alpha.
    Being in alpha is NOT the same as playing the game.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    For me it was all about the life time sub. I am not a huge cosmetics fan and the alpha 1 access is nice be able to get in and help test/find bugs.
    As for alpha 1 access opening up personally I am all for it if it helps get AOC as a finished product just one day sooner bring it on.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    runestone wrote: »
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1791529601/ashes-of-creation-new-mmorpg-by-intrepid-studios

To be fair there is no mention of kickstarter exclusive invites for access to alpha/beta.
    They have already sold alpha/beta access as a part of the summer sale they had after kickstarter, and in the packs they had on the store, so Kickstarter players have absolutely no claim to even the concept of exclusivity in regards to alpha and beta access.

To me, this isn't an issue at all.

I don't recall them saying that access will never be available again when they stopped selling packs with it either. In fact, if I remember, they gave the specific reason as to why they are stopping the sale of the packs, and so it only makes sense that if those reasons cease to hold true, the sale of additional packs - if people are willing to buy them - is perfectly fine.

I honestly can't see how anyone could complain about this.

• Options
    CambiguousCambiguous Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    damn beaver of worlds , what about the otter backers!?
    https://gfycat.com/@Cambiguous
    Someone you otter know.
  • Options
    FooFoo wrote: »
    perseus01 wrote: »
    I see that you like furries and are apart of UwU....interestingly enough with a ban hammer...?
    Answer me this. Why has the anonymous user's video of UwU making Last Oasis a terrible game been taking down from youtube? Do you Ponzi-scheme related members bribe people to take down your terrible foreplayed videos now?

I'm not associated with UwU Further more known as Legacy Gaming.

"UWU" is clearly on your signature in a preceding fashion stating you are associated with them.
  • Options
    DanteDante Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I feel that sales of A1 would be fine as long as:
    1. They give the option to those who already bought A2 packs and later the option to upgrade.
    2. They Charge at least the same amount, or an amount that equates to only A1 access, that A1 has cost with previous packs.
    3. A1 access is given in tiers or the like. The people who have been waiting 3+ years for access would prob be upset (myself included) if random Joe who found the game the other day can buy the same access as I got with a Kickstarter reward. (This already shouldn't be a problem, cause they've said that IF things go well in A1 they might sell more packs, so this is assuming all the people who already have Kickstarter access would be in).

Of course its all up to Steven an the crew regardless, and more people in testing, as well as more money for the company doesn't hurt anything.
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The KS backers still have the option to upgrade to A1. It was only the Intrepid packs that were shut down. I backed at the Founder level and saved up before upgrading to a Beaver.
  • Options
    Magic ManMagic Man Member
    edited July 2020
    Hopefully if they decide to do that, which would have mostly benefits imo, they make the purchase available on My.Games as well.
    signature.png
  • Options
    noaani wrote: »

They have already sold alpha/beta access as a part of the summer sale they had after kickstarter, and in the packs they had on the store, so Kickstarter players have absolutely no claim to even the concept of exclusivity in regards to alpha and beta access.

I don't recall them saying that access will never be available again when they stopped selling packs with it either. In fact, if I remember, they gave the specific reason as to why they are stopping the sale of the packs, and so it only makes sense that if those reasons cease to hold true, the sale of additional packs - if people are willing to buy them - is perfectly fine.

And we remember the furore the summer sale caused. The reasons for that furore have not changed. Whether its a good idea or not is neither here nor there. Its a question of how trustworthy intrepid are. Which is getting more and more difficult, when stuff like this happens.

Sure Intrepid can do what they like. But their business is 100% based on public trust.
  • Options
    HartwellHartwell Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    They should probably use a raffle system for the current accounts. It would be more flexible. Need more backers? Throw out some invites. Have too many backers? You gave people Alpha privileges without any promises, so you don't need to worry about revoking them.

• Without a pack = 1 entry.
    • With a Wayfarer pack = 2 entries.
    • With a Expeditionary pack = 3 entries.
    • People who've Kickstarted = 4 entries.
    • Founder and above or Voyager and above = A portrait of Steven for home decor.
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hartwell wrote: »
    They should probably use a raffle system for the current accounts. It would be more flexible. Need more backers? Throw out some invites. Have too many backers? You gave people Alpha privileges without any promises, so you don't need to worry about revoking them.

• Without a pack = 1 entry.
    • With a Wayfarer pack = 2 entries.
    • With a Expeditionary pack = 3 entries.
    • People who've Kickstarted = 4 entries.
    • Founder and above or Voyager and above = A portrait of Steven for home decor.

I actually think this sounds like a really great idea. Either something like these raffles or a competition limited to those without an alpha key would be awesome
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    sunfrog wrote: »
    It's all up to the beavers.
    LITBeaverCompleteCover72dpi.jpg

Like others said, I got Braver for the lifetime sub. The Alpha access doesn’t matter as much.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    CaerylCaeryl Member
    edited July 2020
    noaani wrote: »

And we remember the furore the summer sale caused. The reasons for that furore have not changed. Whether its a good idea or not is neither here nor there. Its a question of how trustworthy intrepid are. Which is getting more and more difficult, when stuff like this happens.

Sure Intrepid can do what they like. But their business is 100% based on public trust.

Given they never made statements of exclusivity, I don’t see how trust comes into the equation.

You personally may not like that an non-exclusive portion of a pre-order pack (which contained multiple exclusive items) may be made available again, but that doesn’t reflect anything on Intrepid.

They’ve been remarkably open about their process and decision making. They pulled A1 sales because they didn’t want to overload their servers with too many people which would make proper testing impossible, not because it was ever supposed to be exclusive, as seen by the presence of A1 access in the KS and the Summer funding and in Intrepid Packs.

There are items they have laid out from the get-go as exclusives. The monthly cosmetics, the KS backer titles, the lifetime sub, etc. So far they’ve yet to go back on exclusivity comments.
  • Options
    darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It should be fine as long as they wait a few weeks after Alpha 1 servers move into a semi permanent up phase. The first few weeks those of us who've been waiting 3+ years will be packing the server. As time goes on the population will have to go back to normal life and room will open up on the servers for others. I just hope they dont sell so many that they end up with a queue during peak hours
  • Options
    VentharienVentharien Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If they get things stable once the alpha 1 people get brought in, i can't see any problem with them opening up more access levels if it will keep giving them the data they need without flooding them.
  • Options
    darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I also wouldnt mind giving lower tier backers 1 day access from time to time for stress test purposes. I think having 20k players trying to log on at the same time would provide some helpful information for future testing