Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Foundamental problem's in developing MMORPG becouse of player's mentality

Players in MMORPG - Should NOT be equal.

MMO Games should not be desinged and balanced on equality. There should always be gear, skills, stats that only few aquare by luck, or skill or dedication.

Not every player should have same items, stats, bonuses, buffs etc. In any MMO there MUST be differences between players. Every player need to have goals what they want to want to achieve but at the same time, there MUST be system, that create situations, that for example ....

"There is only one weapon on whole server" a this weapon was aquared by some random idiot who dont even use its full potetial....
But on other hand there should be players who are extremly powerfull raiders becouse of theyr decisions in game, choices, luck of drops etc.

If you want MMO where every single player has same items, skills, passives ... You dont play MMO but u play prescripted online game where you just comapre your numbers.If you want MMO where everyone is equal than its not MMO...
There should always be someone better than you. There always need to be someone who has something that you wish you can get one day too...
You need to give up on catch up mechanics, Give up guides, give up meta play .... U need to make game based on luck, determination, team work, and good vs bad choices that will pernamently change your characters future. (No possiblity of
re-spec, re-do of your points etc)

Simply put:
When every warrior is equal whats the point of farming, leveling and gearing up in the first place? Isnt it just easyer to give everyone everything and balance around that? But thats not what are MMO games about.

DIVERSITY - RARIRY - PROSPERITY - UNIQUENES those are main aspects of mmo that push players to play more.

Im open for Discussion, but I strongly belive that people should learn to lose in MMORPG games. And realize that MMO games are not suposted to be made so every single player in the game is equal. I know I will get lot of hate for this topic. But equality should not be part of MMO. The only thing that should be equal for everyone is this: Chance to become TOP but not determined destination for everyone.
222f68aa4195eb681ab20d6ba1a8ad7c247496f1ac96fc155ad97f1e9603c0ca.gif

Comments

• Options
    Cold 0ne FTBCold 0ne FTB Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Couldn't agree more.
    ZxbhjES.gif

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.
  • Options
    I concur. Mass conglomerates suck too.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    The strong survive and the weak perish and I then use them for furniture
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Well your just....dead.
  • Options
    perseus01 wrote: »
    Well your just....dead.

I have transcended to the point where I let others do my work for me
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »

A dwarf skin couch does sound pretty nice......though Margaret might not be a fan
  • Options
    darthaden wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »

A dwarf skin couch does sound pretty nice......though Margaret might not be a fan

I find that their beards make for great pillows
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    CaerylCaeryl Member
    Agree with this except for this little bit:
    No possiblity of
    re-spec, re-do of your points etc
    You’ve gotta give some room to correct errors. It doesn’t have to be easy or convenient (I agree that instant, cheap respecs generally detract from meaningful choices), but there should be a way for those determined enough to fix their mistakes to do so.

Primary class is already locked in stone, Secondary class is not locked in stone but it will be tedious and difficult to change.
  • Options
    PlateauPlateau Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2023
    Mega troll frmr1cq9w89im2.jpg
  • Options
    AsagAsag Member
    leonerdo wrote: »
    And luck should never play a role in long-term progression.

What about?

Luck of finding rare spawn - Chest - Room
    Luck of discovering of item - buff - game tactic
    Luck of finding hidden pice of information in the game that will alow you to gather stuff or etc

Luck is important part of LONG TERM GROW of your character. Just simply lucky loot of higher number of gold would increase your speed in getting new equipment that will exponecionaly speed up your progres over other players that are strugling with gold loot.....

Luck is the strongest stat in the whole RPG / MMORPG genre
    222f68aa4195eb681ab20d6ba1a8ad7c247496f1ac96fc155ad97f1e9603c0ca.gif
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited July 2020
    Asag wrote: »
    leonerdo wrote: »
    And luck should never play a role in long-term progression.

What about?

Luck of finding rare spawn - Chest - Room
    Luck of discovering of item - buff - game tactic
    Luck of finding hidden pice of information in the game that will alow you to gather stuff or etc
    These things are all things that players with knowledge of the game should be able to do regardless of luck.

Luck can speed up a process, but that is it.
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2020
    The simple way of getting people to not focus on best in slot is to make 10 or so items for every slot of every class at endgame that are so close you can't figure out which is best in slot without a spreadsheet and a calculator. When the best whatever is clearly the one from this thing over here of course people want it.
  • Options
    Variety is the spice of life!

Any game worth its salt, especially an RPG, should strive to be as fun and rewarding (and challenging) regardless of winning and losing. That sense of accomplishment overcoming a difficult challenge, especially if you're taking your own unique approach is extremely satisfying!

Part of that challenge that can set you back encourages teamwork and community building that gives the MMO an advantage that most other genres can't involve. If you're unable to overcome a boss or quest by yourself because your character lacks the skills, then a good MMORPG should have that to encourage you to seek out help from different players with different skills!
    ezgif-3-b7b5eae89b.gif
  • Options
    Ljosalfar wrote: »
    Variety is the spice of life!

Any game worth its salt, especially an RPG, should strive to be as fun and rewarding (and challenging) regardless of winning and losing. That sense of accomplishment overcoming a difficult challenge, especially if you're taking your own unique approach is extremely satisfying!

Part of that challenge that can set you back encourages teamwork and community building that gives the MMO an advantage that most other genres can't involve. If you're unable to overcome a boss or quest by yourself because your character lacks the skills, then a good MMORPG should have that to encourage you to seek out help from different players with different skills!

Yes but the same also says if your character build is useless on boss x they should get someone who can actually pull their own weight instead of carrying dead weight through.
  • Options
    TacualeonTacualeon Member
    edited July 2020
    Caeryl wrote: »
    Agree with this except for this little bit:
    No possiblity of
    re-spec, re-do of your points etc
    You’ve gotta give some room to correct errors. It doesn’t have to be easy or convenient (I agree that instant, cheap respecs generally detract from meaningful choices), but there should be a way for those determined enough to fix their mistakes to do so.

Primary class is already locked in stone, Secondary class is not locked in stone but it will be tedious and difficult to change.

If men are born free, then they are not all equals.
    I agree. I don't play game with no re-spec. I already have my life to regret life decisions.
  • Options
    Well you also don't want people trying to claim loot for all 8 subclasses for their main class just because its too easy to switch back and forth. Maybe give us 2 specs we can switch between and if we want to do more than just A or B then you get the special quest line to change your 2ndary permamently to one of the other 6 and it then becomes your new A or new B spec replacing one of the old ones.