Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Double standards from AOC (moderation) team.

KeithKeith Member
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
:D:D:D:D:D:D So I recently made a satire post, political in nature to joke about injecting politics into AoC. That post was removed by Greypelt citing "we dont allow political topics" now please look at the topic still going called "To avoid the "racism trap", a clearer distinction should be made between "race" and "culture"". :D:D:D:D:D

Comments

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hence why I said they should both be removed.
    Stay on topic
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    Keith wrote: »
    Stay on topic

Obv that's true. But wont happen because clearly SJW have already infiltrated AoC.

Yeah except even that person is overreaching quite a bit in a way most of use detest they are still talking about the game. Where as a satire over what they did is simply you wanting attention. Even if you found the idea they had detestable you should still conduct yourself with class an not clutter the forum where everyone wants to talk about the game with attention seeking nonsense.
  • Options
    The la
    Lazyactor wrote: »
    Stay on topic

Obv that's true. But wont happen because clearly SJW have already infiltrated AoC.

Yeah except even that person is overreaching quite a bit in a way most of use detest they are still talking about the game. Where as a satire over what they did is simply you wanting attention. Even if you found the idea they had detestable you should still conduct yourself with class an not clutter the forum where everyone wants to talk about the game with attention seeking nonsense.

The last message i read in that thread was people going back and forth about racism accusations. Yeah real game related stuff.

Yeah but the initial post was about the game itself. However bad the idea or however badly it was presented you cant deny that is what the post was about....the game. A satire about someone using politics to talk about the game isnt actually talking about the game. Its childish attention seeking. No place on the forums where we wanna talk about the game. I know you understand what I am saying. You dont have to reply with your acknowledgement of making a pointless unrelated thread for attention. But to go out of your way to accuse the company of siding with your political opponent is quite extreme and pathologically paranoid. You can make that claim if the company allows purely political posts instead of posts about the game in favor of your ideological opponent but wont allow you to rebuke the posts or post your own views. That is favoritism the other is just crowd control.
  • Options
    The la
    Stay on topic

The last message i read in that thread was people going back and forth about racism accusations. Yeah real game related stuff.

Yeah but the initial post was about the game itself. However bad the idea or however badly it was presented you cant deny that is what the post was about....the game. A satire about someone using politics to talk about the game isnt actually talking about the game. Its childish attention seeking. No place on the forums where we wanna talk about the game. I know you understand what I am saying. You dont have to reply with your acknowledgement of making a pointless unrelated thread for attention. But to go out of your way to accuse the company of siding with your political opponent is quite extreme and pathologically paranoid. You can make that claim if the company allows purely political posts instead of posts about the game in favor of your ideological opponent but wont allow you to rebuke the posts or post your own views. That is favoritism the other is just crowd control.

The two most liked posts in the thread in question apart from the first response are blatantly calling that post out for what it is. "politically motivated".

I completely agree, I think you are missing my point. A topic can be motivated about literally anything while at the same time still being about the game. In the end all we are all doing is talking about the game with opinions motivated by other games or previous experiences or our own hot takes. Doesn't change anything about what I said before. Making a post to garner attention when it isnt related to the game is childish and in no way is indicative of the studios attitude or opinion to one political stance or another. Not rocket science dude.
  • Options
    "Making a post to garner attention when it isnt related to the game is childish and in no way is indicative of the studios attitude or opinion to one political stance or another. Not rocket science dude."

No one can control the comments section except for the posters and in no way do the reply's change the nature of the post being about the game despite its motivations.
  • Options
    :D:D:D:D:D:D So I recently made a satire post, political in nature to joke about injecting politics into AoC. That post was removed by Greypelt citing "we dont allow political topics" now please look at the topic still going called "To avoid the "racism trap", a clearer distinction should be made between "race" and "culture"". :D:D:D:D:D

There are actual thoughts about the game mechanics presented from that thread. There are people who have posted in the thread actually carrying a legitimate conversion about the mechanic presented.

Could the same be said for your thread?

If no, then I think there is a very clear distinction between the two.
  • Options
    GreypeltGreypelt Moderator, Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    1. The mods aren't part of the development team.
    2. "Satire" doesn't come through very clearly in this format.
    3. People are welcome to have a conversation on fantasy race vs fantasy culture. If these derail into inappropriate areas moderation actions will be taken based on the severity of the problem.
    4. Use of the report feature can help direct us to inappropriate content on the forums.

I'm closing this thread now.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.