Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Cost of upgrading pre-order packs / how long will pre-order packs be available for?

Hello!

I just missed out on the last bundle pack which I would have been thrilled to purchase however this particular theme does not appeal to me personally.

I absolutely love the idea and theme however its just not for me. I am debating if I should hold out until Oct (hopefully a dark themed skin will emerge) or if I should purchase the top tier of this skin and go from there.

I have been trying to look for more info on this but cannot find anything addressing how much extra you will need to pay to receive ALL the skins (if we were to have already owned the top tier pre-order pack) and how many more pre-order packs there will be until they stop releasing them.

Would love for a Dev to clear this one up!

Comments

• AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    After you have purchased the highest tiered package, you will be able to purchase the cosmetics individually onwards in the following months.

Each have their own price depending on the type of cosmetic:
    - 5$ for accessories
    - 20-25$ for mount skins
    - 25$ for freehold skin
    - 25$ for caravan skin
    - 25$ for cosmetic costume
    - 10-15$ for pet skins

Sometimes the prices vary, but there's usually not more than a 5$ difference if so. You will however have to purchase them each month if you wish to aquire all the cosmetics.
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Damn, so around $115 every month for all the skins...That's really steep. I know, pick and choose, but still...
  • Amist wrote: »
    After you have purchased the highest tiered package, you will be able to purchase the cosmetics individually onwards in the following months.

- 5$ for accessories
    - 20-25$ for mount skins
    - 25$ for freehold skin
    - 25$ for caravan skin
    - 10-15$ for pet skins

Sometimes the prices vary, but there's usually not more than a 5$ difference if so. You will however have to purchase them each month if you wish to aquire all the cosmetics.

Dang! So almost $35 AUD if I wanted a mount, freehold, cosmetic or caravan skin o.0 Thats more expensive than BDO.

But thank you for clarifying that!

Do you know if there is an option if say for example I got the Voyager instead of Voyager plus, would there be an option to upgrade to voyager plus on a month that I really liked the skins for or?

Just curious now how much longer their packs are going to be offered as the price for value seems quite steep?
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Amist wrote: »

- 5$ for accessories
    - 20-25$ for mount skins
    - 25$ for freehold skin
    - 25$ for caravan skin
    - 10-15$ for pet skins

Dang! So almost $35 AUD if I wanted a mount, freehold, cosmetic or caravan skin o.0 Thats more expensive than BDO.

Do you know if there is an option if say for example I got the Voyager instead of Voyager plus, would there be an option to upgrade to voyager plus on a month that I really liked the skins for or?

Just curious now how much longer their packs are going to be offered as the price for value seems quite steep?

Thats USD so for you it would be even more
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    edited July 2020
    Amist wrote: »

- 5$ for accessories
    - 20-25$ for mount skins
    - 25$ for freehold skin
    - 25$ for caravan skin
    - 10-15$ for pet skins

You can definitely upgrade. Basically all you have to do is pay the price difference, so:

375 - 250 = 125$

What you need to keep in mind is that when you upgrade, you only get the additional items you payed for, i.e. the ones that were not included in the package you previously had. So if you were to upgrade next month, you would not recieve the accessory, the pet and the mount from the Voyager Plus package as they were already included in the Voyager pack the month prior (meaning you would have to purchase those individually if you wish to get them). You would instead be recieving the cosmetic armor, freehold skin and caravan skin.

Jahlon has a really great video on this topic if you have 10 mins to spare: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5FHT2KkT7Y
  • @Amist Thanks for that! It definitely answered some questions, I suppose the only question left now is do they have a confirmed date of when they will stop releasing pre-order packs?

Also would you happen to know if they release the next months pack content before the previous one ends? I did see there was an announcement but not sure if there is a specific time frame eg. 2 days before hand.
    @Amist Thanks for that! It definitely answered some questions, I suppose the only question left now is do they have a confirmed date of when they will stop releasing pre-order packs?

Also would you happen to know if they release the next months pack content before the previous one ends? I did see there was an announcement but not sure if there is a specific time frame eg. 2 days before hand.

There's been no mention of pre-order packs being removed from the store any time soon, but I would imagine it being close to release!

Usually they swap the cosmetics out, so they won't be present in the store at the same time. They're currently set to swap on the 5th of August! I'm assuming we'll hear more about it in the livestream on friday or sometime shortly after/before :)
  • Hiya! Thanks to everyone for getting OP answers in this thread! <3 To clear up the last little bit:

1. We haven't announced an end date for these pre-order packs, but will definitely let you know in advance!
    2. Previously we've shared articles highlighting the upcoming cosmetics shortly before the new ones launch, if you'd like to keep an eye on our news page or our news channel on Discord for when we announce them!

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything else we can assist you with!

community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.