Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

New forums have lost some functionality.

PlagueMonkPlagueMonk Member
edited July 2020 in Support & FAQ
I'm an old returning forum-er from the previous iteration of the matrix. I just barely migrated over and noticed a lot........less than the old forums used to have.

The old forums had:
- The ability to create in forum polls
- A public but completely separate personal posting area
- Many more topic areas to post in

I'm sure there was other stuff but this is what I immediately recall missing at a first glance.

At the very least I would assume as we get closer to launch the topics/sections will be expanded out again?
isFikWd2_o.jpg

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    I'm an old returning forum-er from the previous iteration of the matrix. I just barely migrated over and noticed a lot........less than the old forums used to have.

The old forums had:
    - The ability to create in forum polls
    - A public but completely separate personal posting area
    - Many more topic areas to post in

I'm sure there was other stuff but this is what I immediately recall missing at a first glance.

At the very least I would assume as we get closer to launch the topics/sections will be expanded out again?

Welcome to the twilight zone :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Nagash wrote: »

Ah Nagash, my old Frenemy! Good to see you trolling about the forum halls. I noticed some of your posts and looked for a few of the other old names I remember but nothing pulled up. I guess only the undead and warpstone tainted Rats are forever eh? >:)
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »

Ah Nagash, my old Frenemy! Good to see you trolling about the forum halls. I noticed some of your posts and looked for a few of the other old names I remember but nothing pulled up. I guess only the undead and warpstone tainted Rats are forever eh? >:)

Im stuck in the forums ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • PlagueMonkPlagueMonk Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm all for not spreading spreading things too thin but currently about 90% of the posts get dumped into General Discussion and a fair amount of game questions are even here in the support section where they don't really belong. Hell I don't even know if my discussion should be here!?

The result of this is any one post falls off the front page so quick it's lost in under a day. A good example of this is the weekly and even daily posting and RE posting of race or class polls. Since many don't troll past the first page, it would be really helpful if we had a few more specific sections to post in so they stay relevant a bit longer.

To that end I would suggest:

- Race Section
    - Class Section
    - Game / World Mechanics
    - Crafting

That's it. This will also be the direct setup to all of the different race / class subsections that will need to be added once those details come flowing in......any time? (especially the Tulnar! ;) )

While I'm here, is there any way to get the forum mechanics added so we can do polls natively so we don't have to travel outside the AoC forum to participate?

thanks
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Hi there! Hopefully I can provide some clarity on these items below:

1. Polls are still enabled on these forums, though only moderators and Intrepid Staff members have permissions to post them, as we use them to run official polls here!
    2. I'm not quite sure what this is referring to? Both the old and new forums are powered by Vanilla, and I'm not familiar with this feature you're referencing.
    3. Yup, you're exactly correct - as we move towards future testing and you all start to get your hands on things directly such as classes, crafting, etc., we'll be setting up forum categories to help match those so that you can provide feedback for our team and discuss further!

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything further we can help out with in the meantime!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.