Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Might of the Murk

MargaretKrohnMargaretKrohn Moderator, Staff
edited July 2020 in Announcements
Voyager_Plus.jpg

A swamp is a sweltering mass of stagnation and decay, yet beneath and above the billowing depths, life thrives. For those who know where to look, untapped power may be found. Be wary -as with any power, it is well-guarded, and one would do well to remember that the bog is always watching.

The Might of the Murk cosmetic addons will be available in the Ashes of Creation shop from July 15, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific until August 5, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific. Don’t forget that the Dark Allegiances addons will be removed on July 15, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific when the new cosmetics swap over.

For more information, check out our news post: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2020-07-08-might-of-the-murk
marketing.gif

Comments

• VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hmmmm Ren'Kai

Nice stuff.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • horendishorendis Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Cosmetics sometimes feel like a cross between stock speculation and and a roulette wheel. My first look at these murky makeovers made me think of the Shell of the Ancients. The concept art showed beautiful colors covering the entire shell. I bought one. Then the model came out with only a few spots of color... Promises that the color effects would be added later. Like Forest Gump's box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get. Then you have the Quarrior Pet. It looked bland and uninteresting to me, so I didn't buy one. Then we see the animations and the cute little buggers rolling around APOC and boom! I was like, "Oh, man. I wish I had bought one." Consolation resides in a Freehold Gem Farm, but regardless, I was kinda blah about this months offerings. Do I take the chance that once Ryan or Jincy gets a hold of it, I'll be regretting not buying one? (By the way, the team show all button was not working today on Intrepid's Website for me) Anyway, Margaret has done a great job planning the monthlies, but I always seem to have questions whenever new cosmetics come around. Is there a height cap on Freeholds? (Thinking of the Scintillarium). Will there be mists surrounding the cosmetics? (Stillstone Reliquary) How tall is the tallest pet going to be? (Bog Brute taller than Protector's Pride?) What are some cosmetics that you all thought looked different when modeled and are you glad you bought them? (P/S I still have high hopes for the PAX 2017 Caravan!)
  • VirulentVirulent Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I really love these concepts. Whomever drew them perfectly captured the look and natural biological feel of boggy, swampy marsh. Not everyone can do swampy moss in a way that feels real. You aesthetically captured the ecosystem of an ancient old, untouched swamp that has not seen 'people' in a long time. A primordial soup with a thick skin of bilge that has obscured what simmers beneath. Creatures that are lurking for countless years, slowly stirring as they become aware of two-legged invaders of their bog. Just like the ocean, when you enter the bog, you are no longer on the top of the food chain. Is that a rock in the water? A log? Or your impending doom. I believe you chose the perfect race for this to mesh with. Kudos to the artist on this Might of the Murk. Having seen many concept pieces come to life, I am absolutely stoked to see this cosmetic come to fruition. Messy, dirty, gritty, real, I love natural living items like this over super unblemished and polished shiny "clean truck never used" of some of the other cosmetics. (though I love all the cosmetics, even the disgusting fancy elf ones. All elves must die!)
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    so thats where the creature of the black lagoon was hiding
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • ashoneashone Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    By the way, the team show all button was not working today on Intrepid's Website for me Your button is working correctly. the powers that be have decided to post only the team leaders. see jahlon s q and a at about 11:09 link :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWguiuv9iyY
  • SOOOooo does the gator come with the caravan skin?

No, was made clear long ago that the mounts pulling the caravan are provided by you. Just like the weapons with costumes are not provided. (This took a long while for them to add a * to the small print, but it eventually happened.)
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • horendishorendis Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    SOOOooo does the gator come with the caravan skin?

No, was made clear long ago that the mounts pulling the caravan are provided by you. Just like the weapons with costumes are not provided. (This took a long while for them to add a * to the small print, but it eventually happened.)

My understanding is that you provide a mount (ie tier 1 land mount) when you have the caravan scroll made. The mount is rolled up into the scroll. When you apply the cosmetic, it will make your mount look like the beast in the cosmetic.
    @MargaretKrohn Can we please get a clarification post or announcement on this? I've seen confusion in the community on videos and forums. Thanks!
  • PinkberryPinkberry Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ohh yes and is the costume gonna morph to a racial appearance or does the costumes look the same across the bored.

Like i know in game armor sets takes on the form of the race its on, but its not made clear on wiki if the skins change depending on the race.
  • TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @MargaretKrohn This doesn't look quite right. It says that the Cosmetics will be available from July 15, 2019 to August 5, 2020. It also says that the Dark Allegiances addons will be removed on July 15, 2019. We are currently in 2020, not 2019. <3

"The Might of the Murk cosmetic addons will be available in the Ashes of Creation shop from July 15, 2019 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific until August 5, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific. Don’t forget that the Dark Allegiances addons will be removed on July 15, 2019 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific when the new cosmetics swap over."
  • MargaretKrohnMargaretKrohn Moderator, Staff
    edited July 2020
    SOOOooo does the gator come with the caravan skin?

Yes, it is one skin together the caravan skin has a creature + vehicle combination.
    Pinkberry wrote: »
    Ohh yes and is the costume gonna morph to a racial appearance or does the costumes look the same across the bored.

Like i know in game armor sets takes on the form of the race its on, but its not made clear on wiki if the skins change depending on the race.

There may be slight adjustments for races so they look right on them, but generally, these cosmetic costumes will look the same on each race.

Tsukasa wrote: »
    Not clarification post or announcement, it should be right in the shop. Clarifying the following:

"Weapons are not included in the cosmetics"
    "Caravan skins don't come with animal, however you can link any mount to pull it"
    "Pets are not skins. Pets are skins. Pets are (not) battle pets."
    "This freehold skin is for .....all freehold buildings?"
    "This mount skin can applied on ... any tier 1-2 animal?"

We do note that these are "cosmetic skins" next to the items in the description in each package on the shop.

Unfortunately, the other details you are requesting are things I am still waiting for details on from design. Once we get a more clear direction on that front, we'll make some adjustments. Sorry for the confusion in the meantime.

Teyloune wrote: »
    @MargaretKrohn This doesn't look quite right. It says that the Cosmetics will be available from July 15, 2019 to August 5, 2020. It also says that the Dark Allegiances addons will be removed on July 15, 2019. We are currently in 2020, not 2019. <3

"The Might of the Murk cosmetic addons will be available in the Ashes of Creation shop from July 15, 2019 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific until August 5, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific. Don’t forget that the Dark Allegiances addons will be removed on July 15, 2019 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific when the new cosmetics swap over."

Yeah that was a typo obviously. (If you clicked the time zone conversion it had 2020 on there. =P) I fixed it. =)

Also as a response to this whole thread, we have brought up your concerns to the development team. <3

(On the community-side, we've definitely been trying to provide as much detail as we can as those who have noted the asterisk, but we do understand that some things are still a bit confusing and we will try to address those concerns with the development team.)
    marketing.gif
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @horendis I am wrong on how that will be implemented down the line. I misunderstood how the dropping mounts as certificates into the crafting process worked clarified in the April and May 2020 livestreams. Thanks for catching that.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Love the style. Way cooler than an edgy red glowing undead skeleton lord. imho B)
  • I really like the caravan & cosmetic set, I like the dark green look.
    Xvg0iN1.png
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This is still the best skin
    t5BCLpS.png
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Hello, i would actually like to ask a question about the alpha-2 access part of the current package, and of any following package.
    I do want and plan getting into the alpha-2 stage, aka buying the 250$ pack, but the current skins just do not match my taste. But if there will be no choice, aka that will be the last package with the alpha-2 access, i would still buy it.
    My question is, do we get a prior notice about the package expiration date, and the content of the next package. If we do, in some way, i will get the chance to decide if i absolutely must buy the current pack, as it is the last one with the access, or i can wait a few days for the next pack with skins that suit me better and that still has the alpha-2 access.

Cheers.
  • wArchAngelwArchAngel Member
    edited July 2020
    So the way it worked up to this point is a sudden pack exchange at one day, with no prior announce of either removal of the old pack or the addition/contents of the next pack, following a news thread about those two.
    Did i understand it correctly?
  • Tsukasa wrote: »
    @wArchAngel No, they usually give you enough time and send you Newsletter mail and Discord announcement(which could go to your Junk mail, unnoticed), however sometimes they forget the Discord announcement and post it post-removal saying "will be removed" when the main intention is to let us know that the store has been updated with next monthly cycle.

In my case, the mail was in junk. I messaged Margaret on Discord "What's the point of this Discord message?! It's not fair! Please return it for 1 hour so people have time to get it" and she said the bolded part above ^^.

ok, thank you very much for your answer, i guess i will join discord and start closely following the information given there.
  • JagMazJagMaz Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2020
    I hope next month's one suits me a little more - I love this aesthetic but I feel it only suits certain races / classes. Keep up the good work!
    C589dL5.png
  • UlfUlf Member
    Really like the swamp aestethics, It adds to the fantasy , deep RPG stuff
    FOeRqtf.jpg
  • I dont really mind it, i would even consider taking it, if my class and race of choice would be an elf rogue or ranger, but its not, and it wont suit my style, so i hope the next package will deliver for me, and will still have alpha-2 access.
  • Nice theme, I like it.