Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Place Holders

Ir0nSkorpIr0nSkorp Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
Hey everyone!
I have a question about NPCs and how the spawn system works. The question is derived from my first MMO, EQ. Now I know monster spawns will be influenced by node progression, but I was wondering if there would be other ways to influence spawns? For instance, back in the good ole days of EQ you would have to kill "x" amount of an NPC to spawn a "named" version of that NPC which dropped epic loot. Or if you killed a lot of, let's say orcs, then eventually it would incite an orc army to spawn and retaliate. If this is not something implemented do you think it should? Also what about rare pathers or other rare random named "elite" spawns?

Comments

• Options
    That sounds neat, but I never heard anything about that kind of system.
  • Options
    Ir0nSkorpIr0nSkorp Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Beekeeper wrote: »
    That sounds neat, but I never heard anything about that kind of system.

Never heard of the system at all? or just within AoC?
  • Options
    In AOC specifically.
  • Options
    FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    OP,
    I don't think the information has been released. However, open world dungeons may accomplish what you describe. BTW, 80% of dungeons will be open world with 20% being instanced.
  • Options
    Over1anderOver1ander Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Its definitely possible that farming in PvE will trigger related events especially with how they want hunting and node influence to work. Something that the node citizens can contribute to similar to the monster invasions.