Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will we be able to play Instruments and write songs?

Raoul9753Raoul9753 Member
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
I am basically talking about the Instrument system from ArcheAge.

The system basically worked like this: You could get blank music sheets and write down notes on them. And if you then used the music sheet, your character would use its equiped instrument and play what was on the used music sheet.

Depending on the rarity of it, yu could write more notes down. Every Character could do this and it was really popular in my guild, we even had little concerts and a small group even started making their own songs, instead of copying existing ones.

I would love to see such a system in Ashes of Creation, I think it would really add to feeling at home in the world, when you could make your own music.

Heres a Video, not from me, not my Guild, but a good example of what the music system in ArcheAge was capable of.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw--Ac34gbM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9XonwCemQs

Comments

• Options
    We don't know if such a system will make it. I think they've mentioned it once or twice, but there has been no follow up info.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2020
    The Shawzin in Warframe is probably the best implementation of a musicinstrument in a game ever:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu4GuZ7cWM0&list=PLxGyqfzy6iRr5kg2BfUZ_f5KgawzyWWZY
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    I didnt know that other games had that too, but knowing it makes me really happy :)

Music is a wonderfull thing.
  • Options
    lunarskylunarsky Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think it's probable Bards will be able to play instruments even outside of combat for entertainment purposes but not sure about other classes.
    signature.png
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    lunarsky wrote: »
    I think it's probable Bards will be able to play instruments even outside of combat for entertainment purposes but not sure about other classes.

They already said that that wont be the case sadly :/
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    lunarskylunarsky Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    lunarsky wrote: »

They already said that that wont be the case sadly :/

Really? Hmm I couldn't place where I thought I heard they could but I guess I am wrong. I checked the wiki and didn't see anything about it. That's a shame.
    signature.png
  • Options
    YuyukoyayYuyukoyay Member
    edited August 2020
    They should release a system similar to ocarina of time for it. That one is so simple that it probably take like 3 days to implement it. If they ever put it in though it should be bard only.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    I support this. Maplestory 2 had an excellent music system. Was very fun