Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Market / Player Store / Stall - Kinda like it, kinda don't - ohhh sweet dilemma

novercalisnovercalis Member, Founder, Kickstarter
Granted Stalls and AH are tied to the Economy node - low key, I love to see a return of EQ Bazaar at the tunnel type of thing.

A community event that happens every Sunday at a specific location where players sells/trade items.

then again I've also been a sucker for original Ragnarok Stalls as well.

Auction House - kinda wish they dont have it, yet at the same time - every AH game, I am a goblin and have gotten stupid rich buying and selling and controlling the market. I have a knack for this (stock trader profession lol) - so i dont mind getting filthy rich in this game too.

I'd love for the community driven aspect tho - I freaking loved Everquest Bazaar at the EC tunnel. So much socializing, trading, scamming, random gryffon train griefing - it was great, so much memories from those then looking at my numbers and mail via AH.

Even Ragnarok stalls had some aspect of the EQ tunnel.

Definitely not a fan of offline Stalls still working or not being there.
If at all - I shouldnt have a NPC running my store. I would go with UO route - I stock my store up - you can come in, if I am sold out, I am sold out. Did kinda like that feature. Players Home also had their goods on display. You would have to run into the country to find their homes, shop around and hope they stocked up on the stuff you needed. Because of that, I got to see some awesome home decoration / designs too.
But having a NPC run my store when I am not there --- please remove that function.
Keep the game based on socializing and being present.
{UPK} United Player Killer - All your loot belongs to us.

Comments

• Options
    NelsonRebelNelsonRebel Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    Im not sure AoC has a universal market AH. I'm fairly sure only a specific node type with investment from the mayor will get that ability for merchants to sell that way in the node.

Similar to how Steven states research nodes would be the only one with the ability for a mayor to create buildings for fast travel withing a node but only for a limited amount of in-node spots.

Either way I'm interested to see how the economy pans out, since crafting will be very interdependent this may very well be the first mmo to peak my interest in cultivating a market interest with crafting.

Every other game I just made for myself what I wanted, but I doubt (from what was stated) that we'll have the same ability in this
  • Options
    yeah I mentioned the economic node will have an AH
  • Options
    would be nice to get bonuses for been present sellin ur own stuff bc honestly the game is so complete that u can do many stuff and the time is something to take in importance
  • Options
    IDK how I feel about that. The bonus should be, you have a store open that you are there, you are getting income. Thus a part of me don't want to see an AH in a economic node. I'd rather have the social interaction and competitive battle of selling my wares among other sellers. If I am not there to sell my stuff - I lose out on making money and/or seeing item being devalued over time.
  • Options
    ZhabZhab Member
    Well I imagine that stuff will be sold and traded outside of economic nodes as well. So if you want sell and trade without AH you could ?
  • Options
    There is 3 type of trading that i know, RO style stalls, AH or spam chat style... I like AH best so I will probably move to economic metro as soon as it is up and running.
  • Options
    AH is just a QoL and most people will prefer it unfortunately. thus we get to miss out on the EQ style of Market ala - everyone on sunday moved to a certain zone - East Common and met up at the tunnels to buy/sell wares.
    It was a community event and it was awesome. The tunnel was an everyday thing for you to sell but Sunday was when almost the entire zone would come over.

Stalls are great too but I dont like the AFK stall or stalls that is run by NPC and you dont need to be there concept. I like the RO stall - its only up as long as you're there trying to sell your wares. It still gives the same feel as the EQ Tunnel Bazaar.

AH removes all of that social aspect.
  • Options
    From what i got all Auction Houses have only access to items within their own note.
    Only the tier 6 economic note may get the ability to link with Auction houses of adjustment notes.

As for the offline store im all for it as it reminds me of Ragnarok online.
    Hundrets of stalls in the market and player going throu them hoping to find some cheap stuff.
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • Options
    EmoNaggerEmoNagger Member
    edited August 2020
    *edit* deleted
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Stalls are not tied to Economic nodes

Shops are tied to Economic Nodes

All nodes can have stalls where players can sell goods, provided the mayor builds the Marketplace constructable.

The marketplace is usable by all Nodes
    The Market is the Economic Node specific unique building

If you want to watch Steven go over this, he does so here: https://youtu.be/zWguiuv9iyY?t=3305
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101