Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Epic Game store Exclusive for Ashes of Creation?

I read a reddit post where someone said the dev's verified that the game will NOT be on steam, and it appears it has it's own launcher which is great. But I just want to make sure it won't go EGS because it is using Unreal 4 which means they will have to pay a royalty fee to Epic for using the Engine unless they go on EGS.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    KearavainKearavain Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Last I heard it was a separate client and self published - like most mmorpgs. Personally, Steam, Epic Store, and Windows Store just add too much unwanted extra overhead to mmorpgs.
  • Options
    Kearavain wrote: »
    Last I heard it was a separate client and self published - like most mmorpgs. Personally, Steam, Epic Store, and Windows Store just add too much unwanted extra overhead to mmorpgs.

I figured, I just didn't want to invest a lot of time learning about and waiting for this game for them to announce EGS at the end and just burn down any goodwill they had.

• Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I heard that the game was already paid for before Kickstarter by Steve, and having no box price is his gift to the community. I would not imagine that epic game store is not going to try take a percentage of free. It would make more sense for them to just not be willing to host a free game. I also don't think that they are going to do anything that would allow epic to take a percentage of the sub fee and MTX.

I don't think we have to worry about this. I would be shocked to learn that the game is an Epic Exclusive.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    This game will be published by Intrepid (my.com contracted by Intrepid in EU).