Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

The Mount System.

I wanted to ask if you guys will ever make the mount system like a "Spawn" then "Mount" not Mount on spawn.... Will that ever happen?

What do you guys think? Instead of you guys Mount spawning mounted right away, what if the mounts spawn in near you (And will follow you, if you move away) and then you are able to mount it.

I know ArcheAge fans know exactly what i'm talking about. Honestly, thats the only think I thought of when I saw gameplay, everything else is PERFECT. I can't wait!

Comments

• DayuhanDayuhan Member
    edited August 2020
    I have always hoped they will move away from the proverbial "Horse Pocket" where the mount appears and disappears. I think it would be better if the mount ran/flew/slithered/crawled in from off-screen before mounting and then ran/flew/slithered/crawled away upon dismount.

My personal preference is the mount remain present until dismissed (at which time they leave the area) but I realize in a PVP situation this could result in a large quantity of mounts, in addition to the large quantity of characters present, on screen at any one time - and the more onscreen assets that have to be tracked the more system resources (both server and client side) are needed.

Therefore my compromise is the mount "exits stage left", as Snaggletooth used to say, once they are dismounted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvEe3Y3B2cg - Horse Pocket Reference
  • I wasn't exactly talking about that. I was saying like a mount that, yes you do spawn it in, but you aren't immediately already mounted on it. It's kinda like spawning a PET that follows you, but you can mount it to increase your movement speed. If you've ever played ArcheAge or looked up Videos of the MMO you'd understand more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX21JK2VSbo
    go to 4:24 of the video and you'll see them mounting it after spawning it in.
  • If you want a mount, as a pet, why not get a mule? They add storage. No, you "might" not be able to ride one, as a mount. But, you get your mount pet following you, and storage.
  • DayuhanDayuhan Member
    edited August 2020
    Mark Blues wrote: »
    I wasn't exactly talking about that. I was saying like a mount that, yes you do spawn it in, but you aren't immediately already mounted on it. It's kinda like spawning a PET that follows you, but you can mount it to increase your movement speed. If you've ever played ArcheAge or looked up Videos of the MMO you'd understand more.

Mark Blues, I agree with you on the mount/dismount mechanic, but I would still like the mount to wander in from off-screen rather than just appear when you summon it - unless it is an obviously extra-planar mount summoned in which case appearing and disappearing would be normal.
  • Hi there - you can check out more on where we've talked about dismounting and having your mount follow you around in the helpful community-run wiki here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Mounts#Mount_abilities_and_stats

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything else we can help out with in the meantime!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.