Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Some questions

I just found this game and im trying to find as many details as possible of it because it seems like what i needed by an mmorpg.
Here are some questions, and if they were answered , just be patient with me :persevere:

A) Is is fully open world? I mean, REALLY open world, like Archeage, for example? No loading screens except for when you get in game?
B) Can you swim? Can you dive? Can you fight underwater? Can you explore underwater? Is the diving process instant or it has loading like FF14? Will there be underwater exploration content?
C) Is there fishing and will it be like a minigame like in Archeage? Or you just throw your rod and fish?
D) Are there factions in game? Or you create factions in the form of Guild warfare?
E) Since you know i love Archeage, but i have played for years and years games like WoW, Swtor, FF14, etc. Is there a housing system and is it immersed in the game world or instanced? I HATE HATE HATE instanced things, it breaks immersion. If yes, is it like FF14 or Archeage? Housing in FF14, while instanced, its very detailed and i liked that.
F) Is there any plans to have ship building or naval warfare? Ive seen the world map and it could be perfect for that since theres a lot of water.
G) Is character progression based on talents, or something else? Can you change the class in one character or it will require alts? I despise Alt based games like WoW. And the FF14 and Archeage idea of that you can be whatever class you like in 1 character, and you only have to worry about the gear, is perfect for me.

Thats all i can think of now. Thanks for all the potential answers :)

Comments

• Options
    A. Yes
    B. Yes, no loading.
    C. https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Fishing
    D. No ingame factions. That's the players job.
    E. https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_housing
    F. Yes for both.
    G. https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Classes
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited October 2020
    If it's helpful, here are a couple of places to get some good info:

- AoC Wiki
    - Jahlon (Paradox) New Player Info

The Ashes 101 series are an excellent source of facts, and not too long.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    Guys, i cant believe this.
    This game is everything i wanted from an mmorpg. Im 31yo and ive passed through many disappointments. I pray and hope this game does well and releases with no issues!!

Do we have any potential release date? Im itching to preorder it, but the last game i preordered was Blessed Online :/ and im afraid
  • Options
    No, the game is still in pre-alpha. You can gain access to pre-prod testing phases with some of the founder packs in the shop.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    XIV Words wrote: »
    Guys, i cant believe this.
    This game is everything i wanted from an mmorpg. Im 31yo and ive passed through many disappointments. I pray and hope this game does well and releases with no issues!!

Do we have any potential release date? Im itching to preorder it, but the last game i preordered was Blessed Online :/ and im afraid

Welcome to the hype train. There's no brakes on this thing.
  • Options
    Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Www.ashes101.com is where you need to visit.
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited October 2020
    Im itching to preorder it, but the last game i preordered was Blessed Online :/ and im afraid

I'm a 'Star Trek: Online' "lifetime subscriber", having paid a few hundred before release. Think how disappointed I am..... :(

Once bitten, twice shy.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Im itching to preorder it, but the last game i preordered was Blessed Online :/ and im afraid

I'm a 'Star Trek: Online' "lifetime subscriber", having paid a few hundred before release. Think how disappointed I am..... :(

Once bitten, twice shy.

Spent over 150 dollars on the Silver founder pack for Archeage myself. Almost worth the 2 months the game was not p2w. almost
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
  • Options
    Sathrago wrote: »

Once bitten, twice shy.

Spent over 150 dollars on the Silver founder pack for Archeage myself. Almost worth the 2 months the game was not p2w. almost

They ended up making STO free to play. So I could have just waited a while and played for free, and then got bored and left, rather than spending so much money first. Sad times. :(
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options

Once bitten, twice shy.

They ended up making STO free to play. So I could have just waited a while and played for free, and then got bored and left, rather than spending so much money first. Sad times. :(

its ok brother. they can't hurt you anymore.Sad-Pepe-The-Frog-PNG-Transparent-Picture.png

• Options

Once bitten, twice shy.

Archeage is the game that speaks to my soul. Although the company SUCKS, the game features are everything I need in an mmorpg. I can't count how many hours I spent on my fishing boat fishing and deep sea exploring. This, is what I want from my game, this absolute freedom.

And as I can see, Ashes gives that.

Now I only have to take the leap of faith and trust the company and pre-order it.
  • Options

Once bitten, twice shy.

Archeage is the game that speaks to my soul. Although the company SUCKS, the game features are everything I need in an mmorpg. I can't count how many hours I spent on my fishing boat fishing and deep sea exploring. This, is what I want from my game, this absolute freedom.

Now I only have to take the leap of faith and trust the company and pre-order it.

Bro speakin my lingo here. I was one of the first to get that beautiful fishing boat on my server. The S.S. Cage.

<3
    This was my image for its plaque.
    61J6lZTG8PL._AC_SY679_.jpg
  • Options
    BricktopBricktop Member
    edited October 2020

Once bitten, twice shy.

Do it. Don't let your dreams be dreams. I'm very similar to you and I enjoyed a lot of aspects of Archeage as well. The thing that really sold me personally were the similarities to Lineage 2. Ashes is the last chance for a halfway decent open world MMO. Take the leap of faith. I can't wait to get into Alpha and start testing some stuff. Feel free to PM me any new questions you have about this amazing looking game.