Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What do you secretly hope to see the most from Alpha 1?

When I ask this question, I don't mean something you realistically expect to see. Something akin to a guilty pleasure, what would be the one thing you really hope to see during Alpha 1, within the bounds of still being possible (like not being confirmed to not be in Alpha 1 or things that don't seem to be possible until certain other things are implemented). Personally, I'm not really sure what I want to see the most, since I want to see it all, maybe the full size of one of the castles and how 250v250 combat can look like even in Alpha 1.

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would have to say the summoner class or monster coins
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    KuldjuxKuldjux Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Crafting system
    BamUhO9_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ranger, Fighter, Bard and Rogue gameplay.
    No one likes Summoners. ;D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »

Well I believe I speak for nagash when I say you are now on both our S**t lists. Lol jk

As for OP, I want to see what they have fleshed out for fishing, ship making, and the classes. Especially shadowmancer, brood warden, and necromancer.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited October 2020
    I'd like to see a bit more about Animal Husbandry. Maybe some cross-bred animals.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    progress
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    I'd like to see a bit more about Animal Husbandry. Maybe some cross-bred animals.

I'm the same as Davey. Taming and breeding is where I'm gonna spend a lot of my time outside of PvP and levelling, and it is also a vocation that is often overlooked or not quite done properly. Very keen to see how it is handled.
  • Options
    arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    I hope the classes will be decently fleshed out, so that we can start to give more detailed feedback for those :)
  • Options
    Me playing it
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    I'd really like to see the travel time/scale for the map area available to the testers in addition to a caravan.

In terms of the classes above this A1 is going to have Tank, Mage, Ranger, Fighter and Cleric which was confirmed by Steven recently. In the same interview I believe he said levels 1-20 would be available during A1.
    Tyrantor
    Master Assassin
    (Yes same Tyrantor from Shadowbane)
    Book suggestions:
    Galaxy Outlaws books 1-16.5, Metagamer Chronicles, The Land litrpg series, Ready Player One, Zen in the Martial Arts
  • Options
    Tyrantor wrote: »
    levels 1-20 would be available during A1.

So, no augments :(
  • Options
    Doggos and the ability to pet them.
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack

We've known for a long time that there won't be any classes in A1. We won't be getting classes till A2.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    Talents wrote: »

We've known for a long time that there won't be any classes in A1. We won't be getting classes till A2.

Still sad, though :(
  • Options
    The classes will most likely be too unfinished to predict anything. The Beta will tell much more in that regard.

I am much more exited for the world, nodes mechanics and combat in general.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Dual wield skills
  • Options
    Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Per Jalon's interview with Steven, the five archetypes will be the cleric, mage, fighter, ranger, and tank for alpha1.
  • Options
    Balrog21 wrote: »
    Per Jalon's interview with Steven, the five archetypes will be the cleric, mage, fighter, ranger, and tank for alpha1.

WELL!! STEVEN IS WRONG T_T I want muh summonerz.

giphy.gif
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    A few things:
    • How does the game perform under load?
    • Nodes advancing and falling back, and the relationship between nodes as they advance (master, vassal, etc)
    • Pushing on the player flagging system at scale (adjusting timers to see impacts)
    • Pushing on the corruption system at scale (adjusting timers to see impacts)
    • Freehold placement at scale - and freehold advancement (if it's ready)
    • Caravan dynamics (if ready)
    • Buff Rangers
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    realKiza wrote: »
    I don't mean something you realistically expect to see. Something akin to a guilty pleasure,

hilarious bugs & creative exploitations, condensed into an ultra funny youtube clip when NDA's over.

hey, the earlier you find the bugs, the better. that's what tests are for.
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I don't mean something you realistically expect to see. Something akin to a guilty pleasure,

hilarious bugs & creative exploitations, condensed into an ultra funny youtube clip when NDA's over.

I would LOVE to see these shenanigans
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options

Can't wait till someone trips over nothing and dies.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    The main thing I want to see in A1 is the basis for a solid and enjoyable combat system.

It doesn't need to be fully fleshed out, but if combat is not enjoyable in A1, it won't be enjoyable when the game goes live. And if the combat itself isn't enjoyable, what's the point in the game?

As far as I am concerned, everything else can wait until A2 - or even beta.
  • Options
    MaezrielMaezriel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Lots of people here asking for things way beyond the goals of the A1.

I want to see stable servers capable of handling hundreds of players in small areas all blasting their spells.

Prove that the 250v250, or better the 500v500, combat is physically possible w/o it becoming a PowerPoint presentation or outright crashing and I'll consider the A1 an outstanding success.

Everything else can get built up during the A2 when we have even more players capable of testing things and giving nuanced feedback.
    ZeFuP1X.png
    If I said something that you disagree w/ feel free to say so here.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Maezriel wrote: »

Prove that the 250v250, or better the 500v500, combat is physically possible w/o it becoming a PowerPoint presentation or outright crashing and I'll consider the A1 an outstanding success.

I would think that this was something to work towards, rather than being something ready to go for alpha 1.

I wouldn't expect any more than 40v40 to be viable in A1, but for Intrepid to work on improving itall during alpha and beta.
  • Options
    Maezriel wrote: »
    When I ask this question, I don't mean something you realistically expect to see.
  • Options
    RaytekuRayteku Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What do I secretly hope to see in Alpha 1? I would have to say "Secrets"... hidden items or quests. A cave behind a waterfall that has a legendary sword in the stone? A simple peasant asks for help and if you provide aid he reveals himself to be a deity who will now help you on your journey? Or any other cool exploration type hidden gems.
  • Options
    Cold 0ne FTBCold 0ne FTB Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    arsnn wrote: »
    I hope the classes will be decently fleshed out, so that we can start to give more detailed feedback for those :)
    Nagash wrote: »

I just want to see the classes in a more developed state but know from the most recent Jahlon interview with Steven (highly recommend watching if you haven't) only certain ones will be present. We will likely have to wait for alpha 2 for the rest. I think for sure we are getting ranger, cleric, fighter, mage but can't remember for sure.
    ZxbhjES.gif

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.
  • Options
    arsnn wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »

I just want to see the classes in a more developed state but know from the most recent Jahlon interview with Steven (highly recommend watching if you haven't) only certain ones will be present. We will likely have to wait for alpha 2 for the rest. I think for sure we are getting ranger, cleric, fighter, mage but can't remember for sure.

This...was one of the most disappointing things to hear. I was really expecting the base classes to be released by alpha 1 (in its earliest iteration). The fact this was skimmed over was even more disappointing. It is a cop out to release the base classes in later stages of alpha 1. It was one of the main reasons why people were so hyped about seeing alpha 1 in December. It is now going to be many more months until we see anything especially since alpha 1 which was supposed to not have a nda now is under nda for the first couple of stages. Congratulations, you met your deadline I guess?
  • Options
    I hope to see some abilities from APOC like catfall and miasma/darkness. The current ones seem to be mostly tab targeted. Want to see some creativity basically d:
    signature.png