Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Importance of race chosen?

PlutonPluton Member
edited November 2020 in General Discussion
Does this game have racial abilities or something a race can do better than others? Are some classes race locked maybe?

Comments

• Options
    McShaveMcShave Member
    edited November 2020
    There will be no race or gender locking to classes. the different races will have unique spell augmentations as well as base stats, but the base stats won't be so significant that it will force you to go certain classes. If you're not familiar with the augmentation system, i recommend checking it out here

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Augments

tl;dr of augments: it changes your primary archetype's abilities do have different effects.
  • Options
    as far as we know so far:

Races provide different racial stat seed and different augments.
    We don't know what they are yet.
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Go with Orc. They have a special race bonus of being Orc and looking cooler than everyone else who did not choose Orc.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The one true race is Tulnar. We didnt run away. We stayed and thrived. The others now come back after it got "safe" and they want to "reclaim" their stuff. FINDERS KEEPERS SUCKERS, THATS OUR STUFF NOW!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    The one true race is Tulnar. We didnt run away. We stayed and thrived. The others now come back after it got "safe" and they want to "reclaim" their stuff. FINDERS KEEPERS SUCKERS, THATS OUR STUFF NOW!

Pffffft. It's not even a real "race". Dirty bunch of Morlocks.....
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Dirty Morlock much better then Forest Vulcans.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Try saying that when you are in the deep under relm
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    ExtermicideExtermicide Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    LOL :) You guys really crack me up with some of the comments. I love this community, and you guys
    always manage to make me smile with some of the off-the-wall comments!

I made a overview of the RACES video that is doing well - if anyone is interested.
    Love Ya Guys!
    https://youtu.be/3XA5QcKbxLQ
    ZJ0OYf9.png
    WATCH & SUBSCRIBE TO ME ON: Twitch --- YouTube --- PLAY: Ashes Of Creation
  • Options

Maybe the Tulnar should rise up and keep these interlopers and usurpers from taking the land back! Queek! Tulnar, Tulnar, Tulnar! We will teach you above worlders to abandon us!
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    Maybe the Tulnar should rise up and keep these interlopers and usurpers from taking the land back! Queek! Tulnar, Tulnar, Tulnar! We will teach you above worlders to abandon us!

I'd be careful. It may be the only reason you 'rise up' is because of a certain necromancer, who shall remain unnamed... >:)

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    CROW3 wrote: »

I'd be careful. It may be the only reason you 'rise up' is because of a certain necromancer, who shall remain unnamed... >:)

Trust me the only thing I would turn the tulnar into is ammunition for my catapults
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    CROW3 wrote: »

Or they'll 'rise up' when they see another elephant or snake.....
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I see plenty of Heresy in this discussion. Better not let the Emperor of Tulnarkind hear of this.
    ajX0ZDg_700b.jpg
    You+must+login+to+view+this+comment+_9803412fa5b3b8381a168727b749a042.jpg

And yes, Tulnar/Skaven are kind of Humanity from Warhammer 40K:
    1. We live in giant hive cities
    2. Our warriors are either a horde of poorly armed soldiers with heavy weapons or giant mutated piles of metal and flesh that blast/burn/stomp every enemy out of existence with holy fervour
    3. We believe in a giant god that was once alive, but now is pretty much dead
    4. We rightfully hate every other race and only cooperate under specific circumstances
    5. We use some crazy stuff as weaponry (Adrasite and Pyrithite comparable to Warpstone)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    I see plenty of Heresy in this discussion. Better not let the Emperor of Tulnarkind hear of this.
    ajX0ZDg_700b.jpg
    You+must+login+to+view+this+comment+_9803412fa5b3b8381a168727b749a042.jpg

And yes, Tulnar/Skaven are kind of Humanity from Warhammer 40K:
    1. We live in giant hive cities
    2. Our warriors are either a horde of poorly armed soldiers with heavy weapons or giant mutated piles of metal and flesh that blast/burn/stomp every enemy out of existence with holy fervour
    4. We rightfully hate every other race and only cooperate under specific circumstances
    5. We use some crazy stuff as weaponry (Adrasite and Pyrithite comparable to Warpstone)

0aa.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

That's the Great Horny Rat, right? Is he the one that started the interbreeding?
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    -Wait Hold up.

@daveywavey are you a mouse or a what?
    double identity?
    What's going on?

How are you going to fight the rat vs mouse war without being a mouse in-game?
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    maouw wrote: »
    -Wait Hold up.

double identity?
    What's going on?

Mouse through and through.

In-game, I'll be using a little-known trick that we mice have, where we can take on the appearance of another species in order to infiltrate their societies.

Don't tell anyone I told you...
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited November 2020
    daveywavey wrote: »
    -Wait Hold up.

double identity?
    What's going on?

In-game, I'll be using a little-known trick that we mice have, where we can take on the appearance of another species in order to infiltrate their societies.

Dont let this fool trick you. He takes all he owns from rats. Even his "appearance of other races".
    giphy.gif
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sathrago wrote: »
    -Wait Hold up.

double identity?
    What's going on?

Dont let this fool trick you. He takes all he owns from rats. Even his "appearance of other races".
    giphy.gif

AGH!
    This movie.
    Everytime I see it, I seethe.
    I would just be really mad if someone spent the whole day pulling my hair to make me do stuff.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    I would just be really mad if someone spent the whole day pulling my hair to make me do stuff.

Some people pay top dollar for that.
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »

Try saying that when you are in the deep under relm

I second this! ;D I was thinking recently about how foreign and dangerous it 'could' be for non-Tulnar to travel the Under Realm. I could see all Tulnar being unhappy about trespassers wandering about in their 'territory.'

Steven Sharif is my James Halliday (Anorak)

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.”

-HPL
  • Options
    Crosim wrote: »

Some people pay top dollar for that.

That's hot.

Steven Sharif is my James Halliday (Anorak)

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.”

-HPL
  • Options

That's the Great Horny Rat, right? Is he the one that started the interbreeding?

Careful what sacrilege you speak cousin (we are ALL rodents so.....) lest the Great Horned Rat visit you. He did ask me for your address. :*
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited November 2020

Careful what sacrilege you speak cousin (we are ALL rodents so.....) lest the Great Horned Rat visit you. He did ask me for your address. :*

Oh no! The Great Horny Rat is coming?!

I'd better find the lube......

:p:D
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Oh no! The Great Horny Rat is coming?!

I'd better find the lube......

:p:D

Great Horny Rat :'D .
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    ECFzgU3XsAYKjGH.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

WE should be nice to our new neighbors. It's not their fault their ancestor's were weak and cowardly.
    Now they just want to come hang with the cool kids. Who can blame them after all it is a...Verra nice neighborhood.

And besides if they get to squirrely Steven said it was ok to burn their houses down.(Darn noisy warm bloods anyway)
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.