Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Chapter Two: The Mysterious Gem

edited November 2020 in General Discussion
jta2-1920x1080.png

The mountains call to us, so we head west! Along the path, we spot an object glimmering in a nearby pile of brush - it’s a deep orange jewel! 🤔

What should we do?
💎 Take the jewel, but continue on our current path.
❓ Take the jewel and find answers in the next town.
community_management.gif

Chapter Two: The Mysterious Gem 143 votes

💎 Take the jewel, but continue on our current path.
44% 63 votes
❓ Take the jewel and find answers in the next town.
55% 80 votes

Comments

• I take the jewel no matter the circumstance?

Perfect...it's probably cursed. Now I'm cursed! :s

I mean, why would someone toss out a perfectly-fine jewel? They wouldn't. Unless it was cursed. I'm probably going to grow scaly skin or my appendages will begin to slough off. Wonderful..... -_-

Steven Sharif is my James Halliday (Anorak)

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.”

-HPL
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If we go to the town we will get robbed so let's burn the town down and carry on
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • 2. Take the Jewel, find answers in the next town.
  • Hopefully we can "liberate" some more jewels from the town!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • AndrewFrAndrewFr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Answers always help, and if the jewel doesnt curse us it might fetch a decent price.
  • AndrewFr wrote: »
    Answers always help, and if the jewel doesnt curse us it might fetch a decent price.

If it is cursed (as I suspect it may be), let's rub it on some of the towns-folk we pass by. Why should we suffer alone?! We can all be scaly and falling apart together! <3

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

-HPL
  • OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    tis the a sign, that the king's right to rule is divine.
  • LexLex Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Why isn't take the Jewel 💎 then gamble it at Lex's Lelfling Lounge an option?

unknown.png
    fe85sq6n7wyu.png
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I stand there looking at the jewel sparkle in the sun and look around to see if anyone dropped it. There's no one in sight. No dead bodies, nothing. Just a nice orange jewel. I poke it with my spear, then pick it up, dust it off, and put it in my leather pouch. Then I continue on the path. I don't know where I'm going since I wanted to go to the forest but something is calling me to come this way. As a follower of the god of fate I know whatever awaits me is my destiny.
    fNX2ISa.png

• VirulentVirulent Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The mountain is the priority, we must go there at once! We don't want to squander time diverting to a town to ask about the gem. We'll lose 2 days time! Onward to the mountains!
  • I'm probably going to grow scaly skin or my appendages will begin to slough off.

Whoa whoa whoa...what's with the hate for the Tulnar and the undead?!
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Hopefully we can "liberate" some more jewels from the town!

Just don't let the guards catch you, you corrupt one! 😈
    community_management.gif
  • sunfrog wrote: »
    I stand there looking at the jewel sparkle in the sun and look around to see if anyone dropped it. There's no one in sight. No dead bodies, nothing. Just a nice orange jewel. I poke it with my spear, then pick it up, dust it off, and put it in my leather pouch. Then I continue on the path. I don't know where I'm going since I wanted to go to the forest but something is calling me to come this way. As a follower of the god of fate I know whatever awaits me is my destiny.

I like how you personalize the community choices/directions as a narration of your own character story.
    Fun to read. :smiley:

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

-HPL
  • Lex wrote: »
    Why isn't take the Jewel 💎 then gamble it at Lex's Lelfling Lounge an option?

unknown.png

I've heard rumors that Lex's Lelfling Lounge is rigged. The House always wins. Like...always-always.

Shifty Elves. Can't be trusted.

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

-HPL
  • Whoa whoa whoa...what's with the hate for the Tulnar

Cos they're dirty?
  • mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    If we go to the town we will get robbed so let's burn the town down and carry on

giphy.gif
    E6qgOoi.png
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I take the jewel and continue on to my destination, but if a town is on the way I would naturally stop and see what's what in a sly way, not giving out that I possess a possibily desirable gem.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• I'm probably going to grow scaly skin or my appendages will begin to slough off.

Actually... ;) I <3 the Tulnar. But I want to be fuzzy, not scaly. :mrgreen:

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

-HPL
  • KuldjuxKuldjux Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Go to the town. Seek answers, have a jug or two of ale.
    BamUhO9_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm probably going to grow scaly skin or my appendages will begin to slough off.

The hate is deserved to be fair
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace

What makes you somehow think that there won't be an option to be "fuzzy"? Just because the silhouettes have been more reptilian in nature doesn't mean that will be the only option. How boring if all Tulnar were just reptiles, might as well just reveal them now since that's not very unique or a good representation of all the races left behind.

Of course if you mean fuzzy in the teddybear sort of way....the door is thatta way! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And what's with all you do gooders?! Haven't you seen the Brady Bunch?! You start asking questions and the owner of the gem will likely turn up to claim it, giving you some token reward for finding it for them.

We keeps it for ourselves! And look, we ARE headed to the mountains after all!
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • KuldjuxKuldjux Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    I'm probably going to grow scaly skin or my appendages will begin to slough off.

What makes you somehow think that there won't be an option to be "fuzzy"? Just because the silhouettes have been more reptilian in nature doesn't mean that will be the only option. How boring if all Tulnar were just reptiles, might as well just reveal them now since that's not very unique or a good representation of all the races left behind.

Of course if you mean fuzzy in the teddybear sort of way....the door is thatta way! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And what's with all you do gooders?! Haven't you seen the Brady Bunch?! You start asking questions and the owner of the gem will likely turn up to claim it, giving you some token reward for finding it for them.

Curses don't normally give you a choice.
    BamUhO9_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • PlagueMonk wrote: »

Cos there'll be a secret door in the mountains that this gem opens, and the only way we'll know how to use it is by speaking to the old, bearded librarian in the town!
  • To the nearest town! (Of course, its in the forest, but ignore that!)
  • Kuldjux wrote: »
    Go to the town. Seek answers, have a jug or two of ale.

Any more jugs beyond that and you might awaken to find your precious new jewel missing already! 🤣
    community_management.gif
  • PlagueMonk wrote: »

What makes you somehow think that there won't be an option to be "fuzzy"? Just because the silhouettes have been more reptilian in nature doesn't mean that will be the only option.

I wasn't actually implying that I thought all Tulnar would be reptilian. I've read what little is available on the wiki about the race and heard in interviews about the planned appearance of the Tulnar.

:) So yes, I do know about the fur options for Tulnar. And that's what I'm angling to explore on the Character Creator. I like the idea of Twitch (LoL)/Skeksis/Skaven sort of look. Or, more preferable; wolf-like appearance options.

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

-HPL
  • Why bother stopping for answers in the town? After all, isn't it more of an adventure if you're carrying some accursed item, without knowing it?
  • The gem is orange. Orange is the color of fire. Fire is used to cook soup. Soup is served at the inn. Inn's are in a town. To the town!
  • Vashramire wrote: »
    The gem is orange. Orange is the color of fire. Fire is used to cook soup. Soup is served at the inn. Inn's are in a town. To the town!

Can't argue with that logic!
  • mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2020
    Everyone all worried about them selves and no one asking who might have dropped it. Some poor old lady down on her last bit of luck. About to lose her house. Husband died of the pox last winter. Kids died in the last node war. Land lord said if she didn't make rent they kick her out and keep her things. Decided to sell the family jewel and lost it on her way to the market.

you heartless jerks...
    E6qgOoi.png
  • Continue on. Jewels are just a pretty distraction. Personally I would have left it in the dust. We should not let every knick-knack we find on the way divert us.