Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Chapter Two: The Mysterious Gem

Comments

• daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited November 2020
    Dayuhan wrote: »
    Continue on. Jewels are just a pretty distraction. Personally I would have left it in the dust. We should not let every knick-knack we find on the way divert us.

Whaaaaat?! What is this craziness?!

This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Dayuhan wrote: »
    Continue on. Jewels are just a pretty distraction. Personally I would have left it in the dust. We should not let every knick-knack we find on the way divert us.

Glittering gold, trinkets and baubles, paid for in blood.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Take the gem - be prepared for this 'town' to take it back.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • CorceCorce Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Grab n go. That's my jewel now and ain't nobody gotta know about it.
  • AmarAmar Member
    edited November 2020
    Take the gem... Use a Rogue stelth to listen quietly at the local tavern to listen for rumors about it. If we don't get any good information then quietly move the party along on our original path... Shhhh... Give me a day before moving on with the gem. If I'm not back I've been found out and the outcome wasn't good...
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    I'm probably going to grow scaly skin or my appendages will begin to slough off.

Whoa whoa whoa...what's with the hate for the Tulnar and the undead?!

Actually... ;) I <3 the Tulnar. But I want to be fuzzy, not scaly. :mrgreen:

The hate is deserved to be fair

More like Jealousy!
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
    I'm probably going to grow scaly skin or my appendages will begin to slough off.

The hate is deserved to be fair

More like Jealousy!

Well jealousy of the undead maybe but no the tulnar
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Mysterious orange gem? Bring it to me, I will give you a good price. How about 5 silver pieces?
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Sell the jewel!
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • mrwaffles wrote: »
    Everyone all worried about them selves and no one asking who might have dropped it. Some poor old lady down on her last bit of luck. About to lose her house. Husband died of the pox last winter. Kids died in the last node war. Land lord said if she didn't make rent they kick her out and keep her things. Decided to sell the family jewel and lost it on her way to the market.

you heartless jerks...

See! I told you the jewel was cursed!

Steven Sharif is my James Halliday (Anorak)

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.”

-HPL
  • voidshadow wrote: »
    Sell the jewel!

Yes. We need supplies and a mule to carry them. A weapon to defend ourselves with would be nice.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Damokles wrote: »
    Mysterious orange gem? Bring it to me, I will give you a good price. How about 5 silver pieces?

No, you fools! The elves have a better price, of 5 silver pieces and one copper piece! Head back to the forest, as the elves would love to have that!
  • SathragoSathrago Member
    edited November 2020
    Yeah sorry the last thing I would do is walk into a random town declaring that I just found this shiny gem.

Do you want to be shanked in an ally-way and left for dead? Because that's how you get shanked in an ally-way and left for dead.

Press on!
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • I take the jewel no matter the circumstance?

Perfect...it's probably cursed. Now I'm cursed! :s

I mean, why would someone toss out a perfectly-fine jewel? They wouldn't. Unless it was cursed. I'm probably going to grow scaly skin or my appendages will begin to slough off. Wonderful..... -_-

You might lose your jewels for grabbing the jewel!
    Damokles wrote: »

No, you fools! The elves have a better price, of 5 silver pieces and one copper piece! Head back to the forest, as the elves would love to have that!

No elf can work gems like a Tulnar can! There was a reason that you had to go to the dwarfs for any metal/gemwork!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    If you take it to town *someone* will try to murder you for it. Actionable, yes, but there is better lore in the cave where said jewel unlocks the
  • PlagueMonk wrote: »

What makes you somehow think that there won't be an option to be "fuzzy"? Just because the silhouettes have been more reptilian in nature doesn't mean that will be the only option.

I wasn't actually implying that I thought all Tulnar would be reptilian. I've read what little is available on the wiki about the race and heard in interviews about the planned appearance of the Tulnar.

:) So yes, I do know about the fur options for Tulnar. And that's what I'm angling to explore on the Character Creator. I like the idea of Twitch (LoL)/Skeksis/Skaven sort of look. Or, more preferable; wolf-like appearance options.

Ah good good, we welcome our Lupine brother to the Tulnar collective!
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited November 2020
    Why would I want to bother the townfolk with my new jewel? They'll probably just say "Oh, our long lost jewel, without it we will surely all die", and want it back. True or not, the mountains call.
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I take the jewel no matter the circumstance?

Perfect...it's probably cursed. Now I'm cursed! :s

I mean, why would someone toss out a perfectly-fine jewel? They wouldn't. Unless it was cursed. I'm probably going to grow scaly skin or my appendages will begin to slough off. Wonderful..... -_-

If you don't KNOW it's cursed and just ignore it, the curse doesn't work. I am pretty sure that's how all curses work.
  • ValentineValentine Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Take the jewel and leave! If we go to the town they'll say it's a heirloom or something and be mad at us. There is no good way that will go!
  • Take the gem and carry on. The town people wont be of any help regarding this mystery. As much as I hate to admit it the dwarves in the mountains are the ones to ask. The path that I have chosen worries me I should have gone into the forest..home into more familiar terrain.
    Stoic. Tradition. Forge. :
    tumblr_my6no12Xrg1s5muieo1_500.gif
    Kappa

• What luck! I knew mountains was the right choice.
    💎 Take the jewel and continue on our current path.
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Take the jewel and leave.
    If we head to town, who is going to take us seriously if we explain "I just happened to find it." We're asking for trouble.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • maouw wrote: »
    Take the jewel and leave.
    If we head to town, who is going to take us seriously if we explain "I just happened to find it." We're asking for trouble.

"We've had this jewel in our family for generations..."
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
    I just had a thought. could we make it into a soul trap?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

edited November 2020
    I just had a thought. could we make it into a soul trap?

NO, BAD @Nagash NO NECROMANCY! Put that gem down old man and I dont want to see any of that ancient mumbo jumbo in this thread do you hear me?!?

tenor.gif?itemid=12272188
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • throw the ring ohem... gem! into the fire !
  • Maybe we'll pick up a companion in the town by luring them in with the gem....Then when we have to sacrifice something to the mountain we can keep the gem!
    Qock wrote: »
    Maybe we'll pick up a companion in the town by luring them in with the gem....Then when we have to sacrifice something to the mountain we can keep the gem!

I like this plan
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• AmarAmar Member
    edited November 2020
    I'm back. The town seems to be in an uproar judging by the local tavern drunken chatter. Seems that was the main item on the caravan heading there. Everyone is blaming someone else for how they ended up with a caravan of firs and hide but the most important thing went missing. Let's move along this can't end well...I have a feeling it might be a guardian gem to ward off attack...