Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

[EU] Noblesse Oblige - A gathering spot for solo players.

<strong><em>Noblesse Oblige</em></strong>

A guild that does not focus on progression but rather giving those who feel more comfortable outside the masses a place to meet like-minded people.

I noticed a lot of people asking about solo content on both the forums and discord. So I want to create a place (or name) where these sort of players can gather.

You will be able to play just as you always have. There is no need to get involved with everyone all the time.
But should you come across some form of hurdle that proves too challenging for a single player to overcome, you can reach out to those in a similar situation and come together to bring down that wall before each going your own way again.
You want to focus on a specific part of the game, become a master artisan or widely known warmonger instead of a jack of all trades? You can make use of each others strengths and goals. A merchant aquiring materials, the artisan making them into weapons and gear for the warmonger to charge into battle, all in exchange for money and goods, of course.

This guild is not limited to pure solo players either. If you're a small group of players you're still welcome. And if you've been a solo player but made contacts in this guild with whom you wish to keep playing together, you do not have to leaver either.

Should there be interest in such a gathering, let me know. Let's all do our best to create a place where all of us can be comfortable.

Comments

• If I were to join a guild, it would be a guild like this. Very much up my alley. I don't like being bogged down with commitments, and much prefer to come and go as I please.
  • (sorry for the bad english i am dutch and have alot to learn) first off all thank u Madnacc for creating this guild...and i agree with midnight-shadow, i wanna feel free to play and leave when i want... i got bashed on for the most stupid reasons and i am really in search for respectfull players with lots of patience. I am not a great mmorpg player because most of the time i simply dont understand it and hope people will have the time here to help me :) ..
    i hope i will meet lots of great players here! and again sorry for the bad english.
  • Not everyone enjoys a game the same way or at the same pace as everyone else and that's why I want to make this place. So that people can play at their own pace and still reach out to others who got their back when it's necessary :D

I've already met a lot of helpful people in this community, we can make this a reality.
  • Giving help is so important and i can see that that's one of the goals here, glad i found this.
  • What are u guys going to play as?
    Race?
    class?
  • This might be the one for me too.

No idea as to what I'll be playing yet, but problably a caster of sorts.
  • [quote quote=11254]What are u guys going to play as?
    Race?
    class?

[/quote]

I don't know about the race yet but as it's a fantasy I'd say probably not human, I see enough of them when I look into the mirror.

As for the class, I like melee focused characters with lots of mobility so I'm leaning to rogue or maybe fighter. I also like to tank so that's also an option but for know I want to take the more damage oriented route. Maybe something that can be played offensive but switch to tank when called for, this way I'd also be able to help out in most situation since a tank is never bad to have.
  • This is just the thing I was looking for.

In response to Angelo, the devs haven't said much about races/classes other than the game being fantasy based, however I have played melee, ranged, and tank classes before and will probably stick to ranged or tank for solo play. Wont know more till we can see some gameplay and get more info!

It will be interesting to see how a solo guild will work with the current information on how the nodes will work in the game. From what I understood, there are only a set number of nodes on each server and to build up one, another must fall. It sounds like many guilds will have to work together at one node to progress.
  • Rendezook thats true, i Should have Said what Class and race do u Like to see in The game. For me i like melee and ranged, magic classes is most of The Time not for me, give me a big hammer, axe or bow. i like dwarves warriors Or simply humans.. orc would be cool to. And I don't know how it's going to work with a solo guild but I think we can help each other when we need to.:).
  • This seems to be the guild for me to since I don't enjoy being bound by a guild but happy to help people who need help.

I'll probably play a spellsword or something involving magic and melee, and at the same time I hope to lvl my artisans skills to max within the crafting route.
  • I played mmorpgs like WoW back in vanilla and up untill Cata and I am a Keeper of Arcanic Lore for Call of Cthulhu . If this is really player driven and I read somewhere in the forums about religion being a part of the nodes, is there anyway one can dictate that?

Let's say this guild for example, it's god is one of solitude and self-preservation. A hermit crab even. Greatly fortified but once it out grows its own safety it knows when to move on. It will help other hermits, perhaps they have a bigger shell they need to move into and theirs at the time looks awfully bigger than yours. What's wrong with helping them to help yourself? It's patrons would be that of vagabonds, drifters, rough-riders, hermits, outcasts, etc. You'd get a passive bonus in crafting while in your node. Or extra incentive playing alone. Or a better incentive helping others that help you out as well.

I'm just spit balling and this is my first post on a project I know next to nothing about, and I don't have a lot of time to invest since I have such a demanding job.

If any of y'all know anything about religion in the game please reply with the links. If a dev sees this and think guild religions would be a great idea lemme know what you think too!

I'd play as a priest. Healer most likely. If there was a dark arts or eldritch or whatever nightmare version of that would be exist then I'd prolly make a toon.
  • Delkama my English isn't that good so I don't know if u mean if somebody can confirm there is a religion part in the game? because I think there is I copied this from this site can't find more right now .. The Divine type, allocates its leaders through service oriented quests, quests that directly help others and their Node, quests that prove their faith and dedication to the node I think the divine type is a religous node ? Don't know if this was what u were asking but just trying to help :p
  • [quote quote=11505]
    It will be interesting to see how a solo guild will work with the current information on how the nodes will work in the game. From what I understood, there are only a set number of nodes on each server and to build up one, another must fall. It sounds like many guilds will have to work together at one node to progress.

[/quote]

To my understanding the build up of a node (and consequential influence in the present node) is character focused instead of guild focused. Meaning that one person putting his work into a specific node could result in that person having more influence than people from a guild that want to make this node their home. Since this guild is more focused on giving the player free roam it could even end up spreading influence over a variety of nodes.

[quote quote=11805]
    Let’s say this guild for example, it’s god is one of solitude and self-preservation. A hermit crab even. Greatly fortified but once it out grows its own safety it knows when to move on. It will help other hermits, perhaps they have a bigger shell they need to move into and theirs at the time looks awfully bigger than yours. What’s wrong with helping them to help yourself? It’s patrons would be that of vagabonds, drifters, rough-riders, hermits, outcasts, etc. You’d get a passive bonus in crafting while in your node. Or extra incentive playing alone. Or a better incentive helping others that help you out as well.

[/quote]

As far as I know religions will be a thing in AoC. However I don't want to restrict the guild to just one kind of religion. I want this guild to be a home for the character itself, not the background of said character. So no matter what kind of religion you have, whether you're fair trader or moneyhungry loan shark, a saint throwing miracles left and right or a society despising PK'er, everyone should get a chance here.

Since we seem to get a bit of attention now I was thinking of creating a discord for the guild where you can get to know other members and maybe start making connections with each other. For example I'm probably going to explore and fight and might end up with a lot of resources but I'm not sure how deep I'll delve into crafting so maybe I could make a sort of "contract" with someone who wants to go the artisan route to take them off my hands. Things like that. Let me know if you're interested in that.
  • Heyo! Your guild sounds like it would be the right place for someone like me. Looking forward to seeing what it will become.

As to what I'd play as, I'd probably go for some kind of rogue/thief class, since those are what I'm used to, so race would be anything with benefits for crit based builds.
    Sure as hell wouldn't neglect crafting though, so I'd end up with a bunch of weapons/armor I don't need while levelling my craft. In other words, if I do end up playing this game (I tend to forget about projects that are still being developed and also don't like deciding on things when there's still so little information) I'd be interested in some sort of contract, because a supplier would go a long way in quickly maxing the artisan skills. And of course, as a crafter I could supply you, the explorer/fighter, with nice gear.
    On a different note, do tell me if you create a discord channel, since I'd be interested in at least joining that for the time being.
    Edit: Damn, I just noticed how friggin late I was in noticing this...
  • Possibly intrested, are you strictly EU or true to your word and everyone is welcome?
  • Everyone will be welcome in the guild.
    However, should someone try to proactively seek trouble and fights within the guild there might be a chance to kick that person from the guild.
  • This would seem like the an eventual place for me. I'm sick of the lofty names of guilds such as Gods Chosen or The deathly black Valkyres of death and such. Noblesse Oblige sounds still a bit high for my tastes (and I get a distinct scent of the Korean web manhwa Noblesse from it) but I can certainly stand behind what you're wanting it to be.

As to what I would be playing:

Race - Probably human but elves aren't out of the question. But not in the meaning of me being the cunning human or the high and mighty noble noble pointy eared jackass thinking that he is better than anyone else because: "I'm an eldar and the rest of you are worms beneath my feet." I'll be playing something of an outcast wanting to find his little place in the world.

Role - Definitely a mage of sorts. Don't think I'd play a fantasy themed game where I would be satisfied swinging around a sword, even be it one the size of a streetlamp.

What I'd like to do is find pub, tavern or an inn and call it "The Pointy Hat" which can be a gathering place for people (and what I have seen from the Mighty Beard pubs are going to be crucial). This has been an aspiration of mine for quite a few years and no MMO has given me this opportunity. Until hopefully now. :)

So given we become guild members it would be great if you would drop in and have a few drinks and an occasional chat. If not no problem. Just be on the lookout for The Pointy Hat somewhere in the world. :)
  • Wuhuu, late answer is late!

@Erleon
    Noblesse Oblige is a phrase way older than that manwha. It stands for "nobility obligates" and essentially means that those with power have a duty (obligation) to help those without.

As for The Pointy Hat, that would be a wonderful addition. Since our guild is more focused on the individual rather than large groups having a major guild hall wouldn't really make sense. Selecting one (or several) smaller meeting places like pubs and such as bases would really fit the theme of the guild, especially if some of our members would go for the more unsavory business.

On another note, I had to take a little (read: several months) break from the forums and have to catch up on all the information I've missed.
    Guild's not dead, if that's what some might assume.
    New members are still welcome.

I've put together a quick discord which you can find here: https://discord.gg/XtnGFqx
    For some reason joining a voice chat crashes my discord so until I've found a solution to that I will only be able to converse via chat.
    Let me know if you want me to make extra chat or voice channels.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    Sounds like a great guild. I would love to join!

I've played some MMORPGS and always wanted to join a guild but never had enough time to fullfill the weekly hours you had to be online for meetings and other stuff, so this is a great idea for people who might have the same problem.

The name is absolutly great, I'm actually very happy that it actually has a meaning instead of just being "Amused Soldiers" or something like that.

@Erleon
    I think your tavern idea sounds awesome!!! I especially like the idea that it could be at different locations in the world. Can't wait to see that in game! 

If I ever go there drinks are on me! 
    :p 

• Will look you up ingame. Sounds like a guild in my style :)
  • This sounds good. I generally play solo, but would be nice having people around if needed to play some other content. Also a good way to make friends. 
    Also nice not to feel you need to dedicate a specified number of hours to the game or be kicked. People do have lives outside of the game.
    Will definitely look this guild up.
  • I never join guilds, but this one has me interested 😊
    Feels very free.
    I like that.
  • Joined the discord, love your idea. sounds like a place i will stay for some time.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2018
    For everyone thinking the inn is a good idea thanks. We're talking on the discord that it could be something like a guild house. If you'd like to join the discussion or agree with the views Madnacc outlined for the guild hop on the discord... Release or any alphas/betas to buy into are far away,  but we can get to know each other while we wait ;) 
  • This sounds excatly like what I've been looking for.

I had a similar idea to the inn, but with a church. I will for sure be playing a healer, and I wanted to make an obscure church in the woods, where you could hire a healer. Instead of it always being mean fighter mercenaries, then get a crazy good healer, if you can pay.

I'll, hopefully, be joining the Discord soon!
  • I like this idea and have joined the discord!