Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Getting Jiggy With It … Sweet Spot Mechanics from Intrepid

skafftarussskafftaruss Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Will Intrepid advertise more than Real Engine VI and 8K? I’d like servers to see 90 fps (144hz) and 4ms delay (gtog) to support PVP. 1440p to enable stunning visuals. There seems to be an over emphasis on skins and visuals. I’d like more mechanical insight before launch? We’re playing a PVP & MMO right? Stunning visuals, PVX, and PVE first shooter. Sweet spot please. Intrepid … what say you? What are your server output parameter goals? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JcmQONgXJM

Comments

• Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I just want a well-made game. I'd rather them not grab the latest engine and put out a buggy product suffering from early-adopter disease, or try to support the handful of people who waste money on an 8K monitor. Just make a solid game.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited December 2020
    Look if I can have over 8000 hours in Dominions and have fun then graphics aren't a problem for me

dominions-3-the-awakening-18237.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    You can upscale your monitor to 8k right now - too small for me and in my opinion not needed; 4k is on the fence... I enjoy 2k just fine at 170hz. I find most people with 4k monitors (I do'nt know anyone with an 8k) just scale things back up anyway because things are just too small to see/read... so whats the point?

Want to try upscaling? Nvidia Control panel > Manage 3d Settings > DSR Factor - Check 2x and 4x > Apply and close. Right-Click Desktop > Display Settings > Display Resolutions - you will see new higher options available; it's a little hoodoo-voodoo but it works. I even used this on a monitor from 2008 making it 2k while waiting for a new monitor to arrive.

I know I'm a little off topic but thought Id share anyway. :)
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    What are your server output parameter goals?
    Servers don't have anything at all to do with the resolution or FPS, nor indeed anything at all to do with the picture that us players see. That is 100% a result of the machine running the game client (ie, your computer).

Latency is occasionally affected by the games servers, but only ever if you have a direct fiber connection between your computer and the server - latency issues in general are a result of infrustructure.

I guess, in general, I have no idea what it is you are asking for - as usual.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Iiiiiiii disagree: If you have a crappy connection or a server that is overloaded with clients - it affects gameplay. For instance, I have a 144Hz GPU, cables, 1GB cox cable, great monitor. Benchmarks are for running the computer. However, different games have different outputs like 60 fps (Ashes) and other first shooter gaming signals around 90 fps. So, IF you have a higher end computer one should get better signals - right? What did I miss? Much love - <3
    It also depends on how optimized the client is. Connection speed never affects frame rate. Have you ever had “rubber banding” where you are running along in an MMO then suddenly you “snap” back to where you were a moment ago? That’s because the server and client were out of sync, and the client was letting the character move while the server wasn’t registering it. Once they synced back up, the client put you back to where the server says you are.

The client usually doesn’t wait until the server to do things. It runs on its own on your machine and just stays in communication with the server to let the server know what you’re doing, and the server talks back to let the client know what’s happening around you. The client doesn’t slow the animation down when it has trouble with the server.

Read this thread that talks about how the engine a game runs on affects performance:
    https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/441154/why-do-most-mmos-run-like-crap

Hhak63P.png