Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

I wish I had known about the game when Summer Crowdfunding or Kickstarter events were going on.

I definitely would have bought one of the packages because some of the rewards are amazing. I most likely would have gotten one of the ones with a lifetime subscription too since that sounds very convenient. I guess I am too late though, but it would be cool if they did one more of those. It was really hard to even hear about the game back then since most games obviously don't get much mainstream talk until soon before its release.

Comments

• Options
    LegendsLegends Member
    edited December 2020
    Hehe, nevermind, i just found the prices, this shit is hella expensive, guess im just gonna wait for the release and be a basic day 1 starter
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Legends wrote: »
    Hehe, nevermind, i just found the prices, this shit is hella expensive, guess im just gonna wait for the release and be a basic day 1 starter

Yeah it was an investment to be sure. But the lifetime subscription is a bargain if you actually like and play the game long term (which I expect to do). It's years too late for that though.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Legends wrote: »

LMAOOOOO!

Yea Im in the same boat as you. Wish I would've heard about Ashes a lot earlier.
  • Options
    GroconAlterfGroconAlterf Member
    edited March 2021
  • Options
    ariatrasariatras Member, Founder
    It is hella expensive. I spent quite a large sum of money on the game already. Lol. And I'm just barely in the beta2 run.
    l8im8pj8upjq.gif

• Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm definitely salty that I did not discover AOC until this year (unable to buy into alpha 1). Fingers crossed that Alpha 2 is upon us with haste!
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That life time sub was just too tempting
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    StretchStretch Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I sadly found out about the Kickstarter 1 week after it was over. I would have gone with the Leader of Men tier
  • Options
    I just recently purchased the Voyager pre-order pack for the A2 access but I would've definitely rather bit the bullet back during the Kickstarter days for that lifetime subscription. Would be nice if the lifetime sub becomes available again at some point but it doesn't look like it will..
    They did offer the lifetime sub a second time (to summer backers) even though they promised it was a KS exclusive, so they already screwed up once about false advertising. It would not be “nice” for them to screw up again about it.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Atama wrote: »
    I just recently purchased the Voyager pre-order pack for the A2 access but I would've definitely rather bit the bullet back during the Kickstarter days for that lifetime subscription. Would be nice if the lifetime sub becomes available again at some point but it doesn't look like it will..
    They did offer the lifetime sub a second time (to summer backers) even though they promised it was a KS exclusive, so they already screwed up once about false advertising. It would not be “nice” for them to screw up again about it.

May not be nice but it would sure as shit be cool. I want one too lol. Shame on this community for not sharing the contents of this game sooner. I had to discover it from lazypeon on youtube and would have immediately bought into the KS had I known. Since July I got 9 others on board who bought into alpha 2.
  • Options
    Khronus wrote: »
    Atama wrote: »

May not be nice but it would sure as shit be cool. I want one too lol. Shame on this community for not sharing the contents of this game sooner. I had to discover it from lazypeon on youtube and would have immediately bought into the KS had I known. Since July I got 9 others on board who bought into alpha 2.
    Yes, we do suck.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    I was aware of it but had invested into another MMO that started on KS, and that broke me somewhat so I had (sadly) lost a lot of faith at that point. I'm a spurned MMO lover so I'm rather delicate these days. For those that had faith, kudos, you deserve the rewards.
  • Options
    MorekMorek Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I had recently dropped $100 on Crowfall and was excited to play as soon as I could. I hung around KS for a few weeks and stumbled upon AoC on KS going to read an update for Crowfall (didn't have their own website yet). I obvo had to stop and read it, for it had 'MMORPG' in the title. I liked what I read and dropped some money on it. KS is truly a gamble... I have played and tried Crowfall and LOVE the idea, but the game is gonna need a lot more time in the oven, more than AoC. I have not tried the Alpha for AoC yet, but it sounds better than my original investment, especially with the open door development.

Sometimes, I truly feel lucky that I found AoC on KS, but remember, things change and we are not even close to release yet. You never know, but they might have another season of crowdfunding or sell lifetime subs.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    NodoffNodoff Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Shame on this community for not sharing the contents of this game sooner.

I hope this is sarcasm.
    11wn1c3qmy20.gif
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nodoff wrote: »

I hope this is sarcasm.

Im 80% sure its sarcasm
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    StorybookStorybook Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They would have total rebellion on their hands if they offered lifetime subs once again (not from me, I really don't care) so I doubt that is in..... but theres always ways around it..... like doing another run with 'subs for 10c a month for life'

I am just waiting for more cosmetic avatar skins..... sigh
  • Options
    Nodoff wrote: »

I hope this is sarcasm.

@Nagash Not gonna lie I would classify this legitimately as 80% sarcasm hahaha. 20% of me is beyond salty for not being in alpha 1. Nothing has captured my soul like AOC has. Alpha 2 cannot come soon enough.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I originally went for a Founder level in Kickstarter because that's what I could afford. I realized I could afford more after my financial situation improved, and went for the Braver level because I was assured that was the only time you could get a lifetime sub and it seemed a good investment. By that point it was too late to buy it at the cheapest early bird price, but I did still get it at a discount, so I was grateful for that.

Of course I have sunk a crap ton into cosmetics after Kickstarter so whatever.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    MahesMahes Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would have easily gone for Life-time if I had known about the game then. Otherwise that would have been as far up the chain as I went.