Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Creative Director’s Letter

Glorious Ashes of Creation community!

Our Creative Director has another letter for you all as we head into a new year - reconfirming upcoming test dates, a look at 2020, and the journey ahead in 2021! https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2021-01-08-creative-directors-letter

ice_dragon1.jpg
marketing.gif

Comments

• bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nice way to kick off the weekend thank you.

And That dragon looks amazing. Very well done to all involved there.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • LexLex Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2021
    Thanks for the letter. Nice work. Can you provide some background on the glorious images below?

ice_dragon1.jpg
    screenshot009.jpg
    fe85sq6n7wyu.png
  • Hi, in your last news you said that you might be thinking about admitting people to the "First Alpha" again. My question is, will it be possible for players who have already bought into "Alpha 2". So, for example, can i update my 250$ option to one for the Alpha 1. (sry 4 my Bad English)
  • Quinny_WinnyQuinny_Winny Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2021
    Selling more Alpha 1 access might not be a good idea when you sold Alpha 2 access for $250 - $375
    You should charge more then Alpha 2 and less then Alpha 1.

Would probably be easier to just move into Alpha 2 and add an Alpha 3.
  • Very excited to see more gameplay, would LOVE to see some kind of siege (even if its like a community event, and not organic) so we can see how a larger pvp battle would play out with real players. It would be awesome to see more people in alpha, just make sure the server architecture is scaled for the demand!
  • pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    edited January 2021
    Where's this month's cosmetics? Still need something regal and dashing for my Cleric.
    /e pouts
  • Short letter, but it sets a good and positive tone, for development.

Yours truly had to disagree a little with the statement on needing a new forums; Your current forums work far-better than most other games' that I've used, in the past. Your internal search engine is excellent and well-formatted, when we're looking for previous posts / former threads about topics we're looking to inquire about.

Here's to 2021 being a better year, and hopefully these vaccines that are coming out will allow a safe return to the offices! Indeed, especially given the team cohesion that the Intrepid gang describes in the 2018 video from PAX East, there's got to be elements of creativity and development that aren't quite possible while still operating under circumstances that force people to keep apart.
  • MargaretKrohnMargaretKrohn Moderator, Staff
    edited January 2021
    Lex wrote: »
    Thanks for the letter. Nice work. Can you provide some background on the glorious images below?

ice_dragon1.jpg
    screenshot009.jpg

It is something you may fight in the game. *wink wink* hehe
    Xorax wrote: »
    Hi, in your last news you said that you might be thinking about admitting people to the "First Alpha" again. My question is, will it be possible for players who have already bought into "Alpha 2". So, for example, can i update my 250$ option to one for the Alpha 1. (sry 4 my Bad English)

Yes, when/If we do end up providing Alpha One access again, we'll let you know how you can upgrade.
    Very excited to see more gameplay, would LOVE to see some kind of siege (even if its like a community event, and not organic) so we can see how a larger pvp battle would play out with real players. It would be awesome to see more people in alpha, just make sure the server architecture is scaled for the demand!

As development progresses, we'll be sharing more footage of sieges and so much more. Stay tuned. ;)
    pyreal wrote: »
    Where's this month's cosmetics? Still need something regal and dashing for my Cleric.
    /e pouts

SOON friend, soon! =P
    Short letter, but it sets a good and positive tone, for development.

Yours truly had to disagree a little with the statement on needing a new forums; Your current forums work far-better than most other games' that I've used, in the past. Your internal search engine is excellent and well-formatted, when we're looking for previous posts / former threads about topics we're looking to inquire about.

Here's to 2021 being a better year, and hopefully these vaccines that are coming out will allow a safe return to the offices! Indeed, especially given the team cohesion that the Intrepid gang describes in the 2018 video from PAX East, there's got to be elements of creativity and development that aren't quite possible while still operating under circumstances that force people to keep apart.

Haha, when I received the first draft from Steven, I thought it was actually really long, but at most of the other companies I have worked for in the past Producer/Creative Letters are usually just 1-2 paragraphs. Haha.

We are not adding new forums currently. We are creating a new website - so when you go to https://ashesofcreation.com/ it will be much more clear what the game is and other really handy pieces of information for folks. Right now, it isn't so clear. Hope that makes more sense. <3;)
    marketing.gif
  • AOCCrafterAOCCrafter Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Very cool direction, thank you for this information.
    “There’s absolutely no limit to what plain ordinary working people can accomplish, if they are given the opportunity, encouragement and incentive to do their best”.
    -Mr. Sam Walton