Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Anyone Else Checking The Shop For Alpha 1 Package Daily? (just in case)

KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
I'm just curious if anyone else is fiending as bad as I am to get my hands on this product haha

Comments

• I wish buddy. I think our best bet is to wait till March and see what Steven has to say on the matter.
  • Sadly yes, I have been checking daily just in case.
  • nurce1998nurce1998 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    OnlyOne wrote: »
    I wish buddy. I think our best bet is to wait till March and see what Steven has to say on the matter.

The Directors letter clearly states that in February, Steven will be letting us know if Alpha One will be available purchase. I assume it will be tied into the website design.

No use in checking daily.
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    No, but...

Hhak63P.png
  • Not really. Not sure I can save up that much by the time it is available.
  • Not really. Not sure I can save up that much by the time it is available.

Same :/ here's hoping there's another contest opportunity
  • edited January 2021
    Hiya! As was noted above, we covered this a bit in our recent Creative Director's Letter here.

"Previously, I had offered to update our community on the potential of allowing Alpha One sales to resume, and will be providing an update on this sometime in February. This decision is largely dependent on the ability to sustain higher concurrencies and to push the limits of our server architectures and deployments. I had previously suspended Alpha One sales in 2018, and with the most recent testing done in December, I am hopeful that we will once again offer an opportunity for newer community members to join Alpha One."

Keep an eye out as we look to share more details on that in February! We'll keep you posted in all the usual places, and will let you know if there are any upcoming giveaways on that front as well :smiley:
    community_management.gif
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Keep an eye out as we look to share more details on that in February! We'll keep you posted in all the usual places, and will let you know if there are any upcoming giveaways on that front as well :smiley:

So then people should wait until February before they can resume obsessively checking the shop daily...

Hhak63P.png
  • ariatrasariatras Member, Founder
    The decision probably depends on a few things.

Are there enough testers for their purposes?
    Do we have a high enough retention rate for said testers?

Server back-end and such usually doesn't get tested until much later.
    l8im8pj8upjq.gif

• KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You see @LieutenantToast , when you dangle the carrot (AOC) right in front of me with monthly updates that continue to blow my mind, even if I knew we were going to hear something about potential Alpha 1 sales in February, I still seem to be checking the store now as a "just in case". I wasn't joking about fiending for this game. Everything else just doesn't seem worth playing haha.
  • Khronus wrote: »
    You see @LieutenantToast , when you dangle the carrot (AOC) right in front of me with monthly updates that continue to blow my mind, even if I knew we were going to hear something about potential Alpha 1 sales in February, I still seem to be checking the store now as a "just in case". I wasn't joking about fiending for this game. Everything else just doesn't seem worth playing haha.

I'm in the same boat as you, @Khronus.

The pre-order packs are very appealing ... but I saw the letter from Steven and thus have to be patient on the outcome of that.
  • Baz4kBaz4k Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Same here, I was about to pull the trigger on the $375 pack, but pulled back in case a A1 pack becomes available...
  • HakaijuHakaiju Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2021
    Baz4k wrote: »
    Same here, I was about to pull the trigger on the $375 pack, but pulled back in case a A1 pack becomes available...

Thats..... not how it works. If you get the 375$ Pack you will "only" pay 125$ for the Alpha 1 pack, instead of 500
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yes, I have been checking it daily.

Also because this months cosmetic pack felt like it got announced so much later than I am used to. I thought there was gong to be some alpha 1 keys popping up randomly over the last week. I was hyped AF.

Still am hyped AF.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • CriminalCupcakeCriminalCupcake Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hakaiju wrote: »

Thats..... not how it works. If you get the 375$ Pack you will "only" pay 125$ for the Alpha 1 pack, instead of 500

This is confirmed? I was very sceptical to get the plus package for this exact reason and if its guaranteed to onky be 125 then it just makes it that much better.
  • Hakaiju wrote: »

This is confirmed? I was very sceptical to get the plus package for this exact reason and if its guaranteed to onky be 125 then it just makes it that much better.

Not confirmed. The regular monthly cosmetics follow this pattern, but the possible A1 sales will probably be a separate item.
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @CriminalCupcake @BobzUrUncle @Hakaiju

We don't know yet how Alpha 1 will be sold, IF it comes back on sale again. Keep an eye on the official channels for more information in February.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • MichaelMichael Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hundreds of people would pay $1000 for an Intrepid Pack right now.

But they will let us know the day/time it is put in the store I'm sure.
  • I hope they wait until they have their new website. If they put it on sale now, they would probably break the current one as everyone tries to purchase at the same time.