Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Military node arena and battlegrounds

So i recently got back into ESO, mainly to queue for some battlegrounds, and it got me think about the arena system in ashes.

I was thinking that arena should be tied to the military nodes (maybe this is already confirmed), but also to the "last man standing" fight for mayor in the military node.

I like the idea of getting some type of badge/coin if you win, that you can then use to buy materials/consumables (nothing special) in the military node. If you have enough badges/coins (and high enough rank) you are able to join the fight for mayor. These badges/coins may also be a reward for winning large scale pvp as well, if you are a part of the military node.

Now, arena is fun but what about small scale battlegrounds, something similar to ESO. Given an objective you and your small team (5-10 players) needs to fullfil curtain conditions before the other team to win the game. It's simple but fun and encourage smart thinking and team work.

What do you guys think? What would you like to see from the arena system, and what do you think of adding small scale battlegrounds?

Comments

• Options
    arena's could be cool with different rule sets for the military node, world events etc.
    I am going to vote no on battle grounds with a higher participation count per team.. Causes too much segregation from participation in world pvp etc.

additional food for thought, the arena could be cool if it were more of a colosseum style (maybe if it scales with the node advancement) then you could have larger themed battles for players/citizens to watch that could be inspired by world events, holidays, creeps etc something fun.

but again, if it takes away too much from world pvp then players will just end up flocking more to that which is my main concern with it.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    WELCOME TO THINDERDOM!!!
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    squeeteesqueetee Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I like the over all idea of a small scale 1v1 to 3v3 scale arena battles. Anything larger would be a problem for the size of nodes we have seen so far. Maybe if a player queues up for a 1v1 they are teleported for that battle to a random node, or to an active node set by the mayor. This way other players could watch the battles from the outside like a colosseum.

One problem I see is.... what if no military node starts up on a server? That's a lot of work to setup for a whole server or 2 to never get to use it.

My thoughts.
  • Options
    rikardp98rikardp98 Member
    edited March 2021
    arena's could be cool with different rule sets for the military node, world events etc.
    I am going to vote no on battle grounds with a higher participation count per team.. Causes too much segregation from participation in world pvp etc.

additional food for thought, the arena could be cool if it were more of a colosseum style (maybe if it scales with the node advancement) then you could have larger themed battles for players/citizens to watch that could be inspired by world events, holidays, creeps etc something fun.

but again, if it takes away too much from world pvp then players will just end up flocking more to that which is my main concern with it.

There will be arena in the game, https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Arenas.

I do agree with you that it might move players from the large scale pvp events, but sometimes you just want to log on and play some quick pvp with your friends.
  • Options
    rikardp98 wrote: »

There will be arena in the game, https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Arenas.

I do agree with you that it might move players from the large scale pvp events, but sometimes you just want to log on and play some quick pvp with your friends.

true! but battlegrounds will still segregate and redirect players from the purpose of games world pvp conflicts and core concepts of development.