Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Chapter Twelve: A Daring Defense

jta12-1920x1080.jpg

After an arduous and successful caravan defense, we head back to the village with all our newfound resources and gold - only to find that while we were away, someone from the rival economic village has declared a siege!

How should we focus our efforts?

🧱 Protect the walls!
🏙 Defend the village square!
community_management.gif

Chapter Twelve: A Daring Defense 86 votes

🧱 Protect the walls!
81% 70 votes
🏙 Defend the village square!
18% 16 votes

Comments

• Options
    Who cares about the walls! I want my shop protected from thieves!!!!
  • Options
    If we protect the walls, then it will limit the amount getting through
  • Options
    Simple. I have a bow, bows fire arrows. Arrows have feathers, as do quill pens. Quill pens are used by scribes, who are usually employed by mayors. Mayors have town halls in the town square. Therefore, defend the town square.
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Rain fire upon the heathens.
    To the walls my friends and non-Tulnar.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    KatakKatak Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The walls, obviously. They are there as the first line of defense and need to be manned. Let the women, children and bloated mayor hide in the town hall.
  • Options
    AmarAmar Member
    Heads to the local Bowyer to refill my quiver with as many arrows as will fit. Scans the walls to find the highest Parapet for a good sniper vantage point on the heathens below... Knock, Draw, Loose...Repeat...
  • Options
    McMackMuckMcMackMuck Member
    edited March 2021
    My hangover has cleared and I'm up for this!

There's nothing defensible about a village square beside a few makeshift barricades. I understand that the Elders may wish to play bowls or croquet there on Sundays, but it's hardly a seat of power.

To the walls! I'll be the mouth almighty insulting the enemies every step from the ramparts whilst warming my hands over the vats of boiling oil.
    Forum_Signature.png
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited March 2021
    To the walls!

Then to loot Ostaff's shop! >:)
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Well I'm an evil ranger. I'd always prefer nice sniping spots.

Walls.
    Actually do we have a tower or keep nearby?
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    grab a chair and wait for it to end then recycle the bodies
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »

The chairs are better in the center, and there will be more bodies (And less destroyed skeletons)
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »

The chairs are better in the center, and there will be more bodies (And less destroyed skeletons)

Great idea. Just got to worry about the splash zone, you have no idea how much blood stains
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    AmarAmar Member
    McMackMuck wrote: »
    My hangover has cleared and I'm up for this!

To the walls! I'll be the mouth almighty insulting the enemies every step from the ramparts whilst warming my hands over the vats of boiling oil.

To quote Monty Python... Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries... I fart in your general direction... :D

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Walls first, can always fall back to the square if the walls fall.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    NeurotoxinNeurotoxin Member, Alpha One
    Hold the walls so the locals can continue arming up with the resources we brought back. Maybe they have a device they can power with some of it to aid in the defense?
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    Walls first, can always fall back to the square if the walls fall.

Yep. And, if they breach the walls, we'll just Death And Glory into the middle of them all on horseback until a wizard comes with a bazillion-strong cavalry. FORTH EORLINGUS!!!!!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/