Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Combat system ideas

I just want to point out that hopefully every aspect of this game wil be great.

I personally think after playing some mmo's with an great new combat system going back to the tab/point system wil be a downgrade.

If this is the case i hope it wil be different then the typical, meaning that maybe the skill animations look more dynamic and that would make the combat look more dynamic and alive.
Maybe shorten the casting times, combining this with gorguos looking skills and dodging would make the combat already feel more welcome in 2017.

If they would choose for a more upgradid combat something like '' black desert online'' that would already make the game feel great.
I do wish that they will implent the old school HOLY TRINITY because i missed this in the new generations mmo's making you less reliable but also feeling less team spirit. (personally working together felt more accomplishing)

Conclusion: bring back the holy trinity but in a good way making skills and movements feel more dynamic with great looking skills and dodging and quick casting.

Comments

• I suppose, this is topic with similiar theme https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/combat-system/
  • Ye i aggree BDO combat was amazing, the only issue was nonexistent balance. Never playd as intresting combat as in bdo tho, the mobility and the combos and complexity was fun to play with and visually great as well.
  • This game should have a non tab targeting action combat system 0 abilities some rare weapons should have special abilities only magic should be cast throughout a wand or staff that has been charged with rune essence wether is fire electricity ect. Range should be non auto target just do more damage sense is harder to hit if you guys want a new mmo all you have to do is followed the questing systems of runescape ore any other rpg like the witcher ore any eso game exep eso online forget the WOW formula follow the rpg formula that so many great rpgs have and make it mmo
  • [quote quote=3169]This game should have a non tab targeting action combat system 0 abilities some rare weapons should have special abilities only magic should be cast throughout a wand or staff that has been charged with rune essence wether is fire electricity ect. Range should be non auto target just do more damage sense is harder to hit if you guys want a new mmo all you have to do is followed the questing systems of runescape ore any other rpg like the witcher ore any eso game exep eso online forget the WOW formula follow the rpg formula that so many great rpgs have and make it mmo

[/quote]
    Unfortunately it's already been confirmed to be skill-based, like slot a fireball in actionbar and such.
    Regarding questing, its gonna be very dynamic, mostlikely with a lot of varience, from server to server, node to node etc. Since some quests develop in the node, some globally and some very locally :) IMO it's very unlikely that they are gonna go for the WoW approach.
  • [quote quote=3169]This game should have a non tab targeting action combat system 0 abilities some rare weapons should have special abilities only magic should be cast throughout a wand or staff that has been charged with rune essence wether is fire electricity ect. Range should be non auto target just do more damage sense is harder to hit if you guys want a new mmo all you have to do is followed the questing systems of runescape ore any other rpg like the witcher ore any eso game exep eso online forget the WOW formula follow the rpg formula that so many great rpgs have and make it mmo

[/quote]

Whats the difference in questing in wow and rs?
  • [quote quote=3199]
    Whats the difference in questing in wow and rs?

[/quote]
    Was kinda wondering that myself...

<strong>My guess: </strong>In WoW quests are a neccessity, but in RS its more good to have than need to have. You can basicly grind your way through RS, but WoW needs quests to level (all though its still really grindy).

[/quote]
    Hmm......0 skills?. Wana do "pew-pew"? What about "sense of magic/knowledge"(im not about some magic technology/enchanting)? about atmosphere ? Prefer to combine skills from different magic disciplines rather have different staffs in inventory( but i don't mind if certain weapon could have certain skillset-in fantasy<especially rpg> power is not only weapon or good gear-my opinion).