Chapter Sixteen: A Glorious Gift

jta16-1920.jpg

With our blacksmith complete and our weapon smithing skills up to par, we discover that our precious jewel is a potent source of latent essence that we can use to bolster our power! Grateful to have uncovered its purpose, we’re faced with yet another decision - what do we make with this gem?

What should we do with the jewel?

⚔ Create a magnificent sword
🏹 Craft a glorious bow
3ztrsitvhj3s.gif

Chapter Sixteen: A Glorious Gift 80 votes

⚔ Create a magnificent sword
65% 52 votes
🏹 Craft a glorious bow
35% 28 votes

Comments

• The one with the sword was responsible for chasing down the rogue and recovering the gem, so... they should probably get the weapon.
  • Elias13Elias13 Member
    Many can use a Sword, but fewer a bow. The Blacksmith will be able to sell the sword with more ease.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds
    A Mighty Staff of Power would be a better choice.
    Sword almost as good.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • LieutenantToastLieutenantToast Moderator, Staff
    Neurotoxin wrote: »
    The one with the sword was responsible for chasing down the rogue and recovering the gem, so... they should probably get the weapon.

Why can't someone as generous and thoughtful about loot as you are be in every party we play in 🤣
    3ztrsitvhj3s.gif
  • AmarAmar Member
    Well that's an easy choice for me being an archer... Very nice bow please...
  • Make a magnificent blade I can wield on my mage. lol
  • maouwmaouw Member
    The gem was orange!!
    That's not a dexterity colour.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Not sure how useful a blacksmithed bow would be, so am going for the sword.
    Daveywavey-member.png
  • Neurotoxin wrote: »
    The one with the sword was responsible for chasing down the rogue and recovering the gem, so... they should probably get the weapon.

My gem = My sword! :pB)
    Daveywavey-member.png
  • Who would ask a Blacksmith to make a bow for them? :#

>>>>>I think the sword is a better option<<<<<

Woodsman > lumberyard > bowyer for a bow, surely? although the Blacksmith may be of use casting arrowheads.
    Forum_Signature.png
  • I will sacrifice my bow for the new bow! (as long as I get it, of course)
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men
    Cursed soul gem sword here we come
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • AmarAmar Member
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Not sure how useful a blacksmithed bow would be, so am going for the sword.
    McMackMuck wrote: »
    Who would ask a Blacksmith to make a bow for them? :#

Woodsman > lumberyard > bowyer for a bow, surely? although the Blacksmith may be of use casting arrowheads.

Since this is a science node may I just say Spring Steel Crossbow from the blacksmith please... That would hit like a truck... ;):D:p
  • maouwmaouw Member
    Amar wrote: »
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Not sure how useful a blacksmithed bow would be, so am going for the sword.
    McMackMuck wrote: »
    Who would ask a Blacksmith to make a bow for them? :#

Since this is a science node may I just say Spring Steel Crossbow from the blacksmith please... That would hit like a truck... ;):D:p

Also the fact that our very first decision on this journey was to travel AWAY FROM THE TREES means our wood options are pretty limited :[
    And y'know... metal in the mines of the mountains.

I just makes more sense.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • As a weird ranger + smith player, I vote bow.

But, what's "latent essence" supposed to mean?
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds
    I would rather have the gem on a wearable piece of gear, so that if I switched weapons or got disarmed, I'd still have the benefit of the gem.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men
    T Elf wrote: »
    I would rather have the gem on a wearable piece of gear, so that if I switched weapons or got disarmed, I'd still have the benefit of the gem.

A ring would be nice
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace