Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Chapter Sixteen: A Glorious Gift

edited April 2021 in General Discussion
jta16-1920.jpg

With our blacksmith complete and our weapon smithing skills up to par, we discover that our precious jewel is a potent source of latent essence that we can use to bolster our power! Grateful to have uncovered its purpose, we’re faced with yet another decision - what do we make with this gem?

What should we do with the jewel?

⚔ Create a magnificent sword
🏹 Craft a glorious bow
community_management.gif

Chapter Sixteen: A Glorious Gift 105 votes

⚔ Create a magnificent sword
63% 67 votes
🏹 Craft a glorious bow
36% 38 votes

Comments

• NeurotoxinNeurotoxin Member, Alpha One
    The one with the sword was responsible for chasing down the rogue and recovering the gem, so... they should probably get the weapon.
  • Many can use a Sword, but fewer a bow. The Blacksmith will be able to sell the sword with more ease.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A Mighty Staff of Power would be a better choice.
    Sword almost as good.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Neurotoxin wrote: »
    The one with the sword was responsible for chasing down the rogue and recovering the gem, so... they should probably get the weapon.

Why can't someone as generous and thoughtful about loot as you are be in every party we play in 🤣
    community_management.gif
  • AmarAmar Member
    Well that's an easy choice for me being an archer... Very nice bow please...
  • Make a magnificent blade I can wield on my mage. lol
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The gem was orange!!
    That's not a dexterity colour.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Not sure how useful a blacksmithed bow would be, so am going for the sword.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Neurotoxin wrote: »

My gem = My sword! :pB)
  • Who would ask a Blacksmith to make a bow for them? :#

>>>>>I think the sword is a better option<<<<<

Woodsman > lumberyard > bowyer for a bow, surely? although the Blacksmith may be of use casting arrowheads.
    Forum_Signature.png
  • I will sacrifice my bow for the new bow! (as long as I get it, of course)
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Cursed soul gem sword here we come
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • AmarAmar Member
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Not sure how useful a blacksmithed bow would be, so am going for the sword.
    McMackMuck wrote: »
    Who would ask a Blacksmith to make a bow for them? :#

Woodsman > lumberyard > bowyer for a bow, surely? although the Blacksmith may be of use casting arrowheads.

Since this is a science node may I just say Spring Steel Crossbow from the blacksmith please... That would hit like a truck... ;):D:p
    Amar wrote: »
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Not sure how useful a blacksmithed bow would be, so am going for the sword.
    McMackMuck wrote: »
    Who would ask a Blacksmith to make a bow for them? :#

Since this is a science node may I just say Spring Steel Crossbow from the blacksmith please... That would hit like a truck... ;):D:p

Also the fact that our very first decision on this journey was to travel AWAY FROM THE TREES means our wood options are pretty limited :[
    And y'know... metal in the mines of the mountains.

I just makes more sense.
  • As a weird ranger + smith player, I vote bow.

But, what's "latent essence" supposed to mean?
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would rather have the gem on a wearable piece of gear, so that if I switched weapons or got disarmed, I'd still have the benefit of the gem.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

T Elf wrote: »
    I would rather have the gem on a wearable piece of gear, so that if I switched weapons or got disarmed, I'd still have the benefit of the gem.

A ring would be nice
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • It would be amazing if I could create a Chef's Knife.
    A sword is nice, but with delicious food, one can bring peace in the world, or even conquer it. :*
    lOdSqVw.png
    Are you looking for an amazing community with lovely people? Join the Aurora Discord now and chat with us!
    We are recruiting!
    Barbecue wrote: »
    It would be amazing if I could create a Chef's Knife.
    A sword is nice, but with delicious food, one can bring peace in the world, or even conquer it. :*

try telling that to skeletons. (unless you have spare ribs we love them)
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• But, what's "latent essence" supposed to mean?

The essence is what helps shape what could be considered magic on Verra. It seems like perhaps you've found a boon that was just waiting for its power to be unlocked!
    Nagash wrote: »
    T Elf wrote: »

A ring would be nice

If only you all had chosen a different path :wink:
    community_management.gif
  • Nagash wrote: »
    A ring would be nice

If only you all had chosen a different path :wink:

Oh no! Where should we have gone?!
    What?
    Don't make us doubt our decisions like this!
    :'(
    I told you all we should have killed everyone, but NOOOO lets not listen to the skeleton
    nJ0vUSm.gif

I told you all we should have killed everyone, but NOOOO lets not listen to the skeleton

I mean, part of the problem is that we know listening to you will lead to building a necropolis and swearing allegiance to someone questionable.

Just sayin' :p
    maouw wrote: »

I mean, part of the problem is that we know listening to you will lead to building a necropolis and swearing allegiance to someone questionable.

Just sayin' :p

is that a problem tho?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The "care bears" led us a stray. Better to be feared then loved.
    I agree with Nagash to a point we should have burned them all so can't come back as a zombie.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.