Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

New Upcoming Theme's

JiraiyaJiraiya Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
What are some skin themes that you guys would like to see coming up? Why or why not to some of the previous skins that have come out. What have been your favorite and which one's did you buy in on and/or already buy after as well?

I personally would love to see a Bushido style art or armor with the Samurai flare to it. Obviously not copied direct design but it would be soooo cool to have a design that has a flare of feudal Japan. Maybe Torri Gate style homestead or an armor set that represents a wandering Ronin? So many really cool ideas! Something like below would be sick!

4ca1299aa323439434e67d350ddacfe2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    adeluna13adeluna13 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    i agree i really enjoy the older Japanese styles i think that would be a cool idea. some of the older skins that i thought were cool are honestly the darker ones for example not to long ago they had these evil-looking red and black skins that were almost shadow-like. they also had a similar blue and black one with a tiger cub that was pretty dope.
  • Options
    I could definitely see samurai style themes come out for the Ren'Kai orcs - I think from their page the architecture and style already has influences from Japanese history
  • Options
    Inixia wrote: »
    I could definitely see samurai style themes come out for the Ren'Kai orcs - I think from their page the architecture and style already has influences from Japanese history

I can for sure see the similarities. It would be a really cool fighter theme to have the style put into.

Mireshade_Shroud.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I mean the Ren'Kai fit this theme really well
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    as a basic edgelord, i would like to see some full black outfit options
    cloak with toggleable hood
    tight boots, almost up to the knees
    casual looking trousers
    black mail type armor under a t-shirt with long sleeves
    thin black gloves
    sword x2
    ^^all in black

and a more stylish outfit in red and black
    something elegant, like a count/vampire/noble

and for a dreadnought character an angular full iron plates armor
    something like the iron hill dwarves from the hobbit, or captain farron (LOR card)
    + 2 giant axes or a mighty hammer XD
  • Options
    I'd like there to be a FF Dragoon inspired set, or something that screams badass Paladin.

But then again I'm a wee bit biased.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    NeorineNeorine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I have a thing for royal/regal style tbh. So i would really like to see some type of royalty set (not like the febuary's skin pack) that has a white and gold or gold and red look to it. Would be pretty dope imo at least.

Though this style is something that i can totally see the Empyrean Elves adopting as well. It fits their aesthetic too well lol
    4ticemcuvf1g.png
  • Options
    I love the idea of really sleek and dangerous looking blades - but hold an insane amount of power. Thats why I love the Katana so much!
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited April 2021
    A Kendo-style outfit would be cool.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.2y3MgDQ_Di1E9G0Za7lD8wHaGk%26pid%3DApi&f=1
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    I would like to see a set similar to hollywood Three Musketeer period french. Having large tabbards with an on off and affiliation toggle to show a colour and symbol/sign could be a good uniform overlay for guild/node actions without negating the personal outfit underneith.

More as a personal pick, I'd love to see something akin to the Glass Sailors of an obscure Dragonlance product called Time of the Dragon. Bunch of guys sailing skiffs in a lava blasted desert of glass sands.

tumblr_pr1o0nto9A1wo6q1so8_1280.jpg

I regret never finding a game that as DM that they fit in.
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    A Kendo-style outfit would be cool.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.2y3MgDQ_Di1E9G0Za7lD8wHaGk%26pid%3DApi&f=1

As a weapon, it would honestly really be cool to have the kendo training sword. Would be a good crossover.
  • Options
    This might look *awesome* on the Orcs' race - we just don't know yet, since there's not a lot of Orc info out there, at this point.

We've already seen Nordic and French (amongst others) influences on buildings and clothing, so this wouldn't feel too out-of-place.

• Options
    ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    lnp0eo3ocqm41.png
  • Options
    CypherCypher Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Something risqué for a change. Have only been compelled to purchase 2 of the outfits in the last 2 years. Mostly because many of them either medieval/too realistic or in the case of the current offering, a giant mushroom. Kinda saddens me.
  • Options
    Cypher wrote: »
    Something risqué for a change. Have only been compelled to purchase 2 of the outfits in the last 2 years. Mostly because many of them either medieval/too realistic or in the case of the current offering, a giant mushroom. Kinda saddens me.

What do you have in mind?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    NeliryaNelirya Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I am a big fan of more elegant kind of outfits and the only cosmetic that has really appealed to my taste and that I decided to buy was the Sunscorch Raiment outfit from the September 2020 pack:

Sunscorch_Raiment.png

I really hope to see more styles like the one above. Perhaps something darker also... something among the lines of this:

4a4a3d94ab1b70b348e79276e66a6722.jpg
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I really love the idea of a corrupted or shadow style ronin. It would be cool to alter this to have particle effects too!

unknown.png
  • Options
    Jiraiya wrote: »
    I really love the idea of a corrupted or shadow style ronin. It would be cool to alter this to have particle effects too!

unknown.png

I know want to see that as a wondering high level mob
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Inside the helmet view - i really love the Blood Moon style skins the LoL has

168-1683014_demon-samurai-mask.png
  • Options
    I would really love a steampunk or tech style cosmetics to come out as well. I know they are notoriously over done in mmo's but there is a reason. People love that style
  • Options
    I would really love a steampunk or tech style cosmetics to come out as well. I know they are notoriously over done in mmo's but there is a reason. People love that style

Steven already said that's a nope
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Nagash wrote: »

The steampunk idea is out the window? Aw damn. I haven't been able to catch up on all the stream uploads but another really cool idea would be a design around ancient civilizations like the Aztecs and stuff. Like i say in all my ideas - obviously not copied directly one to one, but a flair of style would be dope.
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »

The steampunk idea is out the window? Aw damn. I haven't been able to catch up on all the stream uploads but another really cool idea would be a design around ancient civilizations like the Aztecs and stuff. Like i say in all my ideas - obviously not copied directly one to one, but a flair of style would be dope.

yeah when he was asked about gunpowder and the like he said ashes would just be a high fantasy game and not much else
    nJ0vUSm.gif